Posts: 124 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Edmonton Canada
Originally Posted by taviman View Post
I'm on PR 1.2 and the video you mentioned is smooth as silk.

For me, Ican't update to 1.3 because I can't find it with Suite, NSU or navifirm.
How come?
You can find it on Navifirm?! It's definitely there..

Still not possible to write longer subjects in emails (kind of a bother if you're using tags and things for certain services). There was a bug reported on this, and I believe marked as fixed, but is not.

Originally Posted by slashd0t View Post
You can find it on Navifirm?! It's definitely there..
Yeah, sorry. Strange tho (at least for me), it is not on the Nokia Servers but Production External servers.
What are these servers and what is the meaning of this? Is it common for new firmware to appear on "external" servers?

Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
Hi, everyone,

One thing that happened that nobody else mentioned (or that I didn't find at least) is that Accuweather was due to an upgrade to version 1.0.19 from 1.0.17 *after* the OS upgrade. I tried it but it said it couldn't go ahead due to some other dependencies needing it.

I did the obvious thing: uninstall it and attempt to install agian from the Store. The store had the old version (1.0.17) and it coulnd't install because it couldn't figure out the dependencies. I'm on Meecast now, so really don't know if the problem has been fixed. I suspect this is a Store/Accuweather issue, but not massive IMHO.
Had the same problem with accuweather after ota update.
Also N9 was a bit laggy

Solved it by reinstalling PR1.3 over Nokia Suite

Now everything works fine so far

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Still haven't found my update. But I'm very happy for all of you out there with the latest and the greatest.

Let's hope nokia can speed up the process in the upper om inget days...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
dave999 you've been deliberately withheld from updating due to your inpatience with your pr1.3 anticipation thread...

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Video playback fixed?

PR 1.2 ruined the video playback experience - any video I tried was choppy and stuttery. It annoyed me every time I needed to watch something.

I haven't updated to 1.3 yet. Can anyone (who has) please confirm that videos (such as the included Dolby one with the girl making funny noises) are now as smooth as previously in PR 1.1?
I never had any issues with videos on PR1.2 I just checked the Dolby video and it plays seemlessly for me

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Video playback fixed?

PR 1.2 ruined the video playback experience - any video I tried was choppy and stuttery. It annoyed me every time I needed to watch something.
It is fixed. I just checked the Nokia pure video, where the pauses used to be quite noticeable in Pr1.2. Now it plays smoothly.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
dave999 you've been deliberately withheld from updating due to your inpatience with your pr1.3 anticipation thread...
Yes, that might be the case. But I'm ready for Nokia's update slowness. This was the same for both the priveous updates. And will probably continue in the next device nokia n10. Just have to prepare yourself for the worse.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Is it my imagination or did charging time almost double? Also my battery is acting quite weird now. I have low power mode set to kick in at 10% yet a little while ago it gave me notice that it was going into that mode about 5 minutes or so after I looked at it and it was at 18% and after the notice I looked and it was at 4% which is contradicting itself.

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert