Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I received an email from a person at Womworld/Nokia today asking me if I wanted to receive a trial of an n900.

I excitedly responded, with glee. Then the terms came in and its for 2 weeks. Although I have never held a n900 in my hand, its barely enough time to test it out, and see what I can make it do.

Just wondering what others think. Am I crazy, should I just get the thing for two weeks, its better than never holding one. At the same time, it seems like a waste of time and effort, and will just make me want one more.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
If you turn this down you might not get anymore offers

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I think that having penguinbait tinker with the n900 is more an opportunity for the community than for penguinbait himself. I wouldn't be surprised if this results in a port of kde 4.something which ultimately will be adopted as the first Meego release

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Perhaps you'll arouse the interest of potential benefactors to fund your project if you use that 2-weeks of opportunity to show off what you can do on the n900?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Why you thinking about it?! Take it my man, you will never get offered that again. Who knows you will like it. You are right 2 weeks wont be enough to get into it unless you are jobless, no gf, no friends....basically a lonely git then you prob cud hammer it lol
But none the less im sure u will discover an get to knw some of the great features an enjoy it.

No matter how hard I tried to resist, I had to accept. You can look forward to my review
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Man I'd take a N900 in for a two-week testdrive if they offered!

This even I own one of my own already *blush*

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
No matter how hard I tried to resist, I had to accept. You can look forward to my review
This is excellent news.

My wife would commit manslaughter if I received this offer. I would have immediately accepted... and after the two weeks would have been begging non-stop for $600 for a new phone ..

That would be the end of FatalSaint .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Should be here on Monday. At least I have this weekend to get my scratchbox up to date...

---------------
DHL WORLDWIDE EXPRESS
SHIPMENT ADVISORY

Subject:Your Nokia N900 phone is on it's way to you. Please let us know when it has arrived.

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
i had an n900 on loan from womworld for two weeks. and its definately not long enoughz. but enough time to fall in love with it. which is why i bought one today actually haha

The Following User Says Thank You to dscobsct For This Useful Post: