Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Regarding the autorotation issue:

I'd like it if there is an autorotation section in settings, which brings up a list of programs with checkboxes alongside. Checked items autorotate, and unchecked items don't. There should be 2 big buttons at the top as well: autorotate all (in essence checks all boxes); autorotate off (unchecks all boxes). This may only be possible for the built-in applications, unless developers are given the info on how to integrate their app into that as well, as it is much better in one place than within each specific app. Apps with no autorotation feature should have the checkbox blank and "greyed out".

Perhaps a default orientation - where the option is available - can also be available here, so a portrait/landscape slider or entry.

All checkboxes on the left so that the length of a program name doesn't get in the way of viewing the important info.

It may also be useful to have a program specific option from within that program. eg. when in the browser, you can tap the title bar for settings and change default orientation, autorotate on/off and this is reflected in the settings page.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Francisco
On call groups and distinctive ring tones

Previous Nokia phones, including the 6681 and E70, have not done well with groups, ringtones, and one-touch dialing locations when sync-ed using SyncML/iSync -- losing all customizations on every sync. Any implementation here should be checked to make sure that this does not occur (assuming the AT parser bug has been fixed).

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Saudi Arabia
every time time you need to delete, edit, for forward a contact, you have to open it first, it would be great to implement a "Long-Press" feature in the contacts that pops up a menu with the following options
1-delete
2-edit
3-send
4-select (AKA Mark)
5-merge

Moderator edit: post moved to pre-existing thread.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-01-07 at 22:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to rami For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Em, hi.

I was wondering, with all this brainstorming why nobody made any suggestions to re-add features that were there for a long time, or were added for handsome cash by other companies?

For example, people complain about lack of per-user ringtone, but I never used those because if I did I'd never know it was my phone that rang. I relied on the voice synth to read it out loud, which is mighty useful since it works an all contacts. Any of you ever tuned that off? (It's on by default)

What about video/animated portraits, it would be cool IMO to have the person calling you wave in the little window. It's not like it's hard to do. A little GIF or an AVI or an animated PNG.

Also, the call screen has a lot of free space. We have bigger images.

What about the call screen image quality? The image stored in contacts is too small, and it gets stretched as the window is bigger. How about an associate, each contact gets an unique ID, and that ID is replicated in an image or a video in a separate folder on the MMC. When calling, pull that. If not there, pull contact. Else, pull the blue unknown thingy. This worked just fine on S60 with a quarter the processing power and a tent of RAM and costs like 50$.

Where's progressive calling? Hum, then call. Ring for 2 seconds, wait 5, ring again, allow me to pick up without annoying everyone, yet still get it in the other room. I currently do thus via a custom sound that shuts up a little. It's a modern version of Attraction.

How about customizable ring screen? Let us put what we want on it? Just like we edit the desktops, let me move my red button on top and my green on bottom, they are too close together, you assume I'm watching the screen. This is one of the few phones you have to see to answer. (reject is easy, red is on bottom).

How about accelero-answer? Just like turning over shuts it up, how about head-down answers? Head-up is kinda bad because I'm looking at it. But I could rotate to answer, just leave the arm hanging to answer the phone. Mabye head-down-to-head-up. Or head-down shuts it up and proximity answers so one doesn't bust a membrane.

Does any of this appeal to you or am I the only one who wants this stuff?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
does this thread get an own proposal or should it be merged with the phone experience thread?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by ndi View Post

How about customizable ring screen? Let us put what we want on it? Just like we edit the desktops, let me move my red button on top and my green on bottom, they are too close together, you assume I'm watching the screen. This is one of the few phones you have to see to answer. (reject is easy, red is on bottom).

I totally agree with you! There is so much space on the screen. Why did they put the red and green button so close together? This could be improved!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behemoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 354 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ London (UK) / Zielona Góra (PL)
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
How about accelero-answer? Just like turning over shuts it up, how about head-down answers? Head-up is kinda bad because I'm looking at it. But I could rotate to answer, just leave the arm hanging to answer the phone. Mabye head-down-to-head-up. Or head-down shuts it up and proximity answers so one doesn't bust a membrane.
I wouldn't do auto-answer under any circumstance. Imagine you can't (or don't want) take a call. If I'd use accelerometer in relation to ringing phone, then picking it up from flat surface should make ringtone just quieter. HTC HD2 has such feature, very useful!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evad For This Useful Post:
customizable ring screen?

I would like the option to create 3 sliders @ringing time

1 slide up = silence
2 slide right = pickup
3 slide left = reject

Now if I get a call and grab my phone out of my pocket I have a chance that I already pressed to pickup or reject the call
that is very annoying (My guess that sliding can help here)

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by markske View Post
customizable ring screen?

I would like the option to create 3 sliders @ringing time

1 slide up = silence
2 slide right = pickup
3 slide left = reject

Now if I get a call and grab my phone out of my pocket I have a chance that I already pressed to pickup or reject the call
that is very annoying (My guess that sliding can help here)
It's a good Idea. I have this problems too and added a seperate Brainstorm for this kind of problems. You can find here the Brainstorm and here the Conversation.

I want is video calling, custom video for each contact....heck even if its for evryone i'd still want it.