Hi.

Is there any chance for setting vibration on/off to be added as an action in future versions?

--
Lukasz

Originally Posted by rooster13 View Post
Itselläni on käytössä sääntö, profiili äänettömälle aika välillä ma-to ja su, klo 22:00-06:30.
Ja viikonlopulle pe-la, klo 23:00-08:00 profiili äänettömälle.
Tämän lisäksi oletusäännössä profiili on soitolla. Tarvitaan siis kaksi erillistä sääntöä ja oletussääntöön ehto.

Toimii hyvin.
Ok, tutkailen vielä. Yritin ehkä turhan vähillä säädöllä Oletussääntöä fiksasin lisää...

Lisäsin tuohon oletusääntöön profiiliksi soitto. Nyt tuntuu toimivan oikein.

Aika oleellinen osio näemmä juurikin tuo.

Last edited by weelio; 2013-08-31 at 11:28.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bakulik View Post
Hi.

Is there any chance for setting vibration on/off to be added as an action in future versions?

--
Lukasz
Maybe. I'll write it down as future request.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Hi

- Why is it not possible to have 2 different 'custom action' for a set of condition? I would like to avoid a script which is a bit more pain to maintain.
edit: or maybe it is possible to put two lines of command in a 'custom action', forgot to test that...
Another possibility is to easily copy a condition from an existing rule (in my case, I would need to copy cells position which is difficult manually)

- I know you mention that you will not develop a condition based on bluetooth. But I wonder if the difficulty is in having paired devices connected. So at the end, would it be easier to get a condition on the fact that bluetooth is only enabled?

Thanks

Last edited by P@t; 2013-09-03 at 15:23.

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
- Why is it not possible to have 2 different 'custom action' for a set of condition? I would like to avoid a script which is a bit more pain to maintain.
edit: or maybe it is possible to put two lines of command in a 'custom action', forgot to test that...
You can have several commands if you launch it in shell. For example something like this:

Code:
sh -c 'echo first command; echo second command'
Another possibility is to easily copy a condition from an existing rule (in my case, I would need to copy cells position which is difficult manually)
I know that is a bit of a pain and I have thought about it also myself. But it's pretty easy to just copy the rule with the cell ids (long press on the rule in main view), and modify the rest to match what you want.

I know you mention that you will not develop a condition based on bluetooth. But I wonder if the difficulty is in having paired devices connected. So at the end, would it be easier to get a condition on the fact that bluetooth is only enabled?
A condition whether Bluetooth is enabled would probably be pretty easy. But since changing Bluetooth is already an action I'm wary to add such a condition as it could result in a vicious loop if the rules had conditions and actions for changing Bluetooth.

So I wouldn't want to add that unless there's a very good reason.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2013-09-04 at 20:35. Reason: Fixed quotes

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
scenario for Bluetooth condition:
when i start my car, the phone always connects via Bluetooth -> enable PSM, launch Navi, 2G, ...

one could create his own "in-car-mode", i would love that!

Last edited by Leinad; 2013-09-04 at 07:55.

Version 2.4.1 uploaded to Ovi Store, available already from OpenRepos.

No functional changes, but has updated Russian translation.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Restore previous profile doesn't reset the volume, AFAICT.

So if I'm on "Ring 100%" and a profile sets it to "Ring 25%" (my night time profile), with Restore previous profile, when the profile no longer applies the volume is still at 25%.

Workaround: have a default profile, but I'd hoped the "restore" option would allow me to skip that.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post

So if I'm on "Ring 100%" and a profile sets it to "Ring 25%" (my night time profile), with Restore previous profile, when the profile no longer applies the volume is still at 25%.
Are we talking about the ringing volume, and not the device volume? I did a simple test (Ring 40% when Idle for 0 secs, restore previous), and it worked as expected - when exiting from idle, it restored the ringing volume I had before going idle.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
Have you double-checked that "restore previous" is still checked in the condition settings? I had that happen to me once, but found the "restore" slider was off. I thought I'd just forgotten it, but it actually didn't stay set when I saved the changes again! I think it took 3 tries -- setting restore on and saving -- before it saved for real. After that, all was well.

I'd say it was a bug, except I haven't reproduced it reliably, so I'll just call it a one-time fluke.

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: