First day, no stutter whatsoever!! Love it in the car (was when it happened worst) and works flawlessly at work on the wireless music receiver even when connected to Wifi all day. The only time it seemed to do it in the past when connected to Wifi was when the router signal dropped and it had to keep switching from carrier to Wifi connection, and almost every few minutes in the car all the freaking time. Although one suggestion that should be implemented (I think I asked this before) is to have a little menu for settings such as disabling scanning upon bluetooth activation and reverse the process when bluetooth turned off. On a side note, It would not automatically connect back to AT&T once disconnected from Wifi (scanning off of course) and went back to normal once turned back on. It seems any internet connection whether carrier or Wifi would need to be manually selected with scanning disabled. No other tweaks on the phone besides running Oc'd @1300MHZ. Thanks for getting this whole process started! and where to donate?

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
streamed today without stutter for the first time. I'm not sure if this is because of your app/toggle.. But it was the first time it didn't lag at all. So yeah, it must be you. Gonna test it some more in other vehicles

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Not sure if this was mentioned but is this app DISABLING Wi-Fi or just disabling the scanning function and setting it to 0?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Not sure if this was mentioned but is this app DISABLING Wi-Fi or just disabling the scanning function and setting it to 0?

AFAIK disabling the scanning function i.e. changing it to 0...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I have updated the original posting with version 1.0.0 which has the icon changing working:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=55

I will do a proper release/announcement once I've tidied things a bit and published the sources somewhere.

Thank you all for testing and reporting, nice to know that it has helped with the issue.

If you'd like to donate, thank you much, you can donate through here (PayPal preferred):

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/donate.html

Just mention in the donation comment it's for ToggleWifiScan.

Although one suggestion that should be implemented (I think I asked this before) is to have a little menu for settings such as disabling scanning upon bluetooth activation and reverse the process when bluetooth turned off.
This would require a background daemon, so I think it's better to do this via ProfileMatic.

Only disables WiFi scanning.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-09-05 at 07:52.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Finalized version and sources available in announcement post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1261724

No functional changes, just some installation/deinstallation proofing.

Tried this toggle for like 5 hours today streaming to nokia play 360 speaker and I did not have any stutters. Even if i browsed web or running heavy tasks.

The word is amazing
Will donate!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
Ajalkane,

Is the bluetooth feature already implemented in Profilematic? or will it have to be? If it isn't when do you think it will be? Can it run in the background or does the app always have to be open? Rest assured as donation will be made for your efforts. Just for another 2 cents it had no affect sending MMS either while connected to Wifi since it has to temporarily disconnect to send and still no stutter

Last edited by justadude; 2012-09-06 at 02:33. Reason: added info

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Is the bluetooth feature already implemented in Profilematic? or will it have to be? If it isn't when do you think it will be? Can it run in the background or does the app always have to be open?
Bluetooth feature is not yet in ProfileMatic. I will try to implement it to the next version. ProfileMatic runs in background, no need to keep the application open.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-09-06 at 05:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Bluetooth feature is not yet in ProfileMatic. I will try to implement it to the next version. ProfileMatic runs in background, no need to keep the application open.
Don't mean to keep picking your brain here, but could you release a version of the toggle to turn bluetooth on/Wifi scan off on the same toggle and reverse the process when bluetooth toggle turned off? You could still implement the changing icon and one would know BT is on because of the little BT icon up in the status bar or possibly whatever creative icon that could be created for such situation. Is it too daft an idea?

Last edited by justadude; 2012-09-06 at 09:01. Reason: edit