Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
Yup, new version 1.1.2 just appeared, update was applied and Ringingrestorer is running. Now to see if the "daemon" still loads after a restart (why can't we force-load it if it crashes or fails to load automatically?) Thanks!

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Now to see if the "daemon" still loads after a restart (why can't we force-load it if it crashes or fails to load automatically?) Thanks!
Short answer:

- it should reload if it crashes (see /etc/init/apps/ringingrestorerd.conf).
- you can force load it by first doing "devel-su" and then doing "/sbin/initctl start apps/ringinrestorerd"
- and why it's hard to do from the application itself, the previous step should provide some hints: you need permissions not available to the default user to start the service. You can of course yourself automate it if you'd like by creating a simple icon that provides your devel-su password and starts it with above command.

All that said, if it doesn't start automatically there's probably deeper issues with the phone and it's modifications. Just remember it takes something around 2-3 minutes after you see the homescreen before these daemons are started.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: