Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Thanks. I have it installed. I'll be testing it tomorrow when I go to work. One thing to note: I can't select a WLAN that I'm not connected to when making new rules. I can only select the wifi AP that I'm already on.
That's on purpose, since the rule works only with a WLAN that you're connected to (uses less battery than scanning available WLANs).

How would you expect it to work differently?

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
That's on purpose, since the rule works only with a WLAN that you're connected to (uses less battery than scanning available WLANs).

How would you expect it to work differently?
Intuitively, I thought I'd be able to create WLAN rules for saved access points I've connected to in the past instead of having to wait until I get there.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Power saving mode disconnects from WLAN. So using WLAN condition to turn it back on will not work.
Maybe PM should not allow to use conditions that would invalidate itself?

I would be perfectly happy to limit powersaving features to time based rules, if that meant more reliability when it comes to respecting the rules I set.

This may already be done, but is it possible to delay the switch out of a location if its based on CellID? Even with 9 cell ids, it can flap in and out of a profile while my phone is just sitting there.

For availability, will being able to choose Available/Busy/Away be possible?

By the way, Thanks! Fantastic app.

I had a problem with 1.4.0. After setting some rules, e.g. power safe on at night, 80% ring when I'm home with cell id and WLAN set, and 100% ring when outside, I could not get any call.

My wife told me that she heard the tone when trying to call me buy my N9 did not ring, or even change to ring screen.

After remove ProfileMatic, everything seems to be back to normal. Please let me know if this is a bug and there's a fix for it. I'd love to use ProfileMatic again.

Cheers.

ProfileMatic 1.4.0 is now available in store.

New in this version:
- Flight mode
- Power saving mode
- Availability (contributed by Philip Lorenz)

Thanks to Philip for his excellent contribution!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arpa View Post
Maybe PM should not allow to use conditions that would invalidate itself?
I'm thinking the same thing. Although I think I should just display a warning, and not outright disallow setting such rules.

I'll put that to the next version.

Originally Posted by jonnyl View Post
This may already be done, but is it possible to delay the switch out of a location if its based on CellID? Even with 9 cell ids, it can flap in and out of a profile while my phone is just sitting there.
Not done for Cell Ids, but similar "timeout" has been done to WLAN. I'll look into including it to CellID location for 1.5.0 or 1.6.0.

For availability, will being able to choose Available/Busy/Away be possible?
That should be possible. I'll add it to things to do. But who knows, Philip might decide to implement it, then it might arrive sooner than expected :P.

By the way, Thanks! Fantastic app.
Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thanyapat View Post
I had a problem with 1.4.0. After setting some rules, e.g. power safe on at night, 80% ring when I'm home with cell id and WLAN set, and 100% ring when outside, I could not get any call.
Did you see any calls in the call log, what I mean was the phone just silent? Just a word of warning about the rules as you described up there: setting cell id and WLAN to the same rule rarely makes sense. That kind of rule means both conditions must much, that you're in one of the specified Cell Ids AND you're connected to the specified WLAN. It's not that either of the conditions being true will make the rule active.

Anyway there's no way ProfileMatic can make your phone not receive calls (except by turning on flight mode, but uninstalling ProfileMatic would not resolve the issue in that case), so whatever it was I doubt it was caused by ProfileMatic. But if you can reproduce it and let me know the exact situation and what rules you had, I can try and reproduce it myself.

Anyway I will also be testing the power saving mode etc. more on my phone, but so far I have seen no problems.

Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Intuitively, I thought I'd be able to create WLAN rules for saved access points I've connected to in the past instead of having to wait until I get there.
Ah I see... I guess my worry was that could lead users to believe the WLAN rule would be active if any of the selected WLANs were visible (not connected yet). Perhaps I worried unnecessarily.

But I'm not sure if it's possible to access those saved WLANs. I seem to remember it may be possible... I'll look into it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post: