Active Topics

@rcolistete: I repeated step B.1. I noticed that when I install easy-deb-chroot as a "devel-su" root I get this:
/home/user/MyDocs/.downloads # dpkg -i easy-deb
-chroot_1.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 47179 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace easy-deb-chroot 1.1.0-1harmattan1 (using easy-deb-chroot_1.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb) ...
+edrtxk,-saz
Nothing to do; chroot not mounted!
cp: can't create '/home/user/.chroot.orig/.chroot': Permission denied
cp: can't create '/home/user/.gtkrc-2.0.orig/.gtkrc-2.0': Permission denied
Unpacking replacement easy-deb-chroot ...
aegis-installing easy-deb-chroot (from '')
Setting up easy-deb-chroot (1.1.0-1harmattan1)...
+edrtxk,-saz
Nothing to do; chroot not mounted!
Thanks again!

Last edited by aStrike; 2012-11-12 at 22:59.

Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
@rcolistete: I repeated step B.1. I noticed that when I install easy-deb-chroot as a "devel-su" root I get this:

Thanks again!
I'm having the same issue as you. Forgive me, but I do not see how you resolved it even though it appears you did so. I have went back through my Inception install multiple time and everything seems to go well but when I try to install easy-deb-chroot_1.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb I get the same aeigisctl permissions errors.

BTW. I realize this is my first post and that may raise suspicions as to my N9/Linux familiarity but up until I attempted to install Easy Debian I had never had any issues with anything.

Thanks

@MLeopard: Don't get me wrong, I am still having a problem with getting the n950 keyboard to work, but it may not be relevant as you are a n9 user.
After the harmattan sdk repository will be online again I will try to reflash the n950 and reinstall easy debian to see if it will solve the problem.

Regarding the aeigisctl permissions errors, have you tried gaining root as "/usr/bin/aegisctl -s"? or checking if you have the right aegis credentials ( like in here:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81579&page=37)

The Following User Says Thank You to aStrike For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aStrike View Post
@MLeopard: Don't get me wrong, I am still having a problem with getting the n950 keyboard to work, but it may not be relevant as you are a n9 user.
After the harmattan sdk repository will be online again I will try to reflash the n950 and reinstall easy debian to see if it will solve the problem.

Regarding the aeigisctl permissions errors, have you tried gaining root as "/usr/bin/aegisctl -s"? or checking if you have the right aegis credentials ( like in here:http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81579&page=37)
Well, I can't say that I know what changed but in a moment of frustration I tapped the LXDE icon and it opened. So problem solved but I don't know how.

1) Choose a Debian image :
There are some options of Debian images, see their detailed description in post #137.
It's recommended to use the most stable image where all Easy Debian icons work, it is a scientific version of Qole's default Easy Debian image, debian-m5-v3e-Sci-2GB.img.ext2.lzma (04/08/2012, 486 MB of download, 2GB after uncompressing, 176 MB available inside it). If downloaded before 04/08/2012, please download it again as it was updated. Copy it to "/home/user/MyDocs/" then, as user in Terminal :
$ cd ~/MyDocs
$ xz -d debian-m5-v3e-Sci-2GB.img.ext2.lzma
It takes 5 minutes to uncompress. Like the Qole's default image (debian-m5-v3e.img.ext), it has : OpenOffice, Iceweasel / Firefox (with Java and Flash), Icedove / Thunderbird, GIMP, Evince (reads PDF, PS and DVI), Leafpad text editor, Synaptic package manager, PC Man file manager, Open Java, Python 2.6.6, sound support & tools.
There are many additional softwares installed, mainly about programming and science :
Abiword, Gnumeric, Geany and gedit programming text editors, gFTP, TeXMaker / TeX, Maxima / wxMaxima and Yacas CAS (Computer Algebra System), Python tools (IPython, NumPy, MatPlotLib, Sympy, etc), gcc/g++ 4.4.5, make, dpkg-dev, etc
I've done with this part, but nothing happen when tap the icon "FixDebImg". then i try to tap the "Debian LXDE" icon to start but the debian didn't start. please help

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
Hi guys! I'm a newbie in this thread and I wanted to use Easy Debian on my Nokia N9. I followed the steps stated in the first post on how to install manually. Everything went through, I have all the 20 Icons of Easy Debian but I'm still going to download the Debian image ext2 or ext3. I just want to know whether I have done it the right way. Here's a screenshot I took when I installed the easy-deb-chroot_1.1.0-1harmattan1_armel.deb, please tell me if it's correct. Thanks
Attached Images

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
i have another question that maybe stupid but...

why create desktop shortcuts to openoffice if you cannot use the vkb if you open it this way?

is this only to use it with a bluethooth keyboard?

The Following User Says Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
@mcbook: N950?
a bluethooth keyboard is also an option (I guess you have a n9).

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
oh yes,
there is the n950 (totally forgot...)

thx

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
why create desktop shortcuts to openoffice if you cannot use the vkb if you open it this way?

is this only to use it with a bluethooth keyboard?
Possible advantages to open softwares outside LXDE :
1) run them full screen and to view documents, etc, even without vkb;
2) use with Bluetooth external keyboards, the compatibility (working keys, etc) is better than inside LXDE;
3) use the physical keyboard of N950, the compatibility (working keys, etc) is better than inside LXDE.

I really use cases (1) and (2) on my N9.

Also, it is easier to remove icons than create them, from user's point-of-view. The FAQ #2 explains how to remove icons.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post: