Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
This app is awesome!

Just need a way to get delivery reports on the txts sent via it

Also clear the text input field one the send button has been pressed! The ability to highlight all text and then clear would also suffice

Is there anyway you could help the guys over at

portrait-keyboard

They are using the default portrait keyboard that nokia made but never finished. Its lacking T9 support which your app does perfectly Maybe you could help them to bundle T9 onto their quicker?

Just a suggestion
this would be great!!!!

Originally Posted by andrew_85 View Post
this would be great!!!!
I agree! Help the entire community!

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
lol
i feel a bit of pressure on me :P

now i understand what you mean with notification and perhapse it is not so hard to implement!

Anyway before working on integration with other apps or making this app a library i have to work on stability and implement a user friendly gui to change settings. Without this features only few people can really use fastsms

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Hi

If anybody wants a FULL engish disctionary text file

English Dictionary.txt
Im going to use your dictionary for english

A question: did you notice slowdown with a so big dictionary?

Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
Im going to use your dictionary for english

A question: did you notice slowdown with a so big dictionary?
It takes a a good 5-10 minutes to compile it in the dictionary.txt file. But otherwise it runs the same as it did before I got that

Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
lol
i feel a bit of pressure on me :P

now i understand what you mean with notification and perhapse it is not so hard to implement!

Anyway before working on integration with other apps or making this app a library i have to work on stability and implement a user friendly gui to change settings. Without this features only few people can really use fastsms
Hopefully its not too hard, its probably just a parameter that needs to be done when sending the txt

The app is very stable for a release build, and definately try to improve it but dont spend all your time focusing on tht and neglect the rest of it. Alot of people with an N900 are tech smart, they know how to mess around and there arent many people with no knowledge of tweaking with things

Dont push yourself too much, your doing us a favour, nobody is rushing you

I will try and look into the whole sending part of the app and see if I can find out the difference to enable delivery reports, not promising anything though

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
I noticed fastSMS today in -devel: http://maemo.org/packages/view/fastsms/

Anyone tried it?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Didn't try it but had a look at the code.

@realsportcars: Please please please check your code! It seems like you're coming from a Java background. You allocate very much objects (for example QFile and QString instances) on the heap without ever deleting them. Please keep in mind that C++ does not have a garbage collector

Originally Posted by gri View Post
Didn't try it but had a look at the code.

@realsportcars: Please please please check your code! It seems like you're coming from a Java background. You allocate very much objects (for example QFile and QString instances) on the heap without ever deleting them. Please keep in mind that C++ does not have a garbage collector
no no...you are wrong!!! it not seems...IT IS! :P
I always work in java environment!
And honestly i never saw c++ before this project

Seriously i know that i have to study a lot about it, specially on performance and memory usage.

However i have a question for you: when an object on the heap exit from scope or have no pointer referencing it, is true or not that this object will be deleted automatically? i read something about this while reading Qt documentation but im not really sure...can you help me?

Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
I noticed fastSMS today in -devel: http://maemo.org/packages/view/fastsms/

Anyone tried it?
Yes....it is in testing and this is the discussion
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56220