Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
Weird. If I make time based rule then everything works fine. All accounts goes to offline without a problem.
I also noticed that if I have set accounts to go offline mode in default rule and open 3G connection (default rule is activated) there's no problem.
So this problem seems to occur only with WLAN rules or else I'm doing something wrong
I think I know what's happening but I'm not entirely sure yet (your observations do match what I believe though). Do those problems only occur if the accounts were not fully signed in yet before you connect to the WLAN (i.e. the availability indicator is still blinking)? I think that Telepathy/TelepathyQt4 ignores the presence change during reconnection phase which may be tricky to solve as I have not found a method in the API to forcefully interrupt the reconnection attempt.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
I think it's a limitation with the way the N9 works, but I noticed that when ProfileMatic switches between 2g to dual and from dual to 2g, my N9 completely loses its cell connection briefly. It's not a big deal, but I figured it's worth asking about.

When I do this manually, switching from 2g to dual doesn't drop the connection whereas dual to 2g does. ProfileMatic drops when doing both.

The Following User Says Thank You to legoman666 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
I think it's a limitation with the way the N9 works, but I noticed that when ProfileMatic switches between 2g to dual and from dual to 2g, my N9 completely loses its cell connection briefly. It's not a big deal, but I figured it's worth asking about.

When I do this manually, switching from 2g to dual doesn't drop the connection whereas dual to 2g does. ProfileMatic drops when doing both.
I use pretty straightforward API to change it, there's no room to change anything using that API.

I could try seeing if there's another way of changing the mobile network mode, like modifying some gconf value.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Hi, i try this great app. For me missed condition "on-power". Any idea or plans about this ?
When i find tool for dbus monitoring, i try catch this message.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by chillip View Post
I think I know what's happening but I'm not entirely sure yet (your observations do match what I believe though). Do those problems only occur if the accounts were not fully signed in yet before you connect to the WLAN (i.e. the availability indicator is still blinking)? I think that Telepathy/TelepathyQt4 ignores the presence change during reconnection phase which may be tricky to solve as I have not found a method in the API to forcefully interrupt the reconnection attempt.
It works like the same even if accounts were fully signed in. Normal situations accounts are fully signed in when that rule becomes active, but now when I have made tests I have manually switched connections.
I will gladly help to solve this if there is anything I can do

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
If there's no bug in profilematic and your device misses power events please try to turn it off by holding in the power button for 10 seconds. The part of the system that is supposed to send out these events sometimes stops working.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Hi,

most likely you will be able to change "Background connection" in the next version by giving a custom command. The next version will include running of command-line scripts, and I think changing "Background connection" is possible from command-line. Haven't yet tested, but when I test I'll post instructions.
With the 1.5.0 beta, posted earlier, you can do this by using the following custom actions:

Turning background connection off:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s --type boolean /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/restricted_mode false
Turning background connection on:

Code:
gconftool-2 -s --type boolean /system/osso/connectivity/network_type/restricted_mode true
Once version 1.5.0 goes to store I will update ProfileMatic's homepage to include these tips + QR Codes so that you can easily scan them with MeeScan and copy-paste them to ProfileMatic's actions.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kaacz View Post
Hi, i try this great app. For me missed condition "on-power". Any idea or plans about this ?
When i find tool for dbus monitoring, i try catch this message.
I don't quite understand what you'd want to do. Can you explain more on this "on-power" condition? Do you mean a condition when phone is switched on?

If it's that, I must warn that any 3rd party background applications are loaded a few minutes after you get the application grid visible on the device. So that means, if I were to create such a condition then it would be activated with a small delay after booting your phone.

A precise use case would be helpful in considering how to best implement this.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
If there's no bug in profilematic and your device misses power events please try to turn it off by holding in the power button for 10 seconds. The part of the system that is supposed to send out these events sometimes stops working.
Tried but didn't help

Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
Weird. If I make time based rule then everything works fine. All accounts goes to offline without a problem.
I also noticed that if I have set accounts to go offline mode in default rule and open 3G connection (default rule is activated) there's no problem.
So this problem seems to occur only with WLAN rules or else I'm doing something wrong
Maybe this issue is somehow related to WLAN becoming just connected. Do you know how good your signal is to the WLAN? Does your phone get easily disconnected? I wonder how Telepathy reacts if the connection is disturbed. Will it persist the mode that was set, and apply it when connection is back on, or does it just fail?

Also do you have the "restore previous availability" option on?

I notice something a bit strange on the log too before the error:

ConditionManagerLocationCell::monitorCellId(0)

This means that there is no GSM signal.