Notices

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by Alan_Peery View Post
the XUL user interfaces language is definitely in scope.
I can't resist posting a bit of history, at least as I see and remember it... XUL is very clearly inspired by XIL, an attempt of the X Windows community to make a generalized GUI language that didn't force developers to go down into the depths of X11 and Motif. It didn't have support for drag and drop operations at the start, and never saw wide adoption.

On a more personal note, the customization language for the GUIs of the original Tivoli systems management framework was also inspired by XIL. It was called Tivoli AEF, for Application Extension Facility, and for a time I was the worldwide support contact... :-)
http://www.eff.org.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alan_Peery For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Davey101 View Post
I decided to pay $25 for a year's subscription with Nuevasync in order to get push Gmail with contacts, calendar and tasks (Toodledo not Google) and it's working well.
I didn't know there was a Toodledo integration that works with the N900. That's VERY interesting. Does it cope well with all the variations on Toodledo for tasks? I would imagine that would be difficult as Toodledo is the most flexible of the online task mamangers I found when I did a serious set of comparisons about 20 months back...

If anyone reading this and looking for an online task manager, take a look at http://www.toodledo.com. This includes RTM users, it's good enough that you might want to convert. :-) It is missing an N900 client, but it looks like that may have been addressed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alan_Peery For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post

I know it is freaking running on the N810 all we would have to do is make the buttons a little bigger!!!!

Cant find the source for it though
Thinking about this a bit more, I think a first pass could be done without the source code. If you installed the N810 version onto the N900, the modifications the the XUL to put large icons in place of normal is likely to be a small mod. I don't know how Debian packaging deals with a "package A & then overwrite file A.whatever with a modified version" approach.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
You can try out Thunderbird 3.0 in the latest Easy Debian image...

See here and here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Agreed that something better needs to be done, can't even select all email to move elsewhere. Very basic set-up for a £500 gadget.

I miss Profimail on my old, but clunky N97.

Originally Posted by berty View Post
Agreed that something better needs to be done, can't even select all email to move elsewhere. Very basic set-up for a £500 gadget.

I miss Profimail on my old, but clunky N97.
sure there is.
go to in box
tap on top menu, select move mail
now control A on keyboard selects all
or individually select mails by tapping on them.

same for delete.

just to confirm this is imap4 with my gmail account.

Thanks for the tip. Email app still has a long way to go.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ England
Anyone interested in using mutt on N900? Here is an extremely useful post: http://forums.internettablettalk.com...790#post550790
Although it is tailored to work with an yahoo account, I actually got it working on my N900 with my gmail; at the moment I don't have time to learn how to compile urlview so that mutt becomes even more useful for what I need. It can also link nicely with lynx so that html coding is presented in a nicer way!

Hope that helps all the mutt users. If anyone knows or has done the compilation of urlview (it should not be too difficult), please do let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to pbox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
I tried out the e-mail client, which is a bit limited, and I could find no settings that allow for e-mails to be left on the server. Usually I set that on portable devices, so that I can make sure a copy goes to my main PC when I use it (I keep a record of some e-mails going back ten years). Have I missed something, or is the only way to use the client by removing the e-mail from the e-mail server?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by mishmich View Post
I could find no settings that allow for e-mails to be left on the server.
You can, in fact must, set this for each email account. Open the account, tap on the top bar of the screen, then select 'Edit account' put a check in 'Leave messages on server' and save your settings.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:

Tags
porting outlook express