Just stumbled upon this guy, http://www.linkedin.com/pub/amol-deshmukhmane/9/134/789

Says he is the project manager for Harmattan / Ilmater Imaging applications. What is Ilmater?

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Last edited by slaapliedje; 2012-09-25 at 04:41.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Ilmatar's dead, baby.

It's so dead that the place that Intel interviewed potential hires after Feb11 was same place as a Resturant Ilmatar in Helsinki.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
Ilmatar is finnic deity of air and winds.

Originally Posted by ladoga View Post
Ilmatar is finnic deity of air and winds.
The word "ilma" is "air" in english while suffix "-tar" is oldish way to refer someone is female. Hence "ilmatar" for female god of air.

The Following User Says Thank You to mahead For This Useful Post:
Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
dude, its linkedin, you can say what you want and forget to update your profile after you get fired.
on the other hand, how is a indian surviving in finland. We speak english but finnish is another story.

I just thought it sounded cool, 'cause I think Ilmater is also a god (goddess) in the Forgotten Realms https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilmater

Indeed it was (can't believe I remembered that.)

Anyhow, my main question was, what was it SUPPOSED to be?

I realized it was dead, and I realize that linkedin is one of those places that people tend to not update, though I'd think that with the technical crap this guy has on his linkedin page that he would have updated it if he had been canned and looking for a job.

Ha ha, I wonder if in Finland the date of Feb 11th is going to be like Friday the 13th, and considered an unlucky or cursed day?

I know that it certainly is here. So much potential flushed down the drain, stupid Nokia and Elop and Microsoft bullcrap..

slaapliedje
I have figured out the reason 'smartphones' were invented. They are for reading the internet while pooping. This means the best smartphone ever created is the N9. It is the only one that works so well single-handed.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I read somewhere that Ilmatar was to be the sequel to Harmattan that was going to be based on "pure" MeeGo, as opposed to Harmattan which is more similar to Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Does that mean Ilmater is what Jolla would be working on? Oh by the way, I saw a post over at Amiga.org about Nemo, but I think they were referring to something non-Maemo/MeeGo related. Then I got sidetracked by that nasty thing called work. Can't they see I'm trying to do non-work stuff at work? Blah!

slaapliedje

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Ilmatar, if I remember the rumours correctly, was the real Meego, running on Intel CPU.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Ilmatar, if I remember the rumours correctly, was the real Meego, running on Intel CPU.
Yes and IIRC this was exactly what Elop was referring to when he said about the Emperor has no clothes...

Till-date Intel's CPU is still struggling so the hard truth is he was right about pure MeeGo but hid the truth that MeeGo-Harmattan could still be adapted and released in various devices...

Well its water under the bridge now...