Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
So, due to some SymPy internal details, it is needed to have an opened X terminal so the bidimensional output shows greek and other symbols. Maybe a future version of SymPy will solve this limitation/feature.
Good news, the above issue was solved ! The extras-devel repository is updated with Integral 1.1.2.

Integral 1.1.2 (15/09/2011) :
* no need anymore of X terminal being opened to show greek and other symbols in bidimensional output.

The Maemo autobuilder (which creates the .deb files to extras-devel) has some problems today, so I am trying to send "Integral v1.1.2" to extras-devel without success...
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2011-09-15 at 22:18.

The Maemo autobuilder (which creates the .deb files to extras-devel) has some problems today, so I am trying to send "Integral v1.1.2" to extras-devel without success...
The above issue was solved and Integral v1.1.2 is now available in the extras-devel repository.
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
"Integral" is now available in the extras-testing repository.

Please help promote Integral and SymPy to extras repository by voting in :
SymPy 0.7.1-maemo3
Integral 1.1.2-fremantle2

SymPy 0.7.1 is available for Maemo 4 (Diablo) and Maemo 5 (Fremantle), see the SymPy thread in Talk Maemo.org.

Integral 1.1.3 (06/10/2011) is now available for Maemo 4 (Diablo) in extras repository as well as Maemo.org Downloads :
* 1st release for Maemo 4 Diablo.
* using SymPy 0.7.1 (07/2011).
* time to load is approx. 20 seconds on Nokia N810.

From version 1.1.3, the "About" dialog shows "In loving memory of my wife Lorena" because unfortunately she left this world in 19/09/2011.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2011-10-08 at 16:46. Reason: Available in extras repository and Maemo.org Downloads

Integral 1.1.4 (08/10/2011) is available for Maemo 4 (Diablo) in extras repository as well as Maemo.org Downloads:
* fix sqrt symbol for bidimensional output on Maemo 4 Diablo.

The Dejavu Sans Mono font of TTF-Dejavu for Maemo 4 is not as complete as for PC computers, althought a lot more complete than Monospace font on Maemo 4.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Integral 1.1.3 (06/10/2011) is now available for Maemo 4 (Diablo) in extras repository as well as Maemo.org Downloads :
* 1st release for Maemo 4 Diablo.
* using SymPy 0.7.1 (07/2011).
* time to load is approx. 20 seconds on Nokia N810.

From version 1.1.3, the "About" dialog shows "In loving memory of my wife Lorena" because unfortunately she left this world in 19/09/2011.
Condolences to you and yours...

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
my condolences as well. and thank you for working on this application.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
SymPy topic is updated with screenshots showing how to reproduce "Integral" calculations directly on SymPy.

The example shows that "Integral" has many features/options which needs a lot of typing in Sympy interactive shell so it is a lot easier to use "Integral" if you only want to calculate integrals with SymPy.

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
See also "Derivative" (listed in the Integral web site) in v0.9 (v1.0 will be announced next week) :
http://www.robertocolistete.net/Derivative/
About the change from 1 week (from August 10th) to 2 months to release Derivative 1.0, it was because I decided to :
- first further improve "Integral" with new features (v1.1.0, etc, in September) then release "Derivative", "Limit", etc including them;
- release SymPy v0.7.1 (latest version, from July 2011) to Maemo 4 & 5, it is a huge package, indeed 3 packages, python-sympy, python-sympy-ui (with icon and isympy) and python-sympy-doc;
- release also to Maemo 4 (Diablo), for example, "Derivative" 1.0 was released at the same time for Maemo 4 and 5.

Sadly, my wife left this world in 19/09/2011, it was a tragedy. But I continue to develop softwares to Maemo as a way to occupy my thoughts, keep me motivated (programming in Python and Qt is a joy) and make the difference in this world.

Next steps until the end of this year :

- release "Limit" v1.0 to Maemo 4 & 5 repositories;
- release DejaVu Sans TTF fonts to Maemo 5 so the bidimensional output in "Integral", etc, has better quality;
- release new versions of "Integral", "Derivative" and "Limit" on Maemo 5 using DejaVu Sans Mono fonts, splash screen, save menu option, etc;
- (try to) release iPython 0.10-2 for Maemo 4 (and 5), so the interactive shell for Sympy (python-sympy-ui with icon and isympy) will be release for Maemo 4. It is because iPython for Maemo 4 is old and incompatible with SymPy 0.7.1;
- (try to) release SymPy to MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan (Nokia N9);
- (try to) release "Integral", etc to MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan (Nokia N9), with UI rewritten in Qt Quick Components.

Then new projects will be the target, with SymPy front-end (MathSymPy) the main one.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2011-10-20 at 15:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Integral 1.1.6 (23/10/2011) is available for Maemo 4 (Diablo) in extras repository as well as Maemo.org Downloads:
* depends on python-symPy_0.7.1-maemo4 which fixes the missing dependency of python2.5-dev on Maemo 4 Diablo;
* added 'About Qt' menu item;
* 'Help' and 'About' with different dialog;
* '=' is not shown in empty output.

See in the topic SymPy, Integral, Derivative, etc - CAS for Maemo 4 (Diablo) the discussion about the missing dependency of python2.5-dev on Maemo 4 Diablo.