Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
First of all thanks very much for this. I love it. But I have a problem. I do not have cssu but I installed the deb file in the first post. It is rotating but when it is in portrait mode and press the status area it does not work. Even in settings it goes back to landscape and every other app. What did I do wrong please?

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
First of all thanks very much for this. I love it. But I have a problem. I do not have cssu but I installed the deb file in the first post. It is rotating but when it is in portrait mode and press the status area it does not work. Even in settings it goes back to landscape and every other app. What did I do wrong please?
You do not have CSSU installed and that's all

The Following User Says Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by luketanti View Post
You did not do anything wrong. All of the other portrait support (settings, status menu, etc) you mentioned is provided by the CSSU. You would need to install the CSSU to get that functionality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dannycamps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
OK I installed cssu and now they work. Thanks

Arcean, I am available for testing and bug reporting as well. Could you please pm me with the latest deb, I use the phone alot so I can test most of the apps for the blacklist and general bugs in hildon home and desktop.

Thanks

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
it wont install for me, i get the fillowing error after it launches the HAM and i select ok to install

Unable to update "hildon-desktop" incompatible application package

cd into the folder in which you have the file and then dpkg -i "full name of the file.deb" as root

This is what i call the real n900, thank you sooooooooo much

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks Alfred!

I've just installed it, its really very awesome!
Only the livewallpaper isnt really happy with portrait mode :P Is it an idea to keep the livewallpaper in the same orientation, or to change its resolution to 800x800?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade
hmmm.... i see it would be implemented to choose portrait an landsape wallpaper separately, so this is my question for devs: could you make a option to NOT rotate background? this way, i think there would be no problems with live wallpaper, and option to choose different ones. So it could be only enhancement (or option, call it as you want). what do you think?