Notices

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
App Crashes when loading Bloxorz, The game loads and then the sound just loops. Even when flash game and app is closed sound still loops and need to reboot.

I occasionally get a white screen when loading games but have found this is when my internet connect has connected after the Flash app has tried to load. If you connect to your internet before loading the app this should fix this issue.

Last edited by Livinmalife; 2010-07-17 at 17:21.

Would be nice if someone would make a pack or a list with some games =)

A bit late to the party but I downloaded a flash game and imported the swf using the UI. but it hangs on a white screen and doesnt work.
Great Work btw this will add alot of games to the n900 and will be a big improvement

Thanks,

edit: none of the preinstalled games work anymore the screen just blanks when i acess them

Last edited by confusedfella; 2010-09-05 at 17:05.

This app does not work at all.
Flash files only launch if specified microb engine when you added games, which opens them in the regular browser. Kind of defeats its purpose. If you choose any other engine all you see is a white screen.

This goes for the included files aswell as your own imported ones.

I would suggest dropping all the grapics in the launcher and instead provide an easy to scroll list of all apps. As it is now, its not very pretty or functional.

Also there should be a way to delete/edit entrys without having to find and edit a .conf file.

This app has a huge potential, not just for flash games but also for flash apps. If there was a way to save/read variables in the swf through the flashlauncher we could make a ton of flash apps and games specific for the flashlauncher.

I beg you OP to continue this fantastic project

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by outdoors View Post
This app does not work at all.
Flash files only launch if specified microb engine when you added games, which opens them in the regular browser. Kind of defeats its purpose. If you choose any other engine all you see is a white screen.
Yes, this is a known PR1.2 'issue' Workarounds exist by excellent work submitted by bundyo and qwerty12 but not quite integrated yet (still hoping that a mythical PR1.3 will save the day).

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
i've just tried it both with the games that come with it and with a swf i got from somewhere else and it just shows a gray (green?) screen with a black line in the middle

edit: somtimes the blackline doesn't show

edit2: ok, had to set kit to use another engine, didn't notice much improvenment over just loading it straight on the browser, but i might not be doing everything right

Last edited by TiagoTiago; 2010-11-03 at 05:49.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I changed it to 10.1.61.0 (froyo), I am running maemo, and in this online game site, all flash, some work and some dont, may give hints to the problem. I am running PR 1.3. Youtube worked too, but not as good as in PR 1.2.

That is a good site to test flash player.

bun

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Hi attila77.

Long time I haven't check maemo.org. Lack of time earning money to survive. However Xmas is coming and I'm going to have some longer break . Meanwhile I was thinking a lot about my flaemo project and once again back here testing stuff and of course using Flash Launcher as well. Yes, we have stuck on keyboard freezing bug and I see nothing changed. But I have noticed something interesting and founded work around .

I have some demo project for video performance testing and general screen mode behavior.

Try to set this up in FlashLauncher.
www.flaemo.com/07/
This is just an video player.

HOWEVER, there is red button in the middle. If you click on it will force flash player working in Full Screen mode. (Don't worry about second one. It is to make sure that using MicroB in full Screen Mode full interactivity of flash is enabled)
Unfortunately Maemo in this case opening secondary window. MicroB doing this same thing. That leads to some architectural issue how flash devs usualy recognize display state.

Instead of listening to Resize Event. From Flash Player point of view brand new instance has been created. Resize Event wasn't fired. And if you will escape from full screen mode you can even hear the sound of closing app. Flash has no idea about already changed state.

This is bad thing about Maemo Flash Player implementation. Android solved this much better (interaction with flash on websites etc.);

There is also good news and this is actually reason why I am writing here, because that might give you some clue. In Full Screen mode keyboard is working!

Try to use keyboard on my little experiment in both states.
There is little text field showing keyKode

Now question comes to my mind. Is it possible for Flash Launcher to force Full Screen mode permanently? I have completely new plans for future of Flaemo. And for sure full screen will be the only allowed mode to keep consistency across many different OS'es and devices. For sure that solution will help me. It is almost impossible to work out many different permutation like OS Device, Web Browser, How much space taking surrounding elements etc. In Full Screen Mode I have whole space which is important in this case, even MicroB is getting rid of controls and working almost as well as Flash Launcher. Also when phone will go to normal state after inaction this is perfect event itself to freeze entire application to save a power.
But that's just my project. I can tweak stuff base on this behavior.

But any other external games, apps. Do you think would be possible to force full screen for them?

BTW: Good to see you guys again here

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by devu View Post
Now question comes to my mind. Is it possible for Flash Launcher to force Full Screen mode permanently?
We can certainly set it as default, I guess that would be enough ? My flash enthusiasm has lost it's edge recently, but flashlauncher's UI would go very well with QML so I intend to revamp that and expand the scope of flashlauncher so that it could be used as a custom launcher for whatever that needs specific setup (emulator games, etc).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
...My flash enthusiasm has lost it's edge recently...
Yea, I know what you mean, I just using flash 9 on maemo for extreme performance testing assuming if is gonna work ok here, will be everywhere. I know how sad its sounds referring to one of the most powerful devices on the market .. still heh... . The result of this probably will be flash 9 compatibility for some of the parts of the projects but is not my main focus anyway.

I don't care about flash 10.1 here anymore. I lost my hope in Nokia when I saw N-8 running flash 10.1 on bloody symbian on my own eyes after all this hype. Don't taking a **** is impossible to get this here.

Flash is moving forward and will get full GPU acceleration soon. All of devices Flash 10.1 capable are future proof in this area already (as long as your company let you update this).

And answering your question, yes. There is only one exception, using back button will destroy the effect of course.

Tags
flash, games, launcher, webkit