Notices

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by patocr View Post
is it me or... when is swipe it down, and don't recieve any msgs for a while, the app closes.
So after a while, when i open it again, it will do the full loading.
I have to left it open in the background apps (without swiping down) if i want i to to be really open.
Just me?
happens to me often

Originally Posted by patocr View Post
is it me or... when is swipe it down, and don't recieve any msgs for a while, the app closes.
So after a while, when i open it again, it will do the full loading.
I have to left it open in the background apps (without swiping down) if i want i to to be really open.
Just me?
same here! I guess the devs are still working on it

Originally Posted by super-hero View Post
Ok so i turned off my online services, as @godofwar suggested. 'was logged into Facebook, Skype and MSN chat..." and I reset my settings (Not factory reset) and and rebooted with a 30sec off time... and it dipped from almost 200mA to 90mA... just thought those steps might help others... seems to be that there are some services that steal spotlight without thinking about the phones life line
Yeah services like Skype and MSN will drain your battery if your very active on them.

Facebook not so much

Next step is to open X-term and type

Code:
Then have a look at what is stealing all of your CPU Lemme know what the top processes are and I will try to give some info on what to do next

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

@TGalal

Honestly my Wazapp just doesn't like running in the background, it keeps closing itself, meaning I get no messages until I manually open it and the Loading screen comes up.

When running from the terminal is runs fine and doesn't crash/close once!

Any suggestions other then the usual uninstall and reinstall stuff?

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Because no one force you to use it. Simple like that.
I for example wonder why is there Windows and why people not only use it, but pay for it.
OK, let's rephrase it. If you have time and resources to work on an open source mobile IM client, would it be worth helping to develop XMPP one? Especially since Peregrine development is halted, and they aren't working on audio/video (Jingle) calls now.

because when people send me a message I listed?

Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
OK, let's rephrase it. If you have time and resources to work on an open source mobile IM client, would it be worth helping to develop XMPP one? Especially since Peregrine development is halted, and they aren't working on audio/video (Jingle) calls now.
Whatsapp is XMPP

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Mine runs perfectly fine in the background, the only issues so far are:
-Under contacts, long 'status' still overlap the contact below.
-Time shown for messages received while the the App was down is always shown as current time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
Whatsapp is XMPP
Why is it called a proprietary then ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatsApp )

If it's XMPP, can you use the client to connect to any XMPP server and to communicate with other federated servers?

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
@TGalal

Honestly my Wazapp just doesn't like running in the background, it keeps closing itself, meaning I get no messages until I manually open it and the Loading screen comes up.

When running from the terminal is runs fine and doesn't crash/close once!

Any suggestions other then the usual uninstall and reinstall stuff?
I haven't used it much, but version 1.8 didn't have that problem, versions 2.5 and 2.6 do.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp