Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
What about an activity check on the call-ui process?

If it is consuming x% of CPU then ProfileMatic assumes a call is in progress?

This is assuming that Cal-ui uses a noticeable amount of CPU between Idle and In-call states.
Too hackish for my taste... there must be a better way. I found an API that maybe provides what's needed. Have to test it. If not, maybe there's some dbus interface for it.

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Too hackish for my taste... there must be a better way. I found an API that maybe provides what's needed. Have to test it. If not, maybe there's some dbus interface for it.
Hmmm, it is a tad on the bodge fix side yeah.

But if it all else fails it is at least something to fix it until a more suitable option becomes available.

Well there should be a dbus command/event that occurs when a phone call is made or received, and a dbus command/event when that call is ended.

Maybe listening in on the dbus and then calling somebody and hanging up, then finding out what command/event occurred when the phone call starts and ends

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Last edited by godofwar424; 2012-05-24 at 09:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Well there should be a dbus command/event that occurs when a phone call is made or received, and a dbus command/event when that call is ended.

Maybe listening in on the dbus and then calling somebody and hanging up, then finding out what command/event occurred when the phone call starts and ends
I also strongly suspect there's DBus messages flying around when calls happen. But I hope the API works, it would be much cleaner than trying to figure out the DBus API by monitoring messages.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
@ajalkane
I dont know if this is a profilematic bug. I have a rule which activates at 9.00 am and in the custom actions, I have put in the path to the "Wazapp" whatsapp client which was recently released.

When I clicked "test" , it launched wazapp application correctly , but I noticed that in the chats, the virtual keyboard does not come up if I click in the text input area. On the other hand, if I launch wazapp from the terminal using the same command as I input in Profilematic custom action, the keyboard comes up fine in the chat. !

Please let me know if you need any more help in debugging this one. Thanks for your great app.

Originally Posted by nokiac View Post
When I clicked "test" , it launched wazapp application correctly , but I noticed that in the chats, the virtual keyboard does not come up if I click in the text input area. On the other hand, if I launch wazapp from the terminal using the same command as I input in Profilematic custom action, the keyboard comes up fine in the chat. !
Hmm... that's really peculiar... Have you tried any other apps if they behave the same when launched from ProfileMatic?

Frankly I'm quite surprised at that, since what ProfileMatic does is just execute the command. No frills, no thrills. Just fire and forget.

This kind of points to, maybe, some environmental variables that not existing when launching from the ProfileMatic daemon. I'll have to ponder a bit about that, but if you can confirm the behaviour in other applications that'd be nice.

I also strongly suspect there's DBus messages flying around when calls happen. But I hope the API works, it would be much cleaner than trying to figure out the DBus API by monitoring messages.
Well looking forward to seeing if this works, feel free to pm me a beta to test if you want

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I think this was mentioned already, but somehow after a reboot profilematic always complains about credential files removed and that flight mode will not be affected by rules. Is there a workaround for it? (Reinstalling profilematic does not help). Would it help to install Profilematic with inception?

I have an app installed called "toggle flight mode" which works, so I thought Profilematic should be able to do so as well even without tricks like inception or am I wrong?

Originally Posted by naytsyrhc View Post
I think this was mentioned already, but somehow after a reboot profilematic always complains about credential files removed and that flight mode will not be affected by rules. Is there a workaround for it? (Reinstalling profilematic does not help). Would it help to install Profilematic with inception?
Installing with Inception should work, in theory. I haven't tried it myself yet, so I can't offer any assistance. Please provide some instructions if you get it working.

I have an app installed called "toggle flight mode" which works, so I thought Profilematic should be able to do so as well even without tricks like inception or am I wrong?
The difference is that ProfileMatic is a background task. In technical jargon, ProfileMatic requires credentials to run the background task as "user" and with the credentials needed to change flight mode. The Flight Mode toggle only needs the credentials to change flight mode. When I was fighting with the Aegis credentials I found it was hard to keep both of them reliably.

One workaround, besides Inception, may be to use ProfileMatic's "Custom action" to run the Flight Mode toggle application.

I could, perhaps, create a separate application with only the Flight Mode changing capabilities that ProfileMatic would call when flight mode was changed. That might, or not, retain the credentials better. But I have really low motivation to spend any time on fighting
the credential bug, as it will probably be fixed in PR1.3, thus wasting the time I'd use on it. Inception and open mode kernel are the only long term solutions, but we'll see when PR1.3 comes around.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Hmm... that's really peculiar... Have you tried any other apps if they behave the same when launched from ProfileMatic?

Frankly I'm quite surprised at that, since what ProfileMatic does is just execute the command. No frills, no thrills. Just fire and forget.

This kind of points to, maybe, some environmental variables that not existing when launching from the ProfileMatic daemon. I'll have to ponder a bit about that, but if you can confirm the behaviour in other applications that'd be nice.
I tried launching Kasvopus simularly using the "test" button in Profilematic and even with Kasvopus the virtual keyboard did not show up. So , may be we need environment variables set in there..I will also look around to see if I find anything.

Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by nokiac

Posted by ajalkane

Ok, I was able to solve this issue by creating a script in /home/user/bin

which looks like:

#!/bin/sh
QT_IM_MODULE=MInputContext export QT_IM_MODULE
/opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp/wazapp
Then, using this script as custom action, the keyboard came up correctly in chats in Wazapp .

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiac For This Useful Post: