Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by peppe78 View Post
Hi and Thanks Frals!

I Dont get my mms:ses anymore?
Only get the sms from my service provider to go to their site and insert Identification code and my phonenumber to see the mms!
Anybody got any idea whats wrong or how to figure it out?
(Finland DNA)
You probably need to contact DNA and tell them your phone is MMS capable

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
So i do this and i am searching all over the phone for the file log but i cant find it anywhere. any ideas on what to do next?
cp [THIS IS A SPACE] /tmp/fmms.log [THIS IS A SPACE] /home/user/MyDocs/

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
how do i build latest builds from the GIT pages or is this not possible mate/.??

been waiting for an update..cheers

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi frals
I test it again...

1) I sent 3 mms - two mms with eng text and 1 with hebrew text. All It's was sent without a problem. Other phone is received only 2 mms with eng. text and not received at all with the Hebrew text...

2) I received 3 mms - two mms with static pic and one with GIF pic. All It's was received without a problem :-) (GIF I see like static pic - no animated, it's ok)

3) I deleted all messages from fMMS application -> close the app -> disconnect from MMS APN.
And after this action, I looking into the: /home/user/.fmms/mms and /home/user/.fmms/sent and I see all messages, it's still not deleted....

I still have the problem with the size of pictures I receive... It's small (240x180)... :-( I don't know why...

I sent you the log file to your e-mail.
Thanks !

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
how do i build latest builds from the GIT pages or is this not possible mate/.??

been waiting for an update..cheers
Basically you can git clone it to your /opt/fmms/ directory, you'd probably need the git package from the repos to do this - or manually download the files and copy them to /opt/fmms/.

I'll try to get an updated release out tonight, just doing some regression testing atm.

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi frals
I test it again...

1) I sent 3 mms - two mms with eng text and 1 with hebrew text. All It's was sent without a problem. Other phone is received only 2 mms with eng. text and not received at all with the Hebrew text...

2) I received 3 mms - two mms with static pic and one with GIF pic. All It's was received without a problem :-) (GIF I see like static pic - no animated, it's ok)

3) I deleted all messages from fMMS application -> close the app -> disconnect from MMS APN.
And after this action, I looking into the: /home/user/.fmms/mms and /home/user/.fmms/sent and I see all messages, it's still not deleted....

I still have the problem with the size of pictures I receive... It's small (240x180)... :-( I don't know why...

I sent you the log file to your e-mail.
Thanks !
Still not sure what's wrong with hebrew, but I assume it's UTF8 issues in fMMS. I'll try to investigate.

See my previous reply regarding animated GIF

3). Embarassing, I thought I fixed but I didn't - it really should be fixed in the next version though (http://gitorious.org/fmms/fmms/commi...51245d5bac283c)

Regarding resized images, I'm afraid it most likely is your carriers fault

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Last edited by frals; 2010-04-07 at 20:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
0.6 release aka WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY CONNECTION?

Updated first post:
As of release 0.6 there is now multiple "connection modes" available:

* Polite (Default behavior <0.6): Only switch to MMS connection if no connection is active, otherwise do nothing (pretty much)
* Rude: Force a disconnect of the active connection regardless of what it is, connect to MMS APN and then reconnect to the old one.
* Havoc: Try to bring up a connection to the MMS APN in parallell with whatever is active, this is what most other phones do. Note that to get this functionality on the N900 there are a few ugly hacks active which might break stuff, but it *should* work

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Still not sure what's wrong with hebrew, but I assume it's UTF8 issues in fMMS. I'll try to investigate.

See my previous reply regarding animated GIF

3). Embarassing, I thought I fixed but I didn't - it really should be fixed in the next version though (http://gitorious.org/fmms/fmms/commi...51245d5bac283c)

Regarding resized images, I'm afraid it most likely is your carriers fault
Thanks frals ! We waiting for new update

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
Thanks for the update frals. I just tried sending out a mms and it went through the resize but then nothing happens. Just remains on the same new message that I did looking like it is ready to be sent. Not locked up or anything, just doesn't send and return to the main screen.

I tried connecting to TMO MMS to see if that changed anything and it had the same result.

Going to try rebooting to see if that helps.

hi there! where do i find the fmms application to download?

cp [THIS IS A SPACE] /tmp/fmms.log [THIS IS A SPACE] /home/user/MyDocs/
I have not been typing it with the 2nd space. When i do here is what i get

cp: cannot stat '/tmp/fmms.log': No such file or directory

Now when i type it with only the FIRST space like this
cp /tmp/fmms.log/home/user/MyDocs/

Here is what i get

Usage: cp [option]... SOURCE DEST

WHAT DO I DO NEXT?

Originally Posted by gregc2009 View Post
thanks for the update frals. I just tried sending out a mms and it went through the resize but then nothing happens. Just remains on the same new message that i did looking like it is ready to be sent. Not locked up or anything, just doesn't send and return to the main screen.

I tried connecting to tmo mms to see if that changed anything and it had the same result.

Going to try rebooting to see if that helps.
can you let me know if you fix this? I haev not been able to send mms messages since a downloaded this weeks ago but i receive with no prob.

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python