Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
@jalyst: radio fm on the n9 works wonderfully now: there is no hangups, microphone works good and resource policies do their duties very well and RDS infos are retrieved very fast.
Really? Zero issues/limitations now? I'm quite surprised by that if true.

If it's all working so well now, why not any shift towards focusing on FMTX?
(Maybe there has been, TBH I haven't been following the main thread for a while)

Last time jpedro was looking closely at it, he felt it was unlikely...
But he also couldn't say with certainty that it's impossible (N950 was ruled-out).

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-31 at 19:16. Reason: typo

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Problem solved. It had nothing to do with Sports Tracker or Bt hr belt. I had shake controls enabled, so that was stopping the radio. Athough I had to restart radio app to disable shake controls.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Z3tor For This Useful Post:
@ jalyst: I'm not saying it works 101%, but since everything evolves, right now what we have is more than enought.

Development talking, FM radio support has everything needed to make an application: listening to radio, managing freqs, seeking, retrieving rds, starting/stopping service.

@ jalyst: I'm not saying it works 101%, but since everything evolves, right now what we have is more than enought.

Development talking, FM radio support has everything needed to make an application: listening to radio, managing freqs, seeking, retrieving rds, starting/stopping service.
Has there been any renewed interest in completely ruling-out FMTX?
I haven't been following the main thread in ages, need to catch-up soon.
javispedro wasn't 100% sure last time I saw him look into it...
He needed a N9 before he could be sure that it's impossible/impractical.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-04-03 at 14:50. Reason: typo

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Really? Zero issues/limitations now? I'm quite surprised by that if true.
So well that there are a bunch of $2 applications in the Ovi Store that basically repackaged my daemon and are profiting from it.... makes one lose the will....

Originally Posted by Z3tor View Post
Problem solved. It had nothing to do with Sports Tracker or Bt hr belt. I had shake controls enabled, so that was stopping the radio. Athough I had to restart radio app to disable shake controls.
Glad to hear that the BT problem turned out not to be a problem

There might still be a problem with radio and BT handsfree devices, though. AD2P headphones work fine!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
So well that there are a bunch of $2 applications in the Ovi Store that basically repackaged my daemon and are profiting from it.... makes one lose the will....
I tought you had some accords with FM Radio since in its homepage you are in the list of the authors. If not, that would be really lame, in my opinion.

I know it isn't so much valuable, but you have my most sincere thanks for the Qt plugin, and this isn't an indirect way to push your updates because I think it already works wonderfully. I lost hours (yes, I know I have written it plenty of times) to make QRadio works decently and to find workarounds for all those QRadioTuner bugs, getting stressed to waste time for something which should have been working by itself. Sadly this tendence to have so many platform bugs which gets fixed slowly (if they get... I have an open bug tracker issue opened in March 2011 and still no asnwer...) is still up in Harmattan context, so having a QRadioTuner plugin working as it should is really a pleasure, so thank you again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
I tought you had some accords with FM Radio since in its homepage you are in the list of the authors. If not, that would be really lame, in my opinion
Hey yeah that's right, they did openly acknowledged javispedro.
So they're not in any sort of partnership with him? Wow that's pretty low

Surely Nokia Store could do something about that, how was your code licensed?
I can't recall if much of your work was based on existing openly licensed work...
Even if it was, they're also required to return any improvements to that code-base.
If they're not & there's further refinements, then surely you'd have a solid case for NS to remove them?

Have you looked closely at FMTX for the N9 again since you last looked at it 5mth+ ago at FMC?
Last time round you weren't 100% sure till you had a N9, I offered to send a spare but no response.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-04-03 at 19:51. Reason: typo

Have you looked closely at FMTX for the N9 again since you last looked at it 5mth+ ago at FMC?
No. But I would mostly forget about it -- a lot of people have AFAIK tried the usual things to no avail. The complete lack of antenna probably means it would need a (potentially trivial) hardware mod.

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
No. But I would mostly forget about it -- a lot of people have AFAIU tried to no avail.
I don't suppose you can point to where these other have analyzed it & presented their conclusive findings?

The complete lack of antenna probably means it would need a (potentially trivial) hardware mod.
*EDIT*
Oh I thought the need for a hw mod was itself still not entirely certain?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-04-03 at 19:58. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
So they're not in any sort of partnership with him? Wow that's pretty low
None. At least one of them did share the source... then stopped updating it. But my rants about the world are best put in another thread

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: