PDA

View Full Version : [ANNOUNCEMENT] Whatsup on Jolla [UPDATED 29-03-2016]

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

nodevel
2015-06-01, 13:45
I don't use Whatsup, but seeing how another app is going the "non-native UI" way, please have a look at these two apps:

Friends
Quickddit

Both have many more options than is needed for Whatsup, yet they both have an elegant and native solution.

On a related note, I know of two apps that had gone the same way as Whatsup (Sailimgur and the IRC client) and both are pretty much unusable for myself (not even talking about the aesthetics) and it is also absolutely unnecessary in both cases. If I didn't mind apps with non-standard UI controls, I wouldn't see why I couldn't choose an Android app in the first place.

It's just my opinion. I hope that more developers will look into native ways while searching for the solution to the 'too many options' problem. The combination of pulley menus and most importantly attached pages is crucial.

kibet85
2015-06-01, 14:18
cepi...a feature request,on the notifications...add an option to select all...when one wants to delete all notifications at one go...

itdoesntmatt
2015-06-01, 14:21
its already possible to cancel all notificaztion with pull down menu but i be'ieve you want to delete only all whatsup ones, dont you?

kibet85
2015-06-01, 14:34
yes...jus whatsup notifications in the app itself...

HtheB
2015-06-01, 14:49
When I try to download Beta3 I get error 404 from dropbox. Are the files down intentionally or can you please fix it, CepiPerez?

Can't wait to try it out! :D

New version will be out on OpenRepos very soon :)

Mikkosssss
2015-06-01, 15:04
I hope really soon as my whatsup just broke. :(

Edit: Okay reboot always fixes everything. I even killed whatsup and tried start many times but didint help. Anyways happy to see new smooth ui soon.

Thaodan
2015-06-01, 20:08
Fastscrool is system feature, it doesnt require developer implementation. In my application i have none of this problems, using latest unreleased sailfishos also.
CepiPerez, i can tell you what problem with your code if you describe it.

Which version is the update that cepi mentiored, is there an nda for this?

I thought its an application feature as I read the qml code of the messenger app.

Cepi do you have an idea whats the reason the voice message bug?

itdoesntmatt
2015-06-01, 20:13
what voice message bug? have you got a nexus 5?

joshinho
2015-06-01, 20:57
New version will be out on OpenRepos very soon :)

Great news! :)

Thaodan
2015-06-01, 20:59
what voice message bug? have you got a nexus 5?

That sometimes the voice note of the last person you made a voice message for the voice message of the person before gets.

itdoesntmatt
2015-06-01, 21:02
sorry i cant understand ,could you rephrase ?

Thaodan
2015-06-01, 22:15
When you send a voice message to person x and send a voice message to person y afterwards there's a chance that person y gets the message from person x.

EDIT: still happens, I think sending two voice message too the same person before sending one to an other triggers the bug.

Boxeri
2015-06-05, 17:00
Do others sometimes get a blank screen when clicking message notification? I am getting this behavior more and more. Killing and restarting whatsup always helps.

After getting the blank screen nothing else than restarting the application seems to help.

HtheB
2015-06-05, 17:54
Do others sometimes get a blank screen when clicking message notification? I am getting this behavior more and more. Killing and restarting whatsup always helps.

After getting the blank screen nothing else than restarting the application seems to help.

CepiPerez is aware of this bug, he is still investigating why this is happening

CepiPerez
2015-06-06, 03:10
I'm aware but I can't reproduce.
Can you tell me when does it happens?
Did you swipe down?
Is another chat opened when this happened?

Boxeri
2015-06-06, 04:17
Did you swipe down?

Reproducing it is difficult. It does not happen everytime.

Last time it happened I had no other apps running, phone had been idle. I receive message and swipe up to get to notifications. I click whatsup notification and it shows only the glass effect background, nothing else. However, whatsup is loaded since I can long press on the screen and get input and also can awake the drop down menu from top and bottom. Noticed this because I once managed to delete conversation history...

After this happens there seems no other way out of it than restarting whatsup. You can swipe it down and click whatsup open again, bit you still get to same screen.

Could there bee something in the logs?

Thaodan
2015-06-06, 23:05
Did you swipe down?

Do you got any success on the voice message bug? its a bit awkward to tell people a voice message wasn't for them.

Thaodan
2015-06-08, 13:16
since the new preview update the notification icon is wrong.

carepack
2015-06-08, 13:42

edit: new sailfish version

HtheB
2015-06-08, 13:59

Thats a Sailfish OS problem.

coderus
2015-06-08, 14:01

I have no any notification icon problems with mitakuuluu, so i don't think so ;)

caprico
2015-06-08, 14:42
Great update. I like the UI a lot! Everything is well-arraged and the app is a joy to use :-) The extended-settings sidemenu makes sense to me and I prefer it over long pulley menus. Pulley menus are still used where it makes sense (options in conversations).

Thank you guys, this is a fantastic & beautiful piece of software, I'll donate soon =)

Thaodan
2015-06-08, 14:51

and which?

carepack
2015-06-08, 15:18
Great update. I like the UI a lot! Everything is well-arraged and the app is a joy to use :-) The extended-settings sidemenu makes sense to me and I prefer it over long pulley menus. Pulley menus are still used where it makes sense (options in conversations).

Thank you guys, this is a fantastic & beautiful piece of software, I'll donate soon =)

where is an updated version?

edit:
was irritated because of the version number which is still 0.1-4 like last released version. In the app itself is 0.1-5. So it's clear now

caprico
2015-06-08, 15:50
where is an updated version?

First page, Dropbox link :)

Saurus
2015-06-08, 16:11
0.1-4 is still the newest version?

cvp
2015-06-09, 08:37
i try today the 0.1-4, looks very nice!, but the app disconnect ofthen. i think i go back to 0.1-3 and wait for a new version.

CepiPerez
2015-06-10, 04:34
I have no any notification icon problems with mitakuuluu, so i don't think so ;)
Notification picture is missing. Using default icon works but it doesn't show profile pictures anymore

mdosch
2015-06-10, 16:12
I have a bug when writing a long message.

- Send on enter is not active (I like the possibility to make paragraphs)
- Write a long message
- After a certain length the message is displayed over the send button
- If trying to press the send button the cursor is placed in the messages part which is displayed over send button

Workaround:
- Go to settings and activate send on enter (messages didn't get lost when I had this behaviour and left the conversation window).
- Go back in conversation and send by button on keyboard

Happend in 0.1-4, didn't checked if it also happens in earlier versions.

phillow
2015-06-10, 16:25
Same here.

foufoutos
2015-06-10, 18:02
take 0.1-5
https://t.co/hvbR6VZezq

Saurus
2015-06-10, 19:23
The link seems not to work anymore. I get error message from Dropbox when trying to open it.

foufoutos
2015-06-10, 19:26
author deleted not me :-/

Saurus
2015-06-10, 19:39
"We ban shared links when they're responsible for unusually large amounts of traffic, or when they violate our Acceptable Use Policy"
-Dropbox

:(

jolla-pirate
2015-06-10, 19:40

Same here!

szopin
2015-06-10, 19:42
"We ban shared links when they're responsible for unusually large amounts of traffic, or when they violate our Acceptable Use Policy"
-Dropbox

:(

mega? they like high volume links

aaand, holly wow, sailfish users responsible for huge amounts of traffic? wow

CepiPerez
2015-06-10, 19:45
I've removed it, cause it was not ready
Please try again:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a0dy6zho06rrpl/whatsup-0.1-5.armv7hl.rpm?dl=1

HtheB
2015-06-10, 23:30
I've removed it, cause it was not ready
Please try again:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6a0dy6zho06rrpl/whatsup-0.1-5.armv7hl.rpm?dl=1

updated first post

itdoesntmatt
2015-06-11, 15:01
just tryed o.15. i like the reorganizing of menu, and i think it recall the button on stock browser. A suggestion : if you want to make it more sailfish like, why don't put that menu swiping left? after contact and conversation it could be settings menu! similar to mitakuluu as concept but more beautiful as menu.

foufoutos
2015-06-13, 00:16
lock the phone and dc 70% of the times 0.1-5

HtheB
2015-06-13, 00:36
lock the phone and dc 70% of the times 0.1-5

which fw are you on?

foufoutos
2015-06-13, 01:19
1.1.4.29 bro

baboo
2015-06-13, 21:06
I have a question for @Cepi .In the harmattan version i remember that we had an option to sync photos of contacts in whatsup into the contacts every where and not only whatsup.Is that possible in sailfish as well?

CepiPerez
2015-06-14, 00:03
Sailfish version sync pictures when you sync contacts.
Anyways, this is not need since whatsup sycns all contacts, including not in phone book ones. It's for prevent a possible ban from whatsapp.

baboo
2015-06-14, 01:30
Sailfish version sync pictures when you sync contacts.
Anyways, this is not need since whatsup sycns all contacts, including not in phone book ones. It's for prevent a possible ban from whatsapp.
okay i guess you didn't get me right.what i meant is that the avatars of the contacts will be the same as those profile photos of whatsapp contacts,and updated as people update theirs on sync.i did not mean sync contacts individually.For example i remember that for each contact there was an option from whatsup to put that same displayed photo in phone book of phone(contacts app).i dont know if this is related to the syncing of all contacts and banning though

ps: that was on the old versions before you restarted development again

kibet85
2015-06-14, 21:23
hi,...all of a sudden ,whatsup crashed and when i try to re register,i get registration error,server response was bad param,

snowman74
2015-06-16, 01:47
Guys anybody has found a good way to hear the voice notes I installed several libs without any success.

itdoesntmatt
2015-06-16, 06:31
install ultimate code from openrepos~

SKyd3R
2015-06-16, 09:01
Sometimes I'm not able to access to whatsup from a notification. This really break the app, I have to close it by killing the process.

Is there any solution?

Thanks for all the work done in the project.

junnuvi
2015-06-16, 09:54
Sometimes I'm not able to access to whatsup from a notification. This really break the app, I have to close it by killing the process.

Is there any solution?

I had similar issue. Application just does not show anything when it get stuck. It seems like this is something to do with screen orientation. With fixed portrait mode I haven't be able to reproduce issue.

snowman74
2015-06-16, 14:06
install ultimate code from openrepos~

Thjanks dude you rock now I have everything I need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

HtheB
2015-06-16, 21:24

Is there any solution?

Thanks for all the work done in the project.

Which version do you have installed?

explit
2015-06-17, 18:05
Thank Cepi for 0.1-7 in the OpenRepos. 1 small bug: The About Page still show 0-1.5

Thaodan
2015-06-17, 18:17
would be nice there was a changelog.

DrYak
2015-06-18, 09:44
Thanks, it works great!

I missed WhatsApp since mojoWhatsup stoped working on my WebOS.

Questions:

- Where are the data of Whatsup stored ?
I would like to transfer my old message from mojoWhatsup's sqlite3 .db file to whatever Whatsup uses.

- Where is the source published ?
Obviously not on GitHub any more given the tendency of WhatsApp to whack DMCAs on anyone publishing interoperable code...

emgaron
2015-06-18, 10:20

Does that mean that in whatsup I have no control over which contacts I make accessible to WhatsApp just like in their official app? :( Pity - that would be such a killer feature IMO.

0312birdzhang
2015-06-18, 11:40
Where can i help translate it ?:)

Jordi
2015-06-18, 12:58
Where can i help translate it ?:)

Here: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whatsup-sailfish/

Schturman
2015-06-18, 15:17
Can someone explain how to switch from android whatsapp client without troubles ?
And is it possible to import db (chats, groups etc..) from android whatsapp client ?
Thanks

DrYak
2015-06-18, 17:22
- Where are the data of Whatsup stored ?
I would like to transfer my old message from mojoWhatsup's sqlite3 .db file to whatever Whatsup uses.

And is it possible to import db (chats, groups etc..) from android whatsapp client ?

Okay, I noticed (lsof) that whatup stores its messages inside "~/.whatsup/{phonenumber}.db".
But I'll need to make sense of the schema
CREATE TABLE messages (timestamp integer, status integer, content text, key text,type integer, media_id integer, media text, conversation_jid text, author text, delivered text,readed text, count integet, comment text);
before I can write an importer.

I'll probably need some (read-) access to the source.

@Cepi, where can I find your source, please ?
I need to understand the format/content of these columns.

I'd like to write an importer, at least for my self and mojoWhatup, and maybe a starting point for official WhatsApp.

djcrash1981
2015-06-19, 00:10
Hi All,

Cepi once again great, great job I missed your app, It works great on the Nexus 5.

Schturman
2015-06-19, 06:45
Can someone explain how to switch from android whatsapp client without troubles ?
Thanks
Doesn't matter, already installed and started to use without starting of Android whatsapp..
Thanks Cepi! Work very good.
A little question, can you add additional window to the "forward" option? For now it show two windows (contacts and groups), maybe you can add also the conversations window, it will take less time to find the needed contact.
Thanks.

Mikkosssss
2015-06-19, 07:50
Doesn't matter, already installed and started to use without starting of Android whatsapp..
Thanks Cepi! Work very good.
A little question, can you add additional window to the "forward" option? For now it show two windows (contacts and groups), maybe you can add also the conversations window, it will take less time to find the needed contact.
Thanks.

"Groups" window is conversations. :p

Schturman
2015-06-19, 08:10
"Groups" window is conversations. :p
No... this window show only groups, I mean window like "conversations" where you can see active groups and contacts that you already spoke with them. Same functionality like in android whatsapp.

HtheB
2015-06-19, 08:42
No... this window show only groups, I mean window like "conversations" where you can see active groups and contacts that you already spoke with them. Same functionality like in android whatsapp.

What do you mean?
The conversations list already shows all chats.... :confused:

Schturman
2015-06-19, 09:13
What do you mean?
The conversations list already shows all chats.... :confused:
Ok.. I will try to explain again...
Go to chat with one of your contacts -> long press on the one of messages -> choose "forward" -> choose "Share with:" -> and here you will see two windows:
1. Contacts list
2. Groups

I mean adding window #3 "Conversations" where you can see all ACTIVE chats and groups instead to search specific contact in window #1 especially if your contacts list is long.
This way work android forward option and I think it very convenient ;)

Yeum
2015-06-19, 09:13
So, I just installed this. Nice to have a native client, but a few caveats:

1) Is it possible to archive conversations/chats? (eg. remove from the active conversation list without deleting them completely)

2)Any line breaks (enter) i put into my messages are not transmitted for some reason. Is this a bug, or a "feature?"
(Edit: Ok, noticed this only happens when I try to circumvent the below issue and have "send on enter" turned on. If it's off and you send by pressing the send button, line breaks are included in the message, as they should).

3)Likewise, if I have "send on enter" turned off, and write a really long message, the "send message" button gets scrolled past the top of the screen, and thus I can't send the message at all (without going into settings and turning on "send message on enter") due to the send button being off-screen on the GUI.

...And If I try to circumvent that problem & click on the message window to turn off the keyboard & be able to scroll the message list, the "send" button frustratingly changes into the microphone button... :D

And lastly, something less critical, It would be nice if there'd be an option to chose the size of inline-displayed image thumbnails (eg. small-medium-arge). Coming from the default android client, the current one feels a bit small in comparsion - you always have to separately open images in order to make out anything of them.

droll
2015-06-20, 06:28
btw, does anyone notice that when you start typing and switching chat windows quite a bit, Whatsup seems to slow to a pause?

Schturman
2015-06-20, 15:37
it's only me or it's known issue ? I can't send video that I did from stock camera. When app opens list of available videos, I can't see my videos.. I see only videos that I got from other people in whatsapp...

phillow
2015-06-20, 16:11
Working here.

Schturman
2015-06-20, 16:21
Working here.
very strange... for me it not show just now recorded video.
Alredy tried to quit and start whatsup again, but still can't see recorded video.

rooster13
2015-06-20, 17:08
I can't also send video taken with Jolla camera.

willi6868
2015-06-20, 17:40
I am not sure but if I remember it correct cepi already told several times that you are unable to send videos bigger than 40Mb with Whats**p protocol.

phillow
2015-06-20, 17:58
That must be the reason. Small videos are shown in the app, bigger not.

Schturman
2015-06-20, 18:09
I am not sure but if I remember it correct cepi already told several times that you are unable to send videos bigger than 40Mb with Whats**p protocol.
Ahhh ok... It should be on the first post ;)
Now I did a small test. Recorded small video (15mb). Now whatsup can recognize this and add this. But it can't send it... It show me "Sending" and when it finish, message show me "Retry"... This on my home network (wifi). On 3g when I press on "Retry" it just show me "Queued" and don't do nothing... :(

Schturman
2015-06-20, 21:05
Ok, I did some tests..
1. app CAN'T see more than 15mb.
2. like I said before even 15mb recorded with stock camera, whatsup app is didn't sent. Don't know why...
3. Found a way (it's ugly way) how to send. I downloaded MediaConverter and codec for this app from Google play. And converted recorded video to 3gp format. From 46mb I got 11mb and whatsup sent this video without any problem.

HtheB
2015-06-20, 21:18
3. Found a way (it's ugly way) how to send. I downloaded MediaConverter and codec for this app from Google play. And converted recorded video to 3gp format. From 46mb I got 11mb and whatsup sent this video without any problem.

That is what I always do with videos :)

By the way, the same MB limits are also on Harmattan version as well

Schturman
2015-06-20, 22:20
Sad... Maybe we should offer developers to add new option in the camera setting for changing recording format ? (mp4,avi, 3gp...)

P.S. Vote on TJC: https://together.jolla.com/question/96857/request-additional-recording-format-in-the-camera-app/

Schturman
2015-06-21, 06:19
I have another question. Why whatsapp app automatically take the online nickname instead real name of contact?
For example I linked facebook contact to the real contact in the phone and him facebook name appears under "nickname". Now when whatsapp sync my contacts, it automatically take this facebook name instead real name and you can't change it..

P.S. also it have a little problem with right-to-left languages... see pic (text and emoji is mixed).

Schturman
2015-06-21, 19:06
Noticed about another little problem.. Sometimes whatsup is closed from background process. And when I start app again I get many messages that my friends sent to me when whatsup was completely closed :/

TMavica
2015-06-22, 03:44
Noticed about another little problem.. Sometimes whatsup is closed from background process. And when I start app again I get many messages that my friends sent to me when whatsup was completely closed :/

do u think it is caused memory killer? Jolla got this feature if low memory

Schturman
2015-06-22, 04:55
do u think it is caused memory killer? Jolla got this feature if low memory
Yep, maybe... but whatsup can continue to work without opened cover/ui on homescreen. It happened to me many times when killer is killed whatsup, but it still work in background and I can receive messages.
And in this case it completely closed and I don't know if by memory killer or not...

baboo
2015-06-22, 08:59
this always happens with me when im low in memory

vistaus
2015-06-22, 10:40
I have that too sometimes. But I don't think it's due to being low on memory 'cause I hardly open any other apps than Whatsup :/

Schturman
2015-06-23, 06:54
It's only me or gallery window for choosing images/videos is taking ages to be opened? (with notification "Whatsup is not responding")

vistaus
2015-06-23, 10:33
It's only me or gallery window for choosing images/videos is taking ages to be opened? (with notification "Whatsup is not responding")

No problem over here.

Schturman
2015-06-23, 11:54
No problem over here.
any suggestions what I can do to fix this lagg?

CepiPerez
2015-06-23, 12:16
@Schturman:
Video size limit is 16MB, but maybe server rejects some videos (I can't confirm without logfiles)

Gallery works even better than meego version.
How much pictures do you have in gallery?

Schturman
2015-06-23, 13:10
@Schturman:
Video size limit is 16MB, but maybe server rejects some videos (I can't confirm without logfiles)

Gallery works even better than meego version.
How much pictures do you have in gallery?
Hi Cepi.
I tested with some vodeos (16MB+) but without result. 15MB+ work, app can see it but can't send it if video recorded with stock camera.

About lagging - I have something like 10GB pictures and 1GB videos and all of them on ext. SD card.
And I always get lagging with notification "Whatsup is not responding" when I want to send video or pic. It takes about 15-20 sec :(

droll
2015-06-24, 04:57
it's not just images causing lag. when I get chat messages and have to switch between chatting with different friends, whatsup also lags. and yes, I do see the "whatsup is not responding" message appear too.

it's a daily affair and it happens quite frequently. easy to reproduce on my side.

droll
2015-06-24, 05:04
btw, where are the messages stored? in a SQLite db (which folder / file name)?

[Edit]nvm, I found it.

Schturman
2015-06-25, 01:02
What new in version 0.1-8 ?

vistaus
2015-06-25, 10:32
It's always a joy to find out that a dev doesn't post a changelog, even if it's a compact changelog... [/sarcasm]

MacManus
2015-06-25, 12:56
Hi, sometimes i got problems with whatsup so that i got a blank display if i start whatsup. If i close the app now, and restart it, i still got this blank display (i think its because the daemon is still running). So i could only restart the phone.
Is there a way (via terminal) to restart or stop the whatsup daemon?

HtheB
2015-06-25, 12:58
Hi, sometimes i got problems with whatsup so that i got a blank display if i start whatsup. If i close the app now, and restart it, i still got this blank display (i think its because the daemon is still running). So i could only restart the phone.
just type in the terminal:
killall whatsup

Have you installed the latest version from the OpenRepos yet?

rooster13
2015-06-25, 12:58

try killall whatsupor get the PID of the process with ps -ef | grep whatsup then kill the PID

MacManus
2015-06-25, 13:06
thanks - great - and jep, i have installed the latest version

peter-berlin
2015-06-25, 16:13
At the beginning I used whatsapp and it worked, then I changed to mitakuuluu and it also worked.

I uninstalled mitakuuluu and after this I installed whatsup - now I'm banned.

After registering (whatsup) I got the whatsapp code via SMS, but I had no way to enter it somewhere. After that whatsup has tried to connect and I got the status: Error - continues to be a message: (my number) is no longer approved for our service.

I tried several things: uninstall whatsup, shutdown the phone, new installation of whatsup, but nothing helps.

I hope someone can help me and give a step-by-step instructions to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

HtheB
2015-06-25, 16:15
At the beginning I used whatsapp and it worked, then I changed to mitakuuluu and it also worked.

I uninstalled mitakuuluu and after this I installed whatsup - now I'm banned.

After registering (whatsup) I got the whatsapp code via SMS, but I had no way to enter it somewhere. After that whatsup has tried to connect and I got the status: Error - continues to be a message: (my number) is no longer approved for our service.

I tried several things: uninstall whatsup, shutdown the phone, new installation of whatsup, but nothing helps.

I hope someone can help me and give a step-by-step instructions to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

your only solution is to mail support of whatsapp, but DO NOT even mention about whatsup or mitakuuluu, or else you will be banned for life :)

peter-berlin
2015-06-25, 16:35
your only solution is to mail support of whatsapp, but DO NOT even mention about whatsup or mitakuuluu, or else you will be banned for life :)

Thanks for the quick answer.

I've done it with subsequent text yesterday.
After a software update I had to reinstall WhatsApp. Now I receive the error message: "... is no longer approved for our service". What happened and what can I do???

WhatsApp Support wrote:
Thanks for contacting WhatsApp. We are working on answering everyone's question as soon as possible. In the meantime, please look at our FAQ to see if your question is answered there.

So I think I have to wait and see what happens... :confused: :mad:

Schturman
2015-06-25, 16:38
you also can try to register again with android whatsapp, then close app, then check if it run in background and if yes, kill it. After this try whatsup again.

HtheB
2015-06-25, 17:19
you also can try to register again with android whatsapp, then close app, then check if it run in background and if yes, kill it. After this try whatsup again.
that is not gonna work... believe me

Schturman
2015-06-25, 17:25
Don't now, maybe not.. It worked for me once when banned with mitakuuluu.

Saurus
2015-06-25, 22:00
Is it maybe only on me but when availablity is set to "automatic" other people in group chat can't see when I'm typing a message. Sometimes they can't see it even if availablity is set to "always online". Is it kown bug?

Saurus
2015-06-25, 22:08
Thanks for the quick answer.

I've done it with subsequent text yesterday.
After a software update I had to reinstall WhatsApp. Now I receive the error message: "... is no longer approved for our service". What happened and what can I do???

WhatsApp Support wrote:
Thanks for contacting WhatsApp. We are working on answering everyone's question as soon as possible. In the meantime, please look at our FAQ to see if your question is answered there.

So I think I have to wait and see what happens... :confused: :mad:
Note that you have to send that email straight from WhaysApp appliction. So: Install android WhatsApp. In app there is somewhere button "contact support with email". You have to press that and then write your email (where you say you have never used any unofficial whatsapp client and you are very confused). Because if you just send email from your Email app or browser, they will never answer or unban you.
:)

Makeclick
2015-06-26, 06:33
:D
http://s.quickmeme.com/img/67/672372b2343eec0e9e8bc40f04df542f30df9c4970f15f3b0f 1987a9338c835d.jpg

Hope, they do not start ban us again...

peter-berlin
2015-06-26, 08:07
Note that you have to send that email straight from WhaysApp appliction. So: Install android WhatsApp. In app there is somewhere button "contact support with email". You have to press that and then write your email (where you say you have never used any unofficial whatsapp client and you are very confused). Because if you just send email from your Email app or browser, they will never answer or unban you.
:)

In my case it is impossible to send a message from whatsapp appliction. I got the message: "it seems that you have no email client on this device"

Saurus
2015-06-26, 09:21
In my case it is impossible to send a message from whatsapp appliction. I got the message: "it seems that you have no email client on this device"

Are you using Jolla phone? If possible, try sending mail with other phone. When I was banned, Jolla didn't have Android email support yet, so I sent that mail by my Windows Phone (and told I was banned when I was switching to WP from Android ;) )

peter-berlin
2015-06-26, 12:16
Are you using Jolla phone? If possible, try sending mail with other phone. When I was banned, Jolla didn't have Android email support yet, so I sent that mail by my Windows Phone (and told I was banned when I was switching to WP from Android ;) )

I only have my JOLLA...

HtheB
2015-06-26, 13:40
I only have my JOLLA...

Got no friends/familie? :eek:
http://archivo.e-consulta.com/blogs/geeks/wp-content/uploads/imagenes-de-forever-alone-Forever_Alone.png

Schturman
2015-06-26, 17:59
Bug or normal behavior ?
When I forwarding message for example to 2-3 people, app creates broadcast list with this peoples. Message delivered to all this contact, but it not showing this message in the private chats with this contacts.
Sometimes when this persons answers me after some time, I don't understand for what this answer because can't see my message before.

HtheB
2015-06-26, 20:08
Bug or normal behavior ?
When I forwarding message for example to 2-3 people, app creates broadcast list with this peoples. Message delivered to all this contact, but it not showing this message in the private chats with this contacts.
Sometimes when this persons answers me after some time, I don't understand for what this answer because can't see my message before.

Normal behavior, this is also like this in the official client. (It's to prevent getting banned)

Schturman
2015-06-26, 20:54
Normal behavior, this is also like this in the official client.
Not agree... in off client when you send message to a few people via broadcast, after this if you will open private chats with this people one by one, you will see your message...
But if you say it's to prevent getting banned, I get it..

uggeli
2015-06-26, 21:23
I only have my JOLLA...

Just install K-9 Mail from F-Droid or some other android app store and setup your email account there. Android version of WhatsApp will recognize this and you are able to send e-mail with automated attachments with this method (used myself with similar situation with mitakuuluu2). Hopefully this helps you.

peter-berlin
2015-06-27, 12:48
Just install K-9 Mail from F-Droid or some other android app store and setup your email account there. Android version of WhatsApp will recognize this and you are able to send e-mail with automated attachments with this method (used myself with similar situation with mitakuuluu2). Hopefully this helps you.

Thanks a lot for the great tip with the k-9. I got a mail from whatsapp with (un)usefull tips and I answered that this tips won't solve the problem. After that I received no answer...

Can anyone tell me, if there is an answer of WhatsApp for the new activation and how long it takes?

explit
2015-06-27, 15:19
I only have my JOLLA...

I'm also in Berlin, Peter. I can help you with your Whatsapp problem...

HtheB
2015-06-27, 15:44
Thanks a lot for the great tip with the k-9. I got a mail from whatsapp with (un)usefull tips and I answered that this tips won't solve the problem. After that I received no answer...

Can anyone tell me, if there is an answer of WhatsApp for the new activation and how long it takes?

The mail that you get is just some confirmation. You need to wait for a reply now... usually takes like 4-5 days :(

Saurus
2015-06-27, 16:26

Ehm... Did you write your phone number in that mail? I think it doesn't need anything else... So, just wait few days

malerocks
2015-06-29, 04:21
Hi Cepi,

In the other app that you have released (filecase) it is possible to directly save files downloaded from the cloud drives to the phones SD card. Can you implement something similar in whatsapp i.e. all media received gets saved to SD card if present?

PatsJolla
2015-07-01, 10:09

You need to use an android mail client. Since the app looks only for an android mail account.
I used K9 mail to contact Whatsapp when I was banned. make sure to always start the request from the whatsapp client so they can see you are really using the official client.

Edit

You need to stay persistent (hartnäckig) go on writing them through the client till they answer you. I wrote an TLC thread about how to get unblocked. You can use the same approach to get your problem fixed, maybe.
here is the link:
https://together.jolla.com/question/63228/howto-getting-unblocked-in-whatsapp/

Kake41
2015-07-01, 12:05
Got banned just a few minutes ago.

late88
2015-07-01, 14:22
Got banned just a few minutes ago.

Is that with the latest version 0.1-9? I somehow was convinced that it is nearly impossible to detect this client as unofficial. Did you do anything special that you got caught?

deiv
2015-07-01, 14:37
I was convinced too!
Cepi could you explain me how whatsapp finds, and then ban, those who use unofficial applications?
How whatsup, and/or the other applications, prevents to being found?
Thank you very much!

carmenluci
2015-07-01, 14:42
I have an issue with 'Contacts': I can't see all my Whatsapp contacts, it's missed some of them. Anybody has this issue?

Kake41
2015-07-01, 15:07
Is that with the latest version 0.1-9? I somehow was convinced that it is nearly impossible to detect this client as unofficial. Did you do anything special that you got caught?
I was chatting with my friend when suddenly Whatsup lost connection and tried to reconncect back but failed every time. Then I uninstalled Whatsup and installed Android Whatsapp. I got the notification "This number is not allowed..." I've contacted the support.
Että vituiks män... :D

TMavica
2015-07-01, 15:31
I was chatting with my friend when suddenly Whatsup lost connection and tried to reconncect back but failed every time. Then I uninstalled Whatsup and installed Android Whatsapp. I got the notification "This number is not allowed..." I've contacted the support.

have you keep the log file after exit?

Kake41
2015-07-01, 15:42
have you keep the log file after exit?
Where is the log file stored..?
I may have already deleted everything related to Whatsup.

TMavica
2015-07-01, 15:43
Where is the log file stored..?
I may have already deleted everything related to Whatsup.

/home/nemo/whatsup-log.txt
whatsup-previous-log.txt

CepiPerez
2015-07-01, 16:46
I was convinced too!
Cepi could you explain me how whatsapp finds, and then ban, those who use unofficial applications?
How whatsup, and/or the other applications, prevents to being found?
Thank you very much!
Why could I know how whatsapp detect us?
I'm trying to keep everything updated to official s40 client, and it seems it working fine. I'm using 4 accounts (of course not all by me) and 3 of them has more than 2 years.

Maybe people migrating from android client forgot to close that client before start whatsup for first time, maybe they talk to contacts not in phonebook before sync, maybe they noticed wrong in code and I'm missing it...

Kake41
2015-07-01, 16:54
I have the log files but I am not willing to send them because they contain phone numbers. What's important with the logs, what can I look for?

HtheB
2015-07-01, 18:40
I have the log files but I am not willing to send them because they contain phone numbers. What's important with the logs, what can I look for?

You share your contacts with the biggest shitty company of the world, but not sending a logfile for help to the innocent awesome developer of Whatsup...???

*facepalm*

HtheB
2015-07-01, 18:41
Be aware guys, i got banned as well. I think that the reason was that I turned on both of my clients on (Jolla and Harmattan)

Kake41
2015-07-01, 19:31
Well.. Whatever...
We are busted.

mrsellout
2015-07-01, 21:47
Did you reboot after uninstalling Whatsup?

Isn't it possible that the Whatsup daemon was still connected in some funky state, then when you installed AWhatsapp, you made a second connection and they banned you?

HtheB
2015-07-01, 22:01
Did you reboot after uninstalling Whatsup?

Isn't it possible that the Whatsup daemon was still connected in some funky state, then when you installed AWhatsapp, you made a second connection and they banned you?

Neh, the reason why his connection went gone, was because he got already banned

Schturman
2015-07-02, 02:59
It possible.... When I installed Whatsup, I tracked a little bit for AWhatsapp and found once it run (com.whatsapp) in the background without opened app on the homescreen... It's happened after lipstick restart or homescreen crash (red/green blinking led) don't remember now.. I immediately killed this process and not banned :) After this I just uninstalled official whatsapp to prevent banning..
But now I returned to use official whatsapp because of laggs when you want to send image... :/

Kake41
2015-07-02, 10:32
Lol, got unbanned today after sending the nonsense-logfiles and some screenshots. What is this sh**...

https://static.ylilauta.org/files/3i/thumb/y9v3b1wm.jpg

peter-berlin
2015-07-02, 10:39
Lol, got unbanned today after sending the nonsense-logfiles and some screenshots. What is this sh**...

same to me :D - now I am using the original wahtsapp :mad:

Kake41
2015-07-02, 10:48
same to me :D - now I am using the original wahtsapp :mad:
The Anroid version feels stupid to use after having used Whatsup for a while...

peter-berlin
2015-07-02, 10:58
The Anroid version feels stupid to use after having used Whatsup for a while...

Yes, but it seems at the moment to be no other way to use WhatsApp hassle free.:rolleyes:

HtheB
2015-07-02, 11:29

https://static.ylilauta.org/files/3i/thumb/y9v3b1wm.jpg

I've did the same, but this was their reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Your WhatsApp account has been banned because your activity on WhatsApp is in violation of our Terms of Service.

We cannot comment on the individual reasons that have led to your account ban. However, the following actions provide examples of activity that will result in an account becoming banned:
Sending ads or any other form of commercial solicitation.
Sending spam or unsolicited messages.
Submitting content (in status, profile pictures or messages) that is in violation of our terms of service such as unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or any other inappropriate material.
Being annoying to other users.
Being a repeat infringer.
Using an automated system or an unauthorized / unofficial application to send messages through WhatsApp.

Please review our Terms of Service to learn more about the appropriate uses of WhatsApp.

We currently do not have a repeal process in place for unbanning your account.

You can also read this FAQ article for more information on banned accounts: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/23154266

Georgia

WhatsApp Support Team

Kake41
2015-07-02, 12:24
I've did the same, but this was their reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Your WhatsApp account has been banned because your activity on WhatsApp is in violation of our Terms of Service.

We cannot comment on the individual reasons that have led to your account ban. However, the following actions provide examples of activity that will result in an account becoming banned:
Sending ads or any other form of commercial solicitation.
Sending spam or unsolicited messages.
Submitting content (in status, profile pictures or messages) that is in violation of our terms of service such as unlawful, obscene, threatening, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or any other inappropriate material.
Being annoying to other users.
Being a repeat infringer.
Using an automated system or an unauthorized / unofficial application to send messages through WhatsApp.

Please review our Terms of Service to learn more about the appropriate uses of WhatsApp.

We currently do not have a repeal process in place for unbanning your account.

You can also read this FAQ article for more information on banned accounts: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/23154266

Georgia

WhatsApp Support Team

That's odd.

I've received this kind of message:

Hei,
ja kiitos viestistäsi. It appears that you are using an unauthorized application of WhatsApp. Unauthorized applications are not supported; they contain source code which WhatsApp can not guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version from:

[www.whatsapp.com/download](www.whatsapp.com/download)

**After installing the authorized version, please reply to this email with a screenshot or an image of your screen from inside the app.**

You can refer to your phone's user manual for detail steps of taking screenshots on your device.

Please note WhatsApp only works on smartphones, non-telephony devices including tablets are not supported.

Georgia

WhatsAppin tukitiimi

Tutustu UKK-sivuumme: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/

The same "Georgia". Well, in my case the message doesn't say that I've been unbanned but after I had read the email, I tried to register to Android Whatsapp and it worked!

peter-berlin
2015-07-02, 14:49
The same "Georgia". Well, in my case the message doesn't say that I've been unbanned but after I had read the email, I tried to register to Android Whatsapp and it worked!

just as I have done it :)

Makeclick
2015-07-02, 16:03
Should someone but more effort to the Jollagram? I started to hate Whatsupp very much (not banned yet ;) )

I hold on with the Whatsupp until they ban me!
http://dhuha.blog.com/files/2011/03/gambaru.jpg

What if, devs send some invite to whatsapp to read or make code together (in my dream right XD). Or They can use it to make official version..

BlazingBird
2015-07-02, 17:25
Recently we saw teaser of SailorGram. Im sure that app will have some potential and a deserving Telegram client.

Saurus
2015-07-02, 20:14
I won't leave WhatsApp as all my friends and family are there... Not banned yet. May I be banned when just using whatsup? Im not switching between Android WA or any other clients... I would prefer not to get banned, last time they said they won't unban me again:D

Kake41
2015-07-03, 11:43
I won't leave WhatsApp as all my friends and family are there... Not banned yet. May I be banned when just using whatsup? Im not switching between Android WA or any other clients... I would prefer not to get banned, last time they said they won't unban me again:D

They said same to me when I got banned with Mitäkuuluu. "No unban next time. And now I've been unbanned twice.

itdoesntmatt
2015-07-03, 12:36
they simply cannot ban forever because if number have been recycled from mobile operator, the new person who bought that sim wouldnt be allowed to use the service without a valid matter

Saurus
2015-07-03, 19:00
Number will be unbanned automatically after 2 months if i remember correctly.

HtheB
2015-07-03, 19:01
they simply cannot ban forever because if number have been recycled from mobile operator, the new person who bought that sim wouldnt be allowed to use the service without a valid matter

According to the message that they replied, they wont unban me...

Saurus
2015-07-03, 19:26
According to the message that they replied, they wont unban me...

Just send them a message with another name and tell you are a new owner of this phone number, you just bought it. And you are wondering why are you unallowed to use this service;):D

HtheB
2015-07-08, 13:37
After complaining again, they sent me now this reply:

Hi,

It appears that you are using an unauthorized application of WhatsApp. Unauthorized applications are not supported; they contain source code which WhatsApp can not guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version from:

www.whatsapp.com/download

After installing the authorized version, please reply to this email with a screenshot or an image of your screen from inside the app.

You can refer to your phone's user manual for detail steps of taking screenshots on your device.

Please note WhatsApp only works on smartphones, non-telephony devices including tablets are not supported.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Georgia

WhatsApp Support Team

Please not the part where they say:
"Please note WhatsApp only works on smartphones, non-telephony devices including tablets are not supported."

Luckily my Samsung camera has a "3G" option, so the screenshot has an antenna indicator icon at the top, which makes it looks like a normal phone :P

HtheB
2015-07-10, 21:56
Ok, i've got another reply from them:

Hi,

It appears as if you are using a device that is running a modded and/or jailbroken operating system. Unfortunately, we do not support these operating systems, even if you are using our official client. They may contain source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these operating systems may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time. Furthermore, your device may send false messages and may lead to a ban by our system.

Please use the official operating system for your device and the official version of WhatsApp. Please also note, we do not provide support for unofficial clients or for jailbroken/unsupported devices.

To learn more about which devices are supported: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951556

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Georgia

Now how the hell did they see that the camera that I have is rooted!?!??!??!

Does the green or white background has a slightly different color when it's rooted!? (Some sort of root check??)

strobovalo
2015-07-10, 22:33
With this reason they can ban to someone using official whatsapp on jolla (if they want).

No rights for users, no privacy and they are the leaders on messaging applications, very sad.

HtheB
2015-07-10, 22:36
With this reason they can ban to someone using official whatsapp on jolla (if they want).

No rights for users, no privacy and they are the leaders on messaging applications, very sad.

No, the WhatsApp screenshot was taken on my Samsung Galaxy Camera, and yes it indeed rooted.

I just compared it with (non-rooted) Jolla. And guess what, the rooted device has a black line underneath the country code, while the non-rooted device is gray!!

That blackline is a very sneaky way to detect if the phone is rooted or not!!

Edit:
Added picture for comparison

Edit2: tmo compressed the pictures, making it harder to notice though

DeadHorseRiding
2015-07-13, 06:44
... got another reply...
(??)
Great customer service by WA Never have seen that by telegram.
Telegram do not waste time with communication to customers.
But .... there is no need to use a (special) smartphone at all. Receive SMS on very old cellphone is enough to register new device/yet another client.

malerocks
2015-07-13, 15:27
Have there been any further incidents of blocking? I must admit that after hearing about the ones that happened here I disconnected whatsup and downloaded the android app to prevent a ban myself.

I do prefer native apps and would love to go back to whatsup. Is Cepi planning any more updates for it?

phillow
2015-07-13, 15:43
I am still using it everyday and haven't been banned yet.

Mikkosssss
2015-07-13, 16:39
That blackline is a very sneaky way to detect if the phone is rooted or not!!

You sure its not just android version that makes it different color?

HtheB
2015-07-13, 16:42
I'm unbanned now.

I will do some more tests with a couple prepaid simcards that I have over here, so maybe i can figure out what the reason might be why we are getting banned.

malerocks
2015-07-13, 18:47
I'm unbanned now.

I will do some more tests with a couple prepaid simcards that I have over here, so maybe i can figure out what the reason might be why we are getting banned.

Thanks. Hopefully, that will help us know what to avoid in the future.

Thaodan
2015-07-13, 23:52
Should someone but more effort to the Jollagram? I started to hate Whatsupp very much (not banned yet ;) )

I hold on with the Whatsupp until they ban me!
http://dhuha.blog.com/files/2011/03/gambaru.jpg

What if, devs send some invite to whatsapp to read or make code together (in my dream right XD). Or They can use it to make official version..

I my opinion it would be better to improve telepathy-morse and the message app.

Boxeri
2015-07-14, 15:49
Hi Cepi

I reinstalled Whatsup due to a problem I thought it caused (it was not its fault after all) and forgot to save the database. I guess the uninstall scripts doesn' t save it anywhere?

I checked the .whatsup, but only found the current database there... The old is gone for good?

droll
2015-07-18, 00:35
btw, is cepi still actively developing this? :)

CepiPerez
2015-07-18, 02:35
Yes, but nothing to change lately.
I'll make some stupid changes this weekend to check memory usage.

TMavica
2015-07-18, 04:29

Yes...memory usage to high, over 20%.
That make it I cant open too many apps, always auto close

malerocks
2015-07-18, 09:01
I have a suggestion if you can consider implementing. Have an option to always save media to SD card. You have done it in filecase where the default download location from a cloud drive can be a SD card.

itdoesntmatt
2015-07-18, 17:47
hey cepi, whatsup on nexus 5 seems not to work cause it use .ogg file wich arent supported. can you make an alternative implementing .aac file (supported on nexus 5 ,confirmed by some guys working on codec in general). or is too much difficoult to do? thanks

HtheB
2015-07-18, 17:57
hey cepi, whatsup on nexus 5 seems not to work cause it use .ogg file wich arent supported. can you make an alternative implementing .aac file (supported on nexus 5 ,confirmed by some guys working on codec in general). or is too much difficoult to do? thanks

Please download this:
Ultimate Codec Support on Warehouse
https://openrepos.net/content/xerxes2/ultimate-codec-support

(Note: Enable the "sailfish_lib" repository first at warehouse before installing! It is needed for the dependencies:
https://openrepos.net/users/sailfishlib )

It should work after this (if not, reboot phone and try again) :)

itdoesntmatt
2015-07-18, 18:03
just done, it seems not to work... someone with nexus 5 is able to recording?

thank u for kindness HTheB ;)

HtheB
2015-07-18, 18:05
just done, it seems not to work... someone with nexus 5 is able to recording?

thank u for kindness HTheB ;)

Thats weird, OGG is open source, someone might to get it to work on it though, it's better then havinging workarounds.

Thanks for your kind words ^^

itdoesntmatt
2015-07-18, 18:09
i tryed to contact cepi, but nothing... however i think the problem is that .ogg arent correctly encoded by nexus 5 when recording in this extension. so it would be good to have a version with .aac wich is supported (as told me by some sailfish-os porters guys)

wilson
2015-07-18, 21:52
Started gettin "Server response was: old_version" on my 0.1-9 on my Sailfish OS (1.1.6.27)/Jolla. Any hints how to be able to continue using this excellent Whatsup?

droll
2015-07-19, 00:49

thank you. also, my experience with whatsup is a bit frustrating. it's fine moving around navigating etc but when I start replying messages, the whole whatsup just hangs (and I see "whatsup is not responding") quite frequently.

I should probably video record this....let me do that.

fin2cv
2015-07-19, 14:25
Since yesterday whatsup can't connect at all, status is at first "disconnected", and after a while "error". There are several Jolla users here in Finland having same problem. Old conversations and contacts are still available.

Thaodan
2015-07-19, 15:40
What about pausing the current audio stream when a notificatation incomes and when music is played pause the music when recording a voice message or playing one.

Screen shot does this.

TMavica
2015-07-19, 17:05
Since yesterday whatsup can't connect at all, status is at first "disconnected", and after a while "error". There are several Jolla users here in Finland having same problem. Old conversations and contacts are still available.

when u register again in whatsup, it said old version, right?

HtheB
2015-07-19, 22:14

I think that those users got banned....

Thaodan
2015-07-20, 00:51
Sometimes a voice message isn't sent cause file not found.

Thaodan
2015-07-20, 12:09
Can't connect at all (timeout), register still works.

vincr
2015-07-20, 12:13
Same issue with Whatsup on N9 here...

Tualatin
2015-07-20, 12:24
Today my whatsup stopped connecting.. :(((

Starting new connection
Checking if already connecting
Checking active network
Connection status: connecting
Connecting to c2.whatsapp.net:443...
Socket error: Connection error.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Connection status: disconnected
Disconnection done
Starting new connection
Checking active network
Connecting to c.whatsapp.net:443...

How to determine if my number is banned?

Update: Whatsup on N9 does not connect too...

neubauten84
2015-07-20, 12:40
Same here..not banned 'cause android whatsapp doesn't avoid me to register..
Whtat's up???

AMD
2015-07-20, 12:51
I think that those users got banned....
No users got banned, Android sitll alows registering..

Btw, hey!

asa
2015-07-20, 12:51
Same here on two phones.

lupastro
2015-07-20, 12:57
Same here on Sailfish & N9.

My Nokia S40 from work informs me about an update of whatsapp to version 2.12.89. Maybe there was some kind of change in the protocol.

AMD
2015-07-20, 13:03
Check this out, maybe this could help?
(github) (https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple/issues/295)

ThomasAH
2015-07-20, 13:08
Today my whatsup stopped connecting.. :(((

Starting new connection
Checking active network
Connecting to c2.whatsapp.net:443...
Socket error: Connection error.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Connection status: disconnected
Disconnection done
Starting new connection
Checking active network
Connecting to c.whatsapp.net:443...

Just wanted to report that since a couple of hours I'm getting the exact same error... Having been using Whatsup for a while now, only registered once with my Jolla, never had any problems.

Love the app, thanks a lot for creating and maintaining it Cepi! Hope it gets fixed :)

Check this out, maybe this could help?
(github) (https://github.com/davidgfnet/whatsapp-purple/issues/295)

Seems like a proper fix to me, however, I have no idea where to change the 'resource' line for Whatsup. I checked out ~/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf but it's not in there. I guess it's hard-coded into the application itself?

cvp
2015-07-20, 13:15
same here, today i use the app, no problems, but 2 hour ago i cant connect anymore :(

localhost
2015-07-20, 13:18
+1 'trying to connect'

PatsJolla
2015-07-20, 13:19
I have exactly the same problem with connection.
Till 12:00 CEST or so it worked all normally.
Then Im suddenly disconnected.
I try to log off and restart the app nothing...
I try rebooting the phone...nothing...

Then I switch to Mitakuuluu to see if Im banned (again *sigh*) but this is also not working the app either crashes or tells me no route to verify registration via sms..thats a Mitakuuluu problem..and I currently have no time for investigating...

So I install the devil..the android app.. to understand whats (h)aAPPening - PUN! haha - so funny I know!
and.... It works!?!!! No ban. I can normally chat and edit contacts etc.

So back to Whatsup...and here I can't now not even re-register, clicking on connect does nothing and I can only see old chats.

Any Ideas? I preferr the native clients over the android they are smooth, nicer, less "hungry", mor intuitive...just better

cvp
2015-07-20, 13:37
funny... now i can connect and use the app. without regist again.

AMD
2015-07-20, 13:39
funny... now i can connect and use the app. without regist again.
I can confirm, it's working again :)

I was even too lazy to try the android one. Been staring at it trying to connect since the minute this issue started :D

Edit: it's connecting and disconnecting. Perhaps the fix is on its way

CepiPerez
2015-07-20, 13:47
I made this pre-release this weekend for memory testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e5d03mu5x2nxvwc/whatsup-0.1-9.armv7hl.rpm?dl=1

It's using s40 2.12.88.
They are in 2.12.89 now, but I can connect without problems here.

ThomasAH
2015-07-20, 13:55

It's using s40 2.12.88.

Thanks for the fast reply! Installed, using, works :)

TMavica
2015-07-20, 13:56
it works again now suddenly...

TMavica
2015-07-20, 13:58
I havent install yours version, but it success connect again suddenly

itdoesntmatt
2015-07-20, 14:02
nothing to do for .aac support or just a reply?

PatsJolla
2015-07-20, 14:37

It's using s40 2.12.88.

Hi Cepi,
I cannot connect to the Account anymore in the connection screen I can click on connect and nothing happens. I also cannot see the register button.
I added a screenshot of the menue. Can you tell me how I can register again?

phillow
2015-07-20, 15:45
Working again here without installing new version.

rooster13
2015-07-20, 15:50
Not working here, with the new version...

jolla-pirate
2015-07-20, 16:06
Since Saturday I've been banned !
I did send whatsapp an email but the only response I've been given is that I had to send my full telephone number in international format .
I haven't heard anything since then !

kibet85
2015-07-20, 16:15
new version is quite responsive, no lags ..and its memory imprint is low..loving it..thanks cepi.

Tualatin
2015-07-20, 19:59
new version is quite responsive, no lags ..and its memory imprint is low..loving it..thanks cepi.

I confirm that new version has less lags. Memory consumption is lower too.

droll
2015-07-20, 22:34
I confirm that new version has less lags. Memory consumption is lower too.

still lags but noticeably less. could it be the lag was due to swapping?

explit
2015-07-21, 03:37
My old Whatsup 0.1.9 on Jolla 1.1.7.24 works like usual. Also updated to the new 0.1.9 test release. Also working like a charm. German Number +49.

I don't really know the WA Protocol good enough, but my strategy for not get banned is simple:
- Dont register the same number on different devices / clients
- Dont change Sim-Card on the Jolla, which is alredy registered and working
Thats all. I was never banned. After Mitakuuluu 2.x has stopped working i got to the Android WA, and now i'm on WhatsUp since the first public beta from Cepi. (Thanks Cepi for your Work, btw. alredy donated twice).
This is also the reason, why i don't use Mitakuuluu 3.x.
Next week i get my new Jolla, because my old (The first one) has a yellow burn-in on the display and the battery is almost on the EOL. I will try to register my number on the new Jolla over WhatsUp again, on the old one i can than try Mitakuuluu 3.x

Thaodan
2015-07-21, 20:28
I cant recive messages from a Black Berry User; I got logs and screenshorts to prove:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t34.0-12/11756604_994700603883522_57853520_n.jpg?oh=8b7648e 8f3baf7448a0a3ef8440c2e55&oe=55B178C0&__gda__=1437673995_ceb8775d1736f8fd72300cd81b0ab5f a

Log on request

tvicol
2015-07-22, 07:50
I have several BB users in my list and no communication issues here.

V10lator
2015-07-23, 11:39
Can't connect since two days: "State: error" (before it says there's an error it tries to connect a few times, so it changes from "State: connecting" to "state: offline" a few times).

Already tried to hex-edit reported protocol version as suggested here (http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=1477628&postcount=810) but that didn't help.

Started whatsapp manually with "killall whatsup && whatsup > whatsup.log 2>&1" - full log: http://pastie.org/10307796 - important part:
[D] Utilities::logData:30 - INCOMING:
<challenge>
<<<ENCODED DATA>>>
</challenge>

[D] Utilities::logData:30 - OUTGOING:
<response>
<<<ENCODED DATA>>>
</response>

[D] Utilities::logData:30 - Checking processes... not working
[D] Utilities::logData:30 - MESSAGES: 0 - READ: 0
[D] Client::read:1330 - Reading socket
[D] Utilities::logData:30 - Reading data...
[D] Utilities::logData:30 - Socket error: Connection closed by server.

iheilala
2015-07-23, 12:16
I cant recive messages from a Black Berry User; I got logs and screenshorts to prove:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpt1/v/t34.0-12/11756604_994700603883522_57853520_n.jpg?oh=8b7648e 8f3baf7448a0a3ef8440c2e55&oe=55B178C0&__gda__=1437673995_ceb8775d1736f8fd72300cd81b0ab5f a

Log on request

I have similar problem. I cannot recieve messages from my fiancee. She uses samsung. So not only BB problem.

Thaodan
2015-07-23, 19:14
I have similar problem. I cannot recieve messages from my fiancee. She uses samsung. So not only BB problem.

hm so who causes the issue?

Thaodan
2015-07-23, 21:24
Got the issue with another user to, this time with android.

tvicol
2015-07-24, 06:52
Check your blocked contacts and ask your peers to do the same.

V10lator
2015-07-24, 08:31
Can't connect since two days: "State: error"
Tried to re-register:
http://picload.org/image/iiwccww/screenshot-23-07-15-18-19-02.png
I don't really know the WA Protocol good enough, but my strategy for not get banned is simple:
- Dont register the same number on different devices / clients
- Dont change Sim-Card on the Jolla, which is alredy registered and working
Thats all. I was never banned.

Well, I was banned pretty quick (around a month of usage). Didn't change SIM nor registered the number to anything but Whatsup.

HtheB
2015-07-25, 15:05
It's weird to see that some users gets banned very quickly, while others never even get a ban hammer....

Edit: Guys, if you got banned, please share your settings with us!

like, were set Always offline or have you turned off the blue notifications etc.

V10lator
2015-07-25, 19:42
Guys, if you got banned, please share your settings with us!
I don't remember all settings right now but at least I disabled read notifications.

Another thing is that I wrote to whatsapp support. They unbanned me with the following reply:
Hi,

It appears as if you are using a device that is running a modded and/or jailbroken operating system. Unfortunately, we do not support these operating systems, even if you are using our official client. They may contain source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe. Your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties. In addition, these operating systems may not function correctly and may cease to work at any given time. Furthermore, your device may send false messages and may lead to a ban by our system.

Please use the official operating system for your device and the official version of WhatsApp. Please also note, we do not provide support for unofficial clients or for jailbroken/unsupported devices.

To learn more about which devices are supported: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/20951556

[CENSORED]

WhatsApp Support Team

//EDIT: Settings (freely translated from german to english by me) :
Start Whatsup at boot: True
Active Cover: Actual state
Alignment: Auto
Availability: Auto
Send read notification: False
Add unknown contact to the list: True
Enter sends message: True
Hide keyboard after sending: False
Autodownload: Always
Autoupload: Always
Current language: German (Germany)

Thaodan
2015-07-26, 03:28
I got now two Android users that can't send messsages to me any ideas to fix this?

And the two persons same audio message bug is still present.

HtheB
2015-07-26, 03:38
I got now two Android users that can't send messsages to me any ideas to fix this?

And the two persons same audio message bug is still present.

What version of WhatsApp are they using?

droll
2015-07-26, 13:18
the slow down in whatsupp is likely due to some kind of swapping. i switched off my mmc swap partition and relied only on zram. whatsup lagged noticeably less and if there were lags, they were also noticeably shorter.

Thaodan
2015-07-27, 02:09
What version of WhatsApp are they using?

Don't know why does this matter?

carepack
2015-07-27, 05:53
the slow down in whatsupp is likely due to some kind of swapping. i switched off my mmc swap partition and relied only on zram. whatsup lagged noticeably less and if there were lags, they were also noticeably shorter.

Realy thank you for this hint. I can confirm. After swapping off mmcblk0p24 whatsup is noticeable more responsive!

explit
2015-07-27, 07:36
Realy thank you for this hint. I can confirm. After swapping off mmcblk0p24 whatsup is noticeable more responsive!

Can you please discribe a bit more deep, how you done it?
Thanks

carepack
2015-07-27, 08:06
Can you please discribe a bit more deep, how you done it?
Thanks

BE AWARE! I'm or others are not responsible for things that can happen!!!!

Open Terminal
Switch to devel-su
swapoff /dev/mmcblk0p24

Thaodan
2015-07-27, 23:23
I noticed whatsupp uses the wrong name for contact, instead of the real name it uses the name of username of one of my im accounts (skypweb in this example), so that the name of contact in whatsup is looool93 instead of Katja K.

yawuji
2015-07-29, 23:05
Help needed please ...

This error is returned while executing ' pkcon install-local whatsup-0.1-8.armv7hl.rpm ' to install Whatsup in my jolla ...

Fatal error: whatsup-0.1-8.armv7hl requires libQt5Location.so.5, but this requirement cannot be provided

I can see following packages but not sure whether installing these will sort the above issue. Can you please advise ..

qt5-qtdeclarative-import-location-5.2.1+git5-1.22.3.armv7hl
qt5-qtlocation-5.2.1+git5-1.22.3.armv7hl
qt5-qtlocation-devel-5.2.1+git5-1.22.3.armv7hl

HtheB
2015-07-30, 06:06
Help needed please ...

This error is returned while executing ' pkcon install-local whatsup-0.1-8.armv7hl.rpm ' to install Whatsup in my jolla ...

Fatal error: whatsup-0.1-8.armv7hl requires libQt5Location.so.5, but this requirement cannot be provided

I can see following packages but not sure whether installing these will sort the above issue. Can you please advise ..

qt5-qtdeclarative-import-location-5.2.1+git5-1.22.3.armv7hl
qt5-qtlocation-5.2.1+git5-1.22.3.armv7hl
qt5-qtlocation-devel-5.2.1+git5-1.22.3.armv7hl

Why not just install it right from openrepos?

yawuji
2015-07-30, 12:04
Why not just install it right from openrepos?

Thanks HtheB, did you mean to install it from the Warehouse app. I tried it and is getting the same error.

Fatal error: whatsup-0.1-9.armv7hl requires libQt5Location.so.5, but this requirement cannot be provided..

vistaus
2015-07-30, 13:31
BE AWARE! I'm or others are not responsible for things that can happen!!!!

Open Terminal
Switch to devel-su
swapoff /dev/mmcblk0p24

Is the rest of the system still stable with swap off and ZRAM on? On my laptop it's still stable but I'm not sure about it on the Jolla phone.

CepiPerez
2015-07-30, 16:14
Is the rest of the system still stable with swap off and ZRAM on? On my laptop it's still stable but I'm not sure about it on the Jolla phone.Worst thing that can happen is phone starts freezing. In that case just reboot, swapoff is not a permanent change.

Thaodan
2015-07-30, 23:02
Worst thing that can happen is phone starts freezing. In that case just reboot, swapoff is not a permanent change.

Do you got an idea why some whatsapp clients don't send messages that whatsup can recieve?

CepiPerez
2015-07-31, 01:52
Do you got an idea why some whatsapp clients don't send messages that whatsup can recieve?What do you mean?

Thaodan
2015-07-31, 01:58
What do you mean?

I mean this

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t34.0-12/11756604_994700603883522_57853520_n.jpg?oh=ef096fb cdadaa36ac52b1cf4964af9d9&oe=55BDFF00

That some user send messages and the whatsapp server don't sends them to me.

yawuji
2015-07-31, 08:26
@CepiPerez, I have been trying to install Whatsup in my Jolla running Sailfish OS 1.1.6.27 from the Warehouse App. But I am getting this error

Fatal error: whatsup-0.1-9.armv7hl requires libQt5Location.so.5, but this requirement cannot be provided..

Wondering if you can help me sort this issue .. thanks

CepiPerez
2015-07-31, 12:07
I mean this

https://scontent-ams2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t34.0-12/11756604_994700603883522_57853520_n.jpg?oh=ef096fb cdadaa36ac52b1cf4964af9d9&oe=55BDFF00

That some user send messages and the whatsapp server don't sends them to me.Never noticed this. Please tell your friend that send you some messages again and send me log files.

late88
2015-07-31, 13:22
Hi Cepi. Is it possible to save received videos to gallery?

mrsellout
2015-07-31, 13:23
@CepiPerez, I have been trying to install Whatsup in my Jolla running Sailfish OS 1.1.6.27 from the Warehouse App. But I am getting this error

libQt5Location.so.5 is provided by the qt5-qtlocation package.

You can install it from the terminal with the following:

pkcon install qt5-qtlocation

yawuji
2015-07-31, 13:37
libQt5Location.so.5 is provided by the qt5-qtlocation package.

You can install it from the terminal with the following:

pkcon install qt5-qtlocation

Thanks a mil, mrsellout.

Koiruus
2015-08-01, 08:56
I'm sorry, this may have been asked and answered lots of times before, but I can't find it right now. Is there any way to backup and restore Whatsup messages/threads? I'm asking because my Jolla is going to maintenance quite often, and I will lose my logs every time...

TMavica
2015-08-01, 09:08
I'm sorry, this may have been asked and answered lots of times before, but I can't find it right now. Is there any way to backup and restore Whatsup messages/threads? I'm asking because my Jolla is going to maintenance quite often, and I will lose my logs every time...

/home/nemo/.config/cepiperez/whatsup*.conf
/home/nemo/.whatsup/*.db

After your Jolla reset, place them to the orginal folder, then u no need register again and wont lost any msg

fin2cv
2015-08-01, 11:55
I have been struggling couple of weeks with whatsup connection problem. I've installed latest (0.1-9) version, but whatsup can't connect to server. . Neither I can't register, feedback is "old_version". I guess I got banned by whatsapp, any ideas how to solve this problem? Send a mail to whatsapp?? I wouldn't like to install the android support and android version of whatsapp to my jolla..

yawuji
2015-08-01, 12:57

Resolved this issue and got Whatsup running in my Jollla. For anyone who may encounter this issue in the future this is what I did ..

Did a pkcon refresh after which following error was returned
'Fatal error: Authentication failed (is SSU set up correctly?)'

In order to fix the above error, changed the SSU release from 'Latest' to '1.1.6.27' (Sailfish OS version of my device) . This thread posted in together.jolla.com was really helpful in sorting this out - ssu status Release (https://together.jolla.com/question/87506/ssu-status-release-latest/)

Then pkcon refresh was run sucessfully and Whatsup was installed along with it's dependancies from the Warehouse App.

@CepiPerez, thanks for this wonderful App.
@mrsellout , thanks again for your help.

purplewakanda
2015-08-02, 10:24
I can't add new member to a group. The member gets added but actually not added since checking another conversation and coming back to group doesn't reflect the new member added. Please fix it, Cepi. Thanks

HtheB
2015-08-02, 11:13
I can't add new member to a group. The member gets added but actually not added since checking another conversation and coming back to group doesn't reflect the new member added. Please fix it, Cepi. Thanks

this usually happens when the user has blocked you. Can you talk to the person itself?

purplewakanda
2015-08-02, 12:20
this usually happens when the user has blocked you. Can you talk to the person itself?

I can chat with the person individually. So I'm not blocked.

PatsJolla
2015-08-03, 08:30
I also have now the problem that I don't receive messages.
All people to whom I open a new chat get my messages I can see their status like ...is writing a message... but I never receive something.
This happens to Apple and to Android users. Sailfish users I don't have.

The only place where I can still receive answers is within groups. strangely.

I tried shutting down the app including disconnecting, restarting the phone etc. nothing helped.

Additional Info: I also see that the app constanly loses the connection. Should I send the log? or can I somehow reset the app somehow?

Thaodan
2015-08-04, 00:05
Never noticed this. Please tell your friend that send you some messages again and send me log files.

you've got a pm.

CepiPerez
2015-08-04, 23:12
I've received an email from what$app lawyers... so I don't think I should keep maintaining this app

aQUICK1
2015-08-05, 05:20
@ CP -With all respect for ur desicion i would like to thank u for all the hard work u put into this project, sad to see such a good app unmaintained by his maker.

Thaodan
2015-08-05, 06:47
I've received an email from what$app lawyers... so I don't think I should keep maintaining this app

do you think they can hit you? I mean its us law and you live in eu or not?

coderus
2015-08-05, 07:25
They only can delete facebook page, delete instagram page and delete whatsapp account. All main devs i know are received similar messages, most of projects are closed. Devs who ignored this case, desist and demand email got removed their accounts.