PDA

View Full Version : [ANNOUNCEMENT] Whatsup on Jolla [UPDATED 29-03-2016]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

HtheB
2015-03-04, 03:21
Many of you are eagerly waiting for Whatsup on Jolla.
I am proud to say that CepiPerez has made a huge progress on this!
Beware that there are still some stuff missing.

So, I made a video about the Alpha version of Whatsup.
Enjoy this live action of Whatsup on Jolla:
http://youtu.be/Nv3XzCvTmlE

Using Whatsup Beta0.1-2 with the Jolla TOHKDB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLD3M_zv5Bo

Grab the latest version from here: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1502363#post1502363

Please consider to donate to CepiPerez (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=WTLJLQP2CSM7S)!
It will encourage him to finish Whatsup earlier :)

cquence
2015-03-04, 13:21
Hey that's great news! The important part I guess is if using this application will introduce the risk of getting banned from Whatsapp

Whippler
2015-03-04, 13:40
Well, seems like it's not official so... lets get banned again, for good this time!

HtheB
2015-03-04, 13:59
Well, seems like it's not official so... lets get banned again, for good this time!

This uses the same protocol as we have on the N9, since the N9 users have not been banned yet, I don't think we will get banned on Jolla either :)

pagis
2015-03-04, 15:10
Still is that a good reason not to be banned?

HtheB
2015-03-04, 15:22
Still is that a good reason not to be banned?
yes .

m4r0v3r
2015-03-04, 15:32
how are things like the encryption? Can it also simply register with no issues? If this works I can make the move to the Nexus 5

HtheB
2015-03-04, 15:42
how are things like the encryption? Can it also simply register with no issues? If this works I can make the move to the Nexus 5

Registering works, but you can also just copy the old config files from Harmattan to Sailfish, so no need to re-register. You will also have all your contacts and conversations back :)

Morpog
2015-03-04, 15:46
I guess there is no encryption as it uses the old whatsapp protocols that were/are used in Symbian?

Could be a dead end as soon as Whatsapp phases out Symbian support.

HtheB
2015-03-04, 15:53
I guess there is no encryption as it uses the old whatsapp protocols that were/are used in Symbian?

Could be a dead end as soon as Whatsapp phases out Symbian support.

It uses S40 protocol, not Symbian. And afaik, S40 doesn't have this encryption (yet)

I don't think they will phaseout Whatsapp soon for S40

coderus
2015-03-04, 15:59
S40 have encryption enabled, but not forced for all users.

pagis
2015-03-04, 16:17
S40 devices are a minority and will be phased out soon at some point. Meanwhile WA is changing the API, partially to make that period shorter.

Do not get me wrong, I do really appreciate the work from CepiPerez and coderus.

Hariainm
2015-03-04, 16:28
S40 devices are a minority and will be phased out soon at some point. Meanwhile WA is changing the API, partially to make that period shorter.

Do not get me wrong, I do really appreciate the work from CepiPerez and coderus.

You are understimating the number of S40 devices out there, even in 2015

Watchmaker
2015-03-04, 16:33
Another possible problem is: will registration work also for former Mitakuuluu users (which used the android protocol)? I recently had to pay the annual 0.89€ fee after my first free year, and I don't know how Whatsapp will react to my trying to register with the old (and subscription-free) symbian protocol. I don't know if Cepi can know this either. We just have to wait and see, I suppose... I won't be the guinea pig, that's for sure :p

HtheB
2015-03-04, 16:37
Another possible problem is: will registration work also for former Mitakuuluu users (which used the android protocol)? I recently had to pay the annual 0.89€ fee after my first free year, and I don't know how Whatsapp will react to my trying to register with the old (and subscription-free) symbian protocol. I don't know if Cepi can know this either. We just have to wait and see, I suppose... I won't be the guinea pig, that's for sure :p

If you have an unlimited use of Whatsapp account, it will stay that way.

Watchmaker
2015-03-04, 17:19
If you have an unlimited use of Whatsapp account, it will stay that way.
I don't have an unlimited use of whatsapp. That is what I think may cause problems... since from a paying users I'd be trying to become a free-unlimited one. But we can just speculate at this point.

deiv
2015-03-04, 18:24
can you share with us the rpm package?
i understand it is on alpha stage but we can do some bug report ...

Leinad
2015-03-04, 18:57
as far as i understand, your "payment-method" is not tied to a device or system, it uses the method, you registered your number for the first time.

for example, one who used the "one-time-pay-method" on iPhone when he registered first time does not change to the "yearly-pay-method", when he switches to android.

i used an old Symbian device when my screen was broken and used whatsapp on it whithout problems, this did not change my "payment-method"

asys3
2015-03-04, 20:51
Is there a whatsapp daemon running besides the gui frontend that receives the incoming messages ?

I mean do i have to keep whatsapp gui started or in background to get whatsapp notifications?

That would be an very important thing to not have an app running - only perhaps a daemon process.

Would be nice to hear how that piece of the archtecture is or will be realized.

mdosch
2015-03-28, 18:59
Hello,

I'd like to test the alpha if it's possible.
Can you provide me the package?

vistaus
2015-03-28, 19:47
Hello,

I'd like to test the alpha if it's possible.
Can you provide me the package?

Same wish over here :)

aQUICK1
2015-03-29, 00:24
Same wish over here :)

Likewise;)

aka_makaveli
2015-03-29, 14:22
I don't want to use Whatsapp with Android environment. Will wait for the native client :)

mdosch
2015-03-29, 17:43
@aka_makaveli

That's exactly why we are following this thread. :D
Although I have to admit I'm using the android app since Mitäkuuluu stopped working. :(

peter-berlin
2015-03-29, 18:12
@aka_makaveli

That's exactly why we are following this thread. :D
Although I have to admit I'm using the android app since Mitäkuuluu stopped working. :(

the same procedure with me... :mad:

aQUICK1
2015-03-29, 21:24
Still using Mita but getting buggy now, ;)

carepack
2015-04-09, 09:27
first preview was released by cepi:
https://twitter.com/negrocepi/status/585919366086193152

tvicol
2015-04-09, 11:04
Registration error

--------------------------
Reason:
Server response was:bad_param

carepack
2015-04-09, 11:14
used mitakuuluu before? when yes you should delete all related mitakuuluu folders in nemo/.config and nemo/.share

then it should work

ahoi

tvicol
2015-04-09, 11:28
Thanks for advice, but I have recently recovered my phone, so no trace of mitaluuluu in my folders.
It must be something else. I use android whatsapp. It could be related to encryption ?

carepack
2015-04-09, 11:51
enter you're number in this format:
+country code
phone number without first digit.

don't know if necessary but I would recommend to delete android wa from the phone..

tvicol
2015-04-09, 11:57
Killed whatsapp android process and registration went ok.
Thank you !

tvicol
2015-04-09, 12:23
Very nice work ! Clean, intuitive and responsive gui.
I like it very much !

cvp
2015-04-09, 12:34
Registration (Germany) , OK!
Working very well... i love it, grate work Cepi...

vistaus
2015-04-09, 13:41
Working very well here in The Netherlands as well, thank you!

hemiwi
2015-04-09, 13:59
Works in Finland too.

As someone wrote:
1.) kill Android Whatsapp Process
2.) + Int contry code
3.) Phone numner without (0)

registration went fine.

Big THX and Thumbs up !!!

Kake41
2015-04-09, 14:31
Awesome!
Now I can get rid of Dalvik.

mind_the_gap
2015-04-09, 15:15
Great work! Thanks! Where can we find the source code?

abyzthomas
2015-04-09, 15:35
Awesome!
Now I can get rid of Dalvik.

Well, one more app left for me. Navigation. I use Waze, once in a while. I can now leave Dalvik shutdown most of the time.

Hopefully one of the native solutions will become really usable and then, :) :) , bye bye Dalvik.

CepiPerez
2015-04-09, 15:58
Great work! Thanks! Where can we find the source code?
Nowhere. I don't want WhatsApp to make some shlt on me.
QML files are in /usr/share/whatsup folder, protocol is not so different from yappari or mitakuuluu, except I have a lot of unused code I've never cleaned. The rest is just basic like reading folders, files, etc.
I'll clean it someday and maybe put on some private repo, but there's a lot to do and it's not a priority for me.

djcrash1981
2015-04-09, 17:00
Hi all, hey Cepi thanks for your work here.
Quick question Is there a way to maintain the same account in whatsup (sailfish) and whatsapp, because I'm testing it on my Nexus 5 and I'm not ready to do the full commitment to sailfish since it is an alpha.

coderus
2015-04-09, 17:10
you will be banned if using same account on different devices.

Leinad
2015-04-09, 18:02

unless they don't notice ;)

Jordi
2015-04-09, 18:32
Any possiblity to help with the translations?

djcrash1981
2015-04-09, 18:37
If it is the same device just only a different OS would they notice this?

And I would not be using it at the same time since I have to turn of the device then change the OS and then turn on whatsapp/whatsup.

I don't know how whatsapp works that is why I'm asking :P

Blacksphere
2015-04-09, 18:56
Could someone pls post steps to copy the old config files from Harmattan to Sailfish.I would really love to keep my contacts and conversations as it is.Much Appreciated.

Leinad
2015-04-09, 19:44
Could someone pls post steps to copy the old config files from Harmattan to Sailfish.I would really love to keep my contacts and conversations as it is.Much Appreciated.

contacts will be there, conversations will be lost. i don't think there is any chance of porting them

coderus
2015-04-09, 19:48
why not? i don't think cepi is using different storage in harmattan and jolla.

Leinad
2015-04-09, 19:56
why not? i don't think cepi is using different storage in harmattan and jolla.

afaik he had to build at least some stuff from scratch... it's unlikely that he used the exact same structure as before...
or did you give him such a good backup, that this was not necessary?
that would be great :)

coderus
2015-04-09, 20:22
he developed harmattan and jolla applications from the same scratch. if you think it's cool to support two same applications with different structure - you crazy.

aQUICK1
2015-04-09, 20:39
Both working like a charm here, thnx:D

UBUNTUSCOFIELD
2015-04-09, 21:32
Grreat app cepi, im now officially a fan even though i live in Tanzania, Africa

HtheB
2015-04-09, 22:18
Guys, please don't forget to donate to CepiPerez for his work :)

dirkvl, we're waiting for you: RELEASE THE KRAKEN TOHKBD!

CepiPerez
2015-04-10, 03:11
@Blacksphere:
As coderus said, it's insane to make it different
You can copy all files from harmattan /home/user/.config/cepiperez to sailfish /home/nemo/.config/cepiperez
Also you can use same database from /home/user/.whatsup to /home/nemo/.whatsup

seiichiro0185
2015-04-10, 05:51
Just want to add my thanks for this great work! So far working nicely since I installed Whatsup yesterday.

One Quick Question: As far as I read Whatsup uses an older protocoll version. Am I right in my assumption that it doesn't support end to end encryption because of this?

coderus
2015-04-10, 07:25
Just want to add my thanks for this great work! So far working nicely since I installed Whatsup yesterday.

One Quick Question: As far as I read Whatsup uses an older protocoll version. Am I right in my assumption that it doesn't support end to end encryption because of this?

afaik whatsup using new WA15 protocol, but S40 resource (Cepi correct me if i'm wrong) and it does not enable end-to-end encryption. It does not harm your conversations, just all messages sent unencrypted and you can easily read them using Wireshark for example :D

foufoutos
2015-04-11, 05:24
delete my account on android app and i cant register on native geting an error. any tip ??

coderus
2015-04-11, 05:51
getting WHAT error?

foufoutos
2015-04-11, 05:58
getting WHAT error?

its ok now i try 5 deletes of my account.ty

Blacksphere
2015-04-12, 05:46
@Blacksphere:
As coderus said, it's insane to make it different
You can copy all files from harmattan /home/user/.config/cepiperez to sailfish /home/nemo/.config/cepiperez
Also you can use same database from /home/user/.whatsup to /home/nemo/.whatsup

Thanks Cepi,the above procedure works wonders.Another problem I have is that I cannot get whatsup connected to my work wifi(Might be the firewall at the office) but it works at home wifi and data.Any Suggestions?
BTW whatsup has not connected to the wifi at work even when I used it on N9.
Keep up the good work,loving the app.

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-12, 09:26
thank u cepi, i'm happy with the app. it miss some features but it is a beta. i can say u have made a perfect work. i'll make a donation to you

Wolda
2015-04-12, 09:56
Hi all,

In the case somebody would be interested as well, here is a summary cooked from various posts here how to read/write Mitakuuluu / Whatsup login and password information. It can be used for moving the account form one client to the other, but use it wisely (thx WhatsApp for random blocking whoever is using unofficial client).

Some time ago, I used Whatsup on N9 to register my account and then was using Mitakuuluu on Jolla. On the other hand, yesterday I did the "inverse" process when I migrated to Whatsup on one of my Jollas. Both times it worked like a charm.

Whatsup configuration file is stored in '~/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf'. The login data are:

[General]
cc=<country prefix>
phoneNumber=<your phone number>
username=<country prefix><your phone number>
password=<password>
kind=free (or any other account type that you have)

To read the Mitakuuluu login data, use a terminal:

dconf read apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/phoneNumber
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/password
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/kind

Analogously, write them by:

dconf write apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/phoneNumber "'<countryprefix><your phone number>'"
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/password "'<password>'"
dconf apps/harbour-mitakuuluu2/account/kind "'free'"

Just to make sure, note that I first wrote the " quotes (that's for the shell) and then the ' quotes for the dconf.

I will try to find some time next week and meditate over moving the chat history between the two. In the case, may I a little bit bug you about that, Cepi and coderus?

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-12, 10:07
are you working about a new version of this???

sorry i've confused topic!

coderus
2015-04-12, 10:14
our databases are not compatible. only cepi can add mitakuuluu database import to whatsup and only i can add whatsup conversations import to mitakuuluu :)

Wolda
2015-04-12, 10:51
our databases are not compatible. only cepi can add mitakuuluu database import to whatsup and only i can add whatsup conversations import to mitakuuluu :)

It's indeed clear that the databases are not physically compatible, but it'd be just enough if you and Cepi would be so kind and provide their format to us. I understand that the bear-hunters (btw, Whatsup is developed by that football player, right?) don't wanna make public your whatsapp protocol hacks, but why such a thing as the database format can be made public so that they use their time on more important things and let the others to write database converters, no?

PS: 5 years ago, I'd take your "only Cepi / only me" as a challange ;-)
EDIT: actually, just briefly looked at it and isn't it that both Cepi and you are using SQLite? So it's just enough to match the corresponding columns and write a small conversion script.

coderus
2015-04-12, 12:19
yes, mitakuuluu database is not encrypted and you can easily read/convert it as you need :)

Zero Six
2015-04-12, 12:39
I tried to copy existing fields and values from yappri.conf to whatsup.conf (imsi, number, cc, phonenumber, password, username, creation, expiration, nextchallenge, etc), but can not login on whatsup.
From what I saw, imsi in yappari.conf is in numeric value, but in whatsup.conf is kind of like hex value.
and also there is "penc" field in whatsup.conf that is not available in yappari.conf.

is it possible to convert or get both value from yappari to be used on whatsup?
thank you.

Makeclick
2015-04-12, 14:09
Thanks Cepi! Only one thing. Make icon more green. Good work!!!

mind_the_gap
2015-04-12, 16:26
Nowhere. I don't want WhatsApp to make some shlt on me.
QML files are in /usr/share/whatsup folder, protocol is not so different from yappari or mitakuuluu, except I have a lot of unused code I've never cleaned. The rest is just basic like reading folders, files, etc.
I'll clean it someday and maybe put on some private repo, but
there's a lot to do and it's not a priority for me.

Thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how WhatsApp could "make some shlt on you". But maybe I missed some part of the discussion here. Is there some secret in your source code that makes them think we are using their client and that prevents freeing the source?

coderus
2015-04-12, 16:44
Thanks for the explanation. However, I don't see how WhatsApp could "make some shlt on you". But maybe I missed some part of the discussion here. Is there some secret in your source code that makes them think we are using their client and that prevents freeing the source?

If you REALLY have any questions about developing, you should ask it privately.

HtheB
2015-04-12, 17:46
Thanks Cepi! Only one thing. Make icon more green. Good work!!!

Whatsup = Blue ;)

Wolda
2015-04-12, 18:54
I tried to copy existing fields and values from yappri.conf to whatsup.conf (imsi, number, cc, phonenumber, password, username, creation, expiration, nextchallenge, etc), but can not login on whatsup.
From what I saw, imsi in yappari.conf is in numeric value, but in whatsup.conf is kind of like hex value.
and also there is "penc" field in whatsup.conf that is not available in yappari.conf.

is it possible to convert or get both value from yappari to be used on whatsup?
thank you.

From my experiments, it seemed to be important to set in the whatsup.conf also the setting

kind=free

(or whatever account type you have).

Makeclick
2015-04-12, 19:27
Whatsup = Blue ;)

:rolleyes: ou.. UP.. like the sky :)

Hariainm
2015-04-13, 00:47

I guess neither CepiPerez nor coderus want to suffer the same consecuences the poor tgalal is having right now.
All hail Tarek! :respect:

CepiPerez
2015-04-13, 03:13
Just some notes for you:

- Whatsup database is not encryped. It's basically the same you have in wazapp. It's just text messages are in base64 (wich is very easy to decode).

- About source, if some know developer wants it I don't mind to share privately. I won't make it public because nobody can afirm how whatsapp is blocking us, and maybe hiding them the posibility to see how are we working can give us some advantage here.

- Coderus is great, it's not a challenge. I just made my own client because I can and it fits my UI taste.

- "kind" value in settings file is obsolete, the only ones that matters are "username" and "password" (the rest are for some stupid things)

Zero Six
2015-04-13, 03:19
From my experiments, it seemed to be important to set in the whatsup.conf also the setting

kind=free

(or whatever account type you have).

hi Wolda,
Thank you for replying.
I just found the solution today..
What's more important is username field on whatsup.conf.

In yappari, I can customize my username, and it looks like It's not compatible with whatsup.

[yappari.conf]
number=1234567890
cc=99
phonenumber=991234567890
username=N900

As I tested, it didn't work if I copied username from yappari.conf to whatsup.conf, but this will worked.

[whatsup.conf]
cc=99
phonenumber=1234567890
username=991234567890

Thanks to cepiperez who created whatsup and also to all people, scorpius, agamez, cepiperez again, and coderus, who contributed to yappari that makes this possible.
I really admire all your works.

mdosch
2015-04-13, 12:16
It's already working pretty good for me. I found some minor issues in german translation. Do you have some tracker were I can suggest some correctins?

coderus
2015-04-13, 12:20
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whatsup/ ?

mdosch
2015-04-13, 12:22
Thank you. :)

th80de
2015-04-13, 12:55
Hi,

I installed the app today and registered my number with the sailfish app. I can post and receive messages. But I can't select any contact from the contacts tab as this list is empty. If I tap on the refresh icon I can see no difference except that the os alerts me that the app is not anwsering anymore. I also restarted the phone already.

My phone contacts consists only of local contacts (not google synced or so).

How can I get the app to use see the possible chat contacts?

Thanks,
Thomas

coderus
2015-04-13, 13:03
you need to add/sync contacts first :)

baboo
2015-04-13, 14:03
Hi,

I installed the app today and registered my number with the sailfish app. I can post and receive messages. But I can't select any contact from the contacts tab as this list is empty. If I tap on the refresh icon I can see no difference except that the os alerts me that the app is not anwsering anymore. I also restarted the phone already.

My phone contacts consists only of local contacts (not google synced or so).

How can I get the app to use see the possible chat contacts?

Thanks,
Thomas
You just have to refresh your contact list.When it gets unresponsive, select 'please wait', or else it will quit and not sync

th80de
2015-04-13, 17:19
You just have to refresh your contact list.When it gets unresponsive, select 'please wait', or else it will quit and not sync

Thanks. I was not patient enough on my first trys.

Now it works.

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-13, 20:50
it doesnt work in landscape??? i cannot use it as mitakuluu

HtheB
2015-04-13, 21:37
it doesnt work in landscape??? i cannot use it as mitakuluu

No, itdoesntmatt (see what I did there? :p)
but in the latest version. It's not released yet ;)

vistaus
2015-04-14, 07:20
Then release it already!!!

Nah, jk, take your time, you're doing a great job and current version is working fine and I have patience to wait for the next one :)

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-14, 07:59
No, itdoesntmatt (see what I did there? :p)

what you did? i didnt understand!!=)

tioubxancur
2015-04-14, 09:02
what you did? i didnt understand!!=)
leave it, itdoesntmatter

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-14, 12:32
ahahaha you are right, my name is Matt(eo) , i'm italian, so i wanted to use this game of words. an information, i have to change number to whatsup but even if i unistall whatsup and delete .config/cepiperez and whatsup it keep me to show the old account and not a new way to register..why?

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-14, 12:41
solved i think was only to delete the cache/whatsup (i don't really know what is it but works fine)

Wolda
2015-04-15, 15:04
- Whatsup database is not encryped. It's basically the same you have in wazapp. It's just text messages are in base64 (wich is very easy to decode).

Cool! So I actually do have a few (minor) questions. I guess, for example, that type=1 in the messages table means outgoing msg, type=0 means ingoing, that's easy. But not 100% sure what are the possible values (and their meanings) in the fields like "status" or "key". Also I haven't fully parsed the field "media" (I can see there are comma-separated stuff like BASE64 of the pic preview, URL to whatsapp, link to the local file, but then there are also some numbers that I didn't understand). Maybe in order to not spam the topic here, are you being online on IRC so I can bug you and coderus a bit there? Alternatively, I can also start a separate topic here for this stuff...

- Coderus is great, it's not a challenge. I just made my own client because I can and it fits my UI taste.
Oh, no, I did not mean challenge between you and Coderus, it was just a childish comment that "only we two can import the history" can be read as a challenge for me :-). Anyways, I wrote before I knew both Whatsup and Mitakuuluu simply use SQLite3 :-)

BTW, credits to both coderus and you for the apps!

- "kind" value in settings file is obsolete, the only ones that matters are "username" and "password" (the rest are for some stupid things)
I've had a feeling it didn't work for me until I set this one when I was transferring my test account, but maybe (probably) I've changed also something else on the way. Thanks for the clarification!

yrannadx
2015-04-15, 19:02
Can someone clarify how contacts are updated in Whatsup?

Some time ago I synchronized my contacts with Exchange, then I removed all of them and synchronized again with owncloud.

After that, I noticed there are two list of contacts:
1 under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/Contacts/contacts.db and
2. under /home/nemo/.local/share/system/privileged/Contacts/qtcontacts-sqlite/contacts.db.

First time, Whatsup took contacts names from first db I think. But since I wanted to use contacts names from second db, I removed all contacts manually from Whatsup and also I removed contacts.db from first directory, Now, old contacts are not coming back in Whatsup list, although they are in contacts.db (I checked the database). Only newly created contacts are added.

coderus
2015-04-15, 19:07
why you removed system contacts database? o_O

yrannadx
2015-04-16, 12:18
why you removed system contacts database? o_O

Because the contacts from Whatsup were from this database instead of from priviledged so I wanted to get rid of different contacts database with different names for the same number.

coderus
2015-04-16, 12:23
lol. can't say more.

yrannadx
2015-04-16, 18:34
lol. can't say more.

Maybe because you don't understand more.

coderus
2015-04-16, 18:45
sure, why not. i'm juat a noob here.

HtheB
2015-04-16, 19:43
I've uploaded a new (teaser) video for all of you guys:

Using Whatsup (latest not released yet build) with the Jolla TOHKDB:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLD3M_zv5Bo

New update coming soon! :)

kimmoli
2015-04-16, 20:45
Requested by HtheB, there is now force to landscape orientation when keyboard part is attached - All apps that support landscape, will operate in landscape.

Supports only Landscape, not reverse landscape.

This feature will be selectable by user.

yrannadx
2015-04-17, 08:01
sure, why not. i'm juat a noob here.

Typical answer of a programmer that pretends he/she understand the issue but don't want to lose valuable time with such stupid things.

Better try to find more knowledgeable people somewhere else, or try to solve the issue by myself.

coderus
2015-04-17, 08:25
You removed system contacts database and you think it makes whatsup to work with privileged database. I have no words to explain how much stupid is it.
I'm not sure if this trick works with latest sailfishos, but you ca try. In file /usr/share/mapplauncherd/privileges add line:/usr/bin/whatsup,p

yrannadx
2015-04-18, 11:50
Thanks, this works. Sorry for previous, maybe not so nice, comments.

On N900 I used prefixed contact names for sorting purposes. When I switched to Jolla, I wanted to remove prefixes and I ended up with system and priviledged contact databases having different names for the same contact. For example in system a contact was named "(A) Test", and in priviledged "Test" for the same number. After removing all contacts and resync, only priviledged was filled up with contacts and system db is empty.

Removing the system contacts was a desperate measure so that Whatsup will not use old contact names instead of new ones. I found no other way to get rid of old contact names.

However, I find it strange that there are two contact databases in Jolla and that only priviledged is recreated from scratch when deleted.

HtheB
2015-04-18, 19:07
Update Time!

Download Whatsup 0.1-2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ae7dk13ruds0x9/whatsup-0.1-2.armv7hl.rpm?dl=0) (also on the first post)

Changelog:
- Changed profile panels
- Fixed privacy password
- Added Landscape mode
- Added Bookmarks page
- Can save images in gallery
- Fixed media bubbles size
- Newer Sync function (back-end)
- Added Custom read notifications
- Added Clear chat history
- Icons for bubbles options
- And a lot more that I forget.....

Thanks again to CepiPerez for this awesome update!

Please consider a donation (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=WTLJLQP2CSM7S) if you like Whatsup and want to support our developers! :)

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-19, 09:26
it's a great release it works like a charm. happy to use it. i think i will donate to cepi..

how about the roadmap of features in next updates?
the most important missing one its, for me, the impossibility to send registered record, and to listen received ones

HtheB
2015-04-19, 10:46
it's a great release it works like a charm. happy to use it. i think i will donate to cepi..

how about the roadmap of features in next updates?
the most important missing one its, for me, the impossibility to send registered record, and to listen received ones

It's already there :) unfocus the text box (so that you are not in the place where you can type), then look at the bottom right.

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-19, 10:55
uhm yeah but i cannot listen other's recording
however its not so clear, i suggest to modify to make more clear when you are recording and when you stop.

and for future update, what have you got in mind?
but is there a way to implement emoji without passing from emoji keyboard?it's quite uncomfortable

then it would be great message search function and multiselection of messages, do you agree)?

jimmy neutron
2015-04-19, 11:15
Hi Guys quick question.. i am not able to see my contacts last seen time.. is this a know issue ? if not is there a solution for it.. (maybe i,m overlooking something)...

Kind Regards..

vistaus
2015-04-19, 11:23
Yeah, listening to others' recording doesn't work indeed and emoji's would be sweet to have :)

jimmy neutron
2015-04-19, 11:39
Yeah, listening to others' recording doesn't work indeed and emoji's would be sweet to have :)

@vistaus are you running latest update 1.1.4.28 ?.. if so the emoij keyboard is not working... (dev is working on it)

Kind Regards...

baboo
2015-04-19, 11:49
@vistaus are you running latest update 1.1.4.28 ?.. if so the emoij keyboard is not working... (dev is working on it)

Kind Regards...
I installed the latest version,and voice notes still not working.checked the whatsup folder it seems that the app is not saving those files after download(maybe)

droll
2015-04-19, 14:36
voice notes work fine on my side.

btw just to confirm - there is currently no way to leave a group, yes?

baboo
2015-04-19, 14:39
voice notes work fine on my side.

btw just to confirm - there is currently no way to leave a group, yes?

press and hold on a group,then you can select'delete and exit group'

asys3
2015-04-19, 20:08
HtheB, could you please tell kimmoli which kind of notifications are used by whatsup?
So that he would update toholed daemon to show these notifications as well.

Thanks in advance!

kimmoli
2015-04-19, 20:23
dbus-monitor interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications member=Notify

and tell me the output, or what is the dict entry "category" value when whatsup makes a notification.

(I don't use whatever, so i don't have reasons to install this)

BTW. If one wants to make better integration for tohkbd, QtQuick Keys or KeyNavigation works nicely.

coderus
2015-04-19, 20:26
dbus-monitor interface=org.freedesktop.Notifications member=Notify

and tell me the output, or what is the dict entry "category" value when whatsup makes a notification.

notifications.whatsup.group notifications.whatsup.inapp notifications.whatsup.personal

you can also add following:

coderus.mitakuuluu3.group coderus.mitakuuluu3.media coderus.mitakuuluu3.message coderus.mitakuuluu3.notification coderus.mitakuuluu3.private :)

late88
2015-04-20, 03:11
I am experiencing a massive battery drain with the latest beta. Anyone else have the same?

vistaus
2015-04-20, 07:08
I am experiencing a massive battery drain with the latest beta. Anyone else have the same?

I thought I had that the first night after installing the latest beta but yesterday and this night no drain at all so I'm not sure whether it was due to the latest beta or not...

kimmoli
2015-04-20, 07:18
...you can also add following...

I'll just use the M notification indicator for both, and prepare for mitakuuluu4+ too :)

notifications.whatsup*
coderus.mitakuuluu*

#####
#########
###########
### ### ###
### # ###
### ###
### # # ###
### ### ###
### ### ###
############
###########
#########

DeadHorseRiding
2015-04-20, 11:01
Meecast (qt4+qt5 based) has only one Transifex project (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/meecast/) 4 all its translated plattforms,

Harmattan (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whatsup/) and Jolla Sailfish (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whatsup-sailfish/) are separated by translation - why?

coderus
2015-04-20, 11:06
Meecast (qt4+qt5 based) has only one Transifex project (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/meecast/) 4 all its translated plattforms,

Harmattan (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whatsup/) and Jolla Sailfish (https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/whatsup-sailfish/) are separated by translation - why?

because Meecast (https://github.com/Meecast/meecast) have ONE codebase for all platforms.

late88
2015-04-20, 12:56

If anyone experiencing this just quit whatsup and start again. Pulseaudio and whatsup was both using cpu constantly about 10-15 percent. I'm not sure how whatsup can cause pulseaudio to use the cpu so extensively but after quitting whatsup also pulseaudio settled down.

DeadHorseRiding
2015-04-20, 17:01
because Meecast (https://github.com/Meecast/meecast) have ONE codebase for all platforms.
Too bad, I was afraid.

KempeWeidenbaum
2015-04-21, 16:43
Hello,

unfortunately I cannot register at all. I did delete Whatsapp on my Android and closed in in chrome.
I am using a SailfishOS port on Nexus 4... Could this be the reason it fails?
Regards

coderus
2015-04-21, 17:04
Is there some error message showed?

KempeWeidenbaum
2015-04-21, 17:23
yes sorry I forgot that it's 'bad param'.
I am just reading weird things on github you wrote... About config files...

However I signed in on my android again and it work, then killed process, app while online and then deinstalled.
Still the registration fails.
Regards

KempeWeidenbaum
2015-04-21, 17:31
Okay it worked when I typed my number in manually. Even though I double (triple) checked it when I used to paste it...
Thanks and hello to the community :)

droll
2015-04-21, 20:12
btw, when I activate search in the contacts screen, the phone seems to slow down terribly. is this a known issue or perhaps my phone is just borked?

CepiPerez
2015-04-21, 22:00
btw, when I activate search in the contacts screen, the phone seems to slow down terribly. is this a known issue or perhaps my phone is just borked?
It's bad implemented. I took an old code for this and never checked it again. Be patient, it's in todo list.

Blacksphere
2015-04-21, 22:24
Hi Cepi,
A few suggestions,if possible kindly make the online indicator for people online a bit bigger and please add 'Notifications' list like the one we have on N9.No hurries though,I am sure you have a lot of work yet to complete on the app.Thanks

meet.vino
2015-04-22, 01:27
@ KempeWeidenbaum: I don't know if this would help or if it is the correct procedure, but it always worked for me. Earlier when I was using Mitakuulluu 1, I moved to the official android Whatsapp, but was not able to able to send pictures as android didnt have access to the gallery. So I tried to switch back to Mitakuuluu, but was getting registration error, no matter what I tried. I installed android Whatsapp again, got registered and then installed Mitakuuluu and Mita was able to detect the Whatsapp account automatically.
Then upgraded to Mita ver. 2and when I recently switched to whatsup, I installed it while I still had my Mita ver 2 and I didnt have any registration problems. After my whatsup was installed and was found to be working fine, I uninstalled mita ver 2.
So, my suggestion is, have yourself registered via the official Android Whatsapp, install Cepi's whatsup and see if you are able to register / or if whatsup automatically detects the whatsapp account and if either works, then uninstall the official Whatsapp.

droll
2015-04-22, 02:51
i'm having a problem now. whatsup refuses to stratup. I see the spinning cover in the home page. when I launch it from the command line I see

[D] Utilities::logData:30 - Inserting message in database: BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:;Ch'ng Chee Wei;;;
FN:Ch'ng Chee Wei
TEL;type=CELL;type=VOICE:xxxxxxxxxx
END:VCARD - error

this error repeats itself endlessly.

I tried deleting the VCF and it reappeared again. This contact was attached in one of the messages and sent to me by a friend.

Is there anything I can do to recover the situation?

droll
2015-04-22, 03:33
i am guessing it has something to do with the messages (<phone number>.db) in /home/nemo/.whatsup folder and the some id or key field in /home/user/whatsup-log file. i'll try and see if I can find the message that has that VCF contact attached and I will try to delete that message from the messages db. any help here?

btw, I tried importing a contact into my phone contact from whatsup and it gets stuck in Sailfish OS showing importing VCF with the rotating circle.

droll
2015-04-22, 05:43
ok i figured out i cannot fix this problem. the vcf must be the one causing the issue and i suspect it is the apostrophe character screwing up your sqlite statement when you try to save it the db.

turns out the vcf attachment is not yet in the messages table. it was recently sent by a friend and it is still sitting on whatsapp servers with an undelivered status. everytime i fire up whatsup, it will attempt to download the vcf, and succeed. but it will fail when inserting it into messages table.

i had to register with android whatsapp again to receive the offending message. i am now waiting for 5 mins to elapse so i can launch whatsup again and reregister again.

Tualatin
2015-04-22, 11:12
CepiPerez thanks for your implementation of WhatsApp for Sailfish!!!
It was working very stable... But after update few days ago it started to freeze from time to time. It keeps reconnecting. What has changed?

This message I'm getting in log file:

Socket error: Connection closed by server.
Connection closed.
Stopping timers.
Freeing up the connection.
Freeing up the socket.
Retry the connection in 10 seconds.
Connection status: disconnected
Disconnection done

And why does whatsup process keeps eating 25-50% of CPU? :)

toki
2015-04-22, 22:29
had to uninstall whatsup and go back to the android whatsapp app.. due to the fact that for some odd reason whatsup was eating my data and even when on wifi.. it was killing my internet speed and ping...

everything went back to normal once I uninstalled whatsup :(

droll
2015-04-23, 03:29
i'm seeing a problematic behaviour now. whatsup disconnects when the phone goes to sleep after a while. it never used to do that. after I wiped out the cepiperez config folder and re-ran whatsup and reregistered, i'm now seeing this.

help??

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-25, 12:42
hi htheb i have installed whatsup on nexus for but the font is too small..how to change it?? and in addicition the name of contact overlay with some other items on conv...thanks

baboo
2015-04-25, 13:44
any word from Cepi for why the voice notes is not working?

HtheB
2015-04-25, 14:12

I think that you need to add the missing codecs from the warehouse

coderus
2015-04-25, 14:25

It's SailfishOS on Jolla can't play some audio types, it's not Cepi problem.

baboo
2015-04-25, 14:40
It's SailfishOS on Jolla can't play some audio types, it's not Cepi problem.

actually it was working fine in one of his old versions

coderus
2015-04-25, 14:43
actually it was working fine in one of his old versions

and of course you tried to play same audio note every time?

baboo
2015-04-25, 14:51
and of course you tried to play same audio note every time?
what do you mean ?

coderus
2015-04-25, 14:54
what do you mean ?

I mean same voice note which is worked before not working in latest whatsup?

baboo
2015-04-25, 14:59
I mean same voice note which is worked before not working in latest whatsup?
no i could'nt,i did reset my phone and lost all files,but i checked the whatsup folder and could not find any voice note(i received a lot of them) in that folder,only mp3's and images there
edit : voice notes are ther in .voice folder.they just dont play

m4r0v3r
2015-04-25, 16:31
a lotta of the elements overlap on the nexus 5, am unsure if thats something here, or its for Jolla to fix

coderus
2015-04-25, 16:44
a lotta of the elements overlap on the nexus 5, am unsure if thats something here, or its for Jolla to fix

Yes it is, developer should care about application scalability.

m4r0v3r
2015-04-25, 16:49
Yes it is, developer should care about application scalability.

well I thought Jollas update was supposed to make the icon resolution dependent, i take it it doesnt apply to elements as well?

coderus
2015-04-25, 17:21
well I thought Jollas update was supposed to make the icon resolution dependent, i take it it doesnt apply to elements as well?

of course no. icons are nothing.

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-25, 22:09
Coders, sorry but I am not sure to understand... So scalability of icon and elements, working in progress by Jolla, doesn't resolve problem like this with what's up? They are independent?

coderus
2015-04-25, 22:33
man, icons are just icons. you just get better quality of icon on different resolutions. jolla can't fix your bad designed layout of application :D

meet.vino
2015-04-30, 12:41
Hey, why is the keyboard in whatsup missing the return/Enter key?

carepack
2015-04-30, 12:46
Hey, why is the keyboard in whatsup missing the return/Enter key?

look for the option in settings

HtheB
2015-04-30, 23:35
Time for another update!

Beta version3 Whatsup 0.1-3 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12134784/whatsup-0.1-3.armv7hl.rpm)

Changelog:
- Added sending your Location
- Added sending Contact cards
- Fixed voice message playback

Thanks again CepiPerez for this update!

And again: Please don't hesitate to donate to CepiPerez, he deserves it :)

itdoesntmatt
2015-04-30, 23:49
uau thanku both! but what about scalability for enhancing font dimension on nexus 5? because it's too small maybe for bigger screen, can i fix it in some way?

youmeego
2015-05-02, 03:19
Will WhatsApp voice calling come to whatsup?

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-02, 15:47
Hi cepi, i cant heard .aac file audio sent and recorded by whatsapp..why?

coderus
2015-05-02, 16:20
Will WhatsApp voice calling come to whatsup?

I think no in this lifetime.

Hi cepi, i cant heard .aac file audio sent and recorded by whatsapp..why?

Ask Sailfish/Jolla developers why this phone cant play this file, not Cepi.

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-02, 17:04
so is not possible to implement aac (used by whatsapp)??? even with a codec or something like that (i dont understand anything of that)?

coderus
2015-05-02, 17:10
If you find, compile and install suitable codec yes, but actually only Jolla/Nemo maintainers can do it. And they should be aware of this: https://together.jolla.com/question/36731/cant-play-some-aac-files/

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-03, 10:55
coderus but you had voice implemented to mitakuluu, how was possibile??

PS: any news of mitkauluu3?

abyzthomas
2015-05-03, 13:42
CepiPerez,

Here are some screenshots made on Nexus 5.

It would be cool for you to look into it.

Thanks

asys3
2015-05-03, 19:19
I just installed Beta 3 and figured out that videos can't be played anymore. Nothing happens when selecting a video that was played with Beta2.
Tried reboot - no success.

Asys3

jolla-pirate
2015-05-03, 20:03
I just installed Beta 3 and figured out that videos can't be played anymore. Nothing happens when selecting a video that was played with Beta2.
Tried reboot - no success.

Asys3

I had the same but you can find the video in the gallery.

CepiPerez
2015-05-04, 12:42
Video playback is broken for 3gp files, but it's not a whatsup problem.

Did you guys updated to 1.1.4.28 or 29?
Something is broken in last updates (mime-types maybe)

EDIT: Confirmed, it's broken.

WORKAROUND: Use LLS Videoplayer as default videoplayer, just open terminal and type " xdg-mime default harbour-videoPlayer.desktop video/mp4" (as root)

okourkoulos
2015-05-07, 13:30
Done so, but:
" ...no such file or directory..."

coderus
2015-05-07, 13:59
did you installed LLS on your jolla?

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-07, 15:47
Cepi and for resizing/reflowing text for nexus 5? or at least enhance font dimension??

okourkoulos
2015-05-08, 08:00
did you installed LLS on your jolla?

Of course!

EvilTwin
2015-05-09, 22:38
Did I miss something, or are smilies still missing?
Just wondering :)

HtheB
2015-05-09, 23:49

You can install this 2 keyboards for Emoji support:
This is for Emoji support (installs also the fonts):
https://openrepos.net/content/penguin/emoji-keyboard
(Be sure to disable the Google analytics if you don't want it inside this keyboard app!)

If you want colorful emoji:
https://openrepos.net/content/saberaltria/dolphin-keyboard-english-color-emoji

vistaus
2015-05-10, 08:22

You can install Emoji keyboard or Dolphin Keyboard with the Emoji addon for that.

EvilTwin
2015-05-10, 12:06
You can install this 2 keyboards for Emoji support:
This is for Emoji support (installs also the fonts):
https://openrepos.net/content/penguin/emoji-keyboard
(Be sure to disable the Google analytics if you don't want it inside this keyboard app!)

If you want colorful emoji:
https://openrepos.net/content/saberaltria/dolphin-keyboard-english-color-emoji

Thx,
is there also a way to combine localized keyboard (german in my case) with the emoticon button? Stupid muscle memory makes me hit the wrong buttons all the time :D
Otherwise I just have to get used to it :)

HtheB
2015-05-11, 02:13
Thx,
is there also a way to combine localized keyboard (german in my case) with the emoticon button? Stupid muscle memory makes me hit the wrong buttons all the time :D
Otherwise I just have to get used to it :)

I should say: Ask the developer of the Dolphin Keyboard

baboo
2015-05-12, 21:16
voice notes are supposed to be fixed in latest version,well on my device its not.any one else or is it just me?

CepiPerez
2015-05-13, 03:45
@baboo:
It's working fine for me.
You need to install codecs from wharehouse (sorry I can't remember wich ones).

baboo
2015-05-13, 08:54
@baboo:
It's working fine for me.
You need to install codecs from wharehouse (sorry I can't remember wich ones).
thank you very much, i installed it

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-13, 09:32
Cepiperez thanks, but what for nexus 5 problem of scalability and reduced font due to bigger display?

CepiPerez
2015-05-13, 11:37
Cepiperez thanks, but what for nexus 5 problem of scalability and reduced font due to bigger display?It will take some time. I need to rewrite all qml files.
Can you email me to send you test versions?

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-13, 11:54
No problem but I'm not able to do it, how can I do? What do u mean?
Sorry I didn't understand, but know I do. I ve sent you my email by Pm

carepack
2015-05-13, 12:22
I could do it for nexus4 if it's appreciated. greetz

KempeWeidenbaum
2015-05-15, 10:56
Could do what for nexus 4?
I got one solely for SailfishOS (bit currently testing lollipop for battery life).
Whatsup works fine, you just have to type your number digit by digit, paste doesn't work. I can test anything, will just need one week or so to finish testing lollipop

purplewakanda
2015-05-16, 12:26
After updating to 1.1.4.29, contacts sync doesn't work technically. It shows contacts sync completed but new contacts are not being updated to the list. Can you please check into it?

aQUICK1
2015-05-16, 17:59
After updating to 1.1.4.29, contacts sync doesn't work technically. It shows contacts sync completed but new contacts are not being updated to the list. Can you please check into it?

U need to fully quit whatsup , restart and then sync , ur newly added contacts are now there!;)

asys3
2015-05-19, 17:18
I'm happy with whatsup and recognize coderus mitakuluu appearing at the horizon .
Will that mean we have 2 whatsup implementations on Sailfish or is mitakuluu the strategic solution and will replace whatsup?

Thanks for every info on that!

asys3

HtheB
2015-05-19, 19:35
I'm happy with whatsup and recognize coderus mitakuluu appearing at the horizon .
Will that mean we have 2 whatsup implementations on Sailfish or is mitakuluu the strategic solution and will replace whatsup?

Thanks for every info on that!

asys3

No, it wont replace Whatsup.
But this would mean that you could have 2 native and 1 android whatsapp client running on your phone.
So 3 different numbers on 1 phone :p

az2111
2015-05-19, 20:57
Hey there,

i noticed one thing, if i change "send read notifications" unter settings in whatsup all chats are changed to send a read notification or send not a read notification.
But not all, if i changed "enable read notifications" to "disable read notifications" in chatwindow before individual, these chats are not changed if i tick or untick "send read notification" under settings.

In the end i don't know which chat send a read notification and which doesn't.

Is it possible to make a icon in the chatwindow which shows if read notification is enabled or disabled.

Or another idea if i change "send message notification" under settings in whatsup, really all chats are changed included these ones which i set individual. Then name this option "send message notification for all chats"

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
az2111

Medolino2009
2015-05-20, 19:06
Thank you for great work CepiPerez. PayPal is getting you little something for your great work from me

Best regards

Miki

foufoutos
2015-05-20, 20:38
version 0.4 buggy a little :-/

cvp
2015-05-20, 21:10
0.4? i see only 0.3 and it works very good

Medolino2009
2015-05-20, 21:16
0.4 is less responsive at first , but after one day or so, it is working ok... (for me at least)

Medolino2009
2015-05-20, 21:19
0.4? i see only 0.3 and it works very good

you can find 0.4 on jolla fan club on facebook...

foufoutos
2015-05-20, 21:30
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q8eutkvsa9vrsa/whatsup-0.1-4.armv7hl.rpm

Makeclick
2015-05-20, 22:30
what is different on 0.4? I like smoothess so maybe i still use 0.3..

Ivase
2015-05-20, 23:00
Hi all! I've faced with a problem of re-registration of Whatsup. When I've already registered to one phone number I cannot change it to another. Application is remember the first registered user only.
Could anybody provide the procedure how to change the registration to another user (phone)? As an example, to exit the program then delete ./cache or config, etc...
Thank in advance

meet.vino
2015-05-21, 08:18
For some video files that I receive. 0.4 version shows "Oops cannot be displayed" in the conversation screen.

Can I go back to the previous version?

CepiPerez
2015-05-21, 11:24
Hey there,

i noticed one thing, if i change "send read notifications" unter settings in whatsup all chats are changed to send a read notification or send not a read notification.
But not all, if i changed "enable read notifications" to "disable read notifications" in chatwindow before individual, these chats are not changed if i tick or untick "send read notification" under settings.

In the end i don't know which chat send a read notification and which doesn't.

Is it possible to make a icon in the chatwindow which shows if read notification is enabled or disabled.

Or another idea if i change "send message notification" under settings in whatsup, really all chats are changed included these ones which i set individual. Then name this option "send message notification for all chats"

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
az2111I preffer the way it works now. You can enable/disable global read notification keeping it enabled/disabled for some contacts. It's not so hard to pull down and check if it's enabled.

what is different on 0.4? I like smoothess so maybe i still use 0.3..The only difference is nexus screens support.

Hi all! I've faced with a problem of re-registration of Whatsup. When I've already registered to one phone number I cannot change it to another. Application is remember the first registered user only.
Could anybody provide the procedure how to change the registration to another user (phone)? As an example, to exit the program then delete ./cache or config, etc...
Thank in advanceRename/remove /home/nemo/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf file.

For some video files that I receive. 0.4 version shows "Oops cannot be displayed" in the conversation screen.

Can I go back to the previous version?Can you tell me wich video formats have this issue?

meet.vino
2015-05-21, 12:35
Can you tell me wich video formats have this issue?

Its not a particular format of video that is not being displayed, I have this issues with some .mp4 and .3gp format videos, while other .mp4 and .3gp are displayed correctly. And I am very sure, this happened only after I upgraded to the latest version. And the audio files that I have received don't play too!

asys3
2015-05-21, 17:11
Same here. In 0.2 the same files are displayed without problems. So for me 0.2 is the most complete version actually.

Ivase
2015-05-21, 20:55
Rename/remove /home/nemo/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf file.

Hi Cepi, thanks for your response but it is not work. I've renamed conf file and started whatsup, then entered the new phone number and try to register. After few seconds I've got a message: "Registration error. Reason: Registration attempt too recent. Please".
What does it mean and why proposed way is doesn't work?

Alley
2015-05-23, 10:28
The fourth release works very well but for some reason my Group pictures are only shown as the default group picture. Thanks in advance.

foufoutos
2015-05-23, 16:04
ram drain on 0.4 = 17-33%
ram drain on 0.3 = 9-11%

only on me ?

vistaus
2015-05-23, 17:04
ram drain on 0.3 = 9-11%

only on me ?

I guess so 'cause I don't notice any more RAM drain in 0.4

Saurus
2015-05-24, 11:05
ram drain on 0.3 = 9-11%

only on me ?

I have also noticed that problem. Some Android apps keep crashing when trying to open them before I completely close whatsup. RAM drain right now is 15%.

Saurus
2015-05-24, 11:25
But hey... Where can I find the newest version of this app? I'm using version 0.1-3 found in the first post in this thread.

foufoutos
2015-05-24, 11:31
just look some post behind for my link

Saurus
2015-05-24, 11:37
Oh yes found it, thanks. Isn't there any page where all versions are listed? :)

vistaus
2015-05-24, 11:39
I do have the problem of Android apps not wanting to launch anymore but it also happens with Whatsup turned off :(

Saurus
2015-05-24, 11:49
There is still problem with changing profile picture. I can select picture from gallery and set it as profile picture but nothing happens and I still don't have a profile picture. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thaodan
2015-05-25, 16:44
When a notification incomes and notification sound is on the current played
audio/voice note is just muted not suspend is this whatsapps issue or sailfish fault?

btw: why the behavior wouldn't it be possible to play two audio streams?

Ivase
2015-05-25, 18:49
Hi Cepi, thanks for your response but it is not work. I've renamed conf file and started whatsup, then entered the new phone number and try to register. After few seconds I've got a message: "Registration error. Reason: Registration attempt too recent. Please".
What does it mean and why proposed way is doesn't work?

Now it works! First of all delete the program.
Then I've renamed three files:
1. home/nemo/.whatsup/(7...tel.#...).db
2. home/nemo/Whatsup/.backup/whatsup.conf
3. home/nemo/.config/cepiperez/whatsup.conf
And you should install application and register whatsup as usual.
Have a goodluck all!
Thanks Cepi for a great application for Sailfish OS!

Thaodan
2015-05-25, 22:02
I also noticed that voice message sometimes go to the wrong person.
PM me if you want the log where this happened

HtheB
2015-05-29, 14:37
Teaser time!

Whatsup will have a new UI.
Contains a lot of bug fixes.

There are still a couple things to fix untill a new build will be out.
But I think that Whatsup is pretty stable after this, so it will be available soon on OpenRepos :)

vistaus
2015-05-29, 14:41
Very un-Sailfish-like :(

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-29, 14:58
very beautiful but remember to cepi adaptation for nexus 5 like previous build

HtheB
2015-05-29, 15:15
Very un-Sailfish-like :(

There were TOO many stuff and menus , especially on the pulley menu. Not everything was fitting right, this is maybe the right solution.
:)

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-29, 15:29
i agree only think i would change is hamburgers menu icon.

CepiPerez
2015-05-29, 19:30
Very un-Sailfish-like :(I know, but it's hard to think where to put all options.
Pull down menu with more than 3 items looks really ugly and it's not handy.
This is the only solution I have right now, if you have a better idea please share

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-29, 19:49
cepi maybe it would be better some button on bottom,cause it is more handy to use? you can use bottom pull up menu,in addition ,like other apps..how much option have to be redistributed on the ui?

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-29, 19:55
or maybe for things that are not usually used or not frequently you can set ,between option in pull down menu, the voice menu " other feature" ( or "more option ")

i see that option in hAmburger new button would be 7.. so u could set three on pull down menu,three on the pull up menu ( maybe ones less used) and blocked contact only in contact section. some option are actually redundant ...like media gallery in every section ..maybe its just enough in the main one

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-29, 20:07
or maybe for things that are not usually used or not frequently you can set ,between option in pull down menu, the voice menu " other feature" ( or "more option ")

i see that option in hAmburger new button would be 7.. so u could set three on pull down menu,three on the pull up menu ( maybe ones less used) and blocked contact only in contact section. some option are actually redundant ...like media gallery in every section ..maybe its just enough in the main one like this file i have attached ( cargo dock app)

Thaodan
2015-05-29, 21:04
what about:
main page:
pully menu:
settings (all except new group and broad cast).
Swipe left:
Last Chat
Swipe right:
New Chat
Pully Menu:
New Group
New Broadcast

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-29, 21:11
what about:
main page:
pully menu:
settings (all except new group and broad cast).
Swipe left:
Last Chat
Swipe right:
New Chat
Pully Menu:
New Group
New Broadcast

why last chat? it would be useless if in the while receive a message from another contact ..i suppose it would be more comfortable and natural swipe left list of chats( main page )

Thaodan
2015-05-29, 23:26
just thought, as an idea how to use booth swipes.

HtheB
2015-05-30, 01:28
Believe me, you guys would find his UI very great :)
Its also very smooth! :)

vistaus
2015-05-30, 06:51

Not really. If that's gonna be the new UI then I'm switching to Mitakuuluu again. I was gonna try and stick it out with Whatsup this time around but with that new UI I'm not gonna go back to good ol' Mitakuuluu.

243kof
2015-05-30, 07:08
I like the new UI. It's not that different anyway! :)

HtheB
2015-05-30, 09:52
Not really. If that's gonna be the new UI then I'm switching to Mitakuuluu again. I was gonna try and stick it out with Whatsup this time around but with that
new UI I'm not gonna go back to good ol' Mitakuuluu.
Go ahead, no one is stopping you :)
UI of mitakuuluu has similair things ;)

coderus
2015-05-30, 10:07
Go ahead, no one is stopping you :)
UI of mitakuuluu has similair things ;) http://www.troll.me/images/creepy-willy-wonka/please-tell-me-more.jpg

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-30, 10:50
no apps war here. ahahahhaa. however thankyou to both for great works ...even if i don't understand the real sense of making two different apps when it would be possible to join forces to built something even better...it sounds me bad for a community, but i can understand since is a typical human behaviour.

coderus
2015-05-30, 10:55
No app wars of course, but HtheB telling wrong things about Mitakuuluu :)

HtheB
2015-05-30, 11:03
No app wars of course, but HtheB telling wrong things about Mitakuuluu :)
I said similar, not 'exactly the same' ;)
Mitakuuluu has also a 'main menu' with all items listed.

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-30, 11:06
coderus, the textsecure protocol that you have (wonderfully) implemented, is open and available for a hypotetic ( and hoped, from my point of view) implementation even in whatsup? thank you, and go on!!

coderus
2015-05-30, 11:13
I said similar, not 'exactly the same' ;)
Mitakuuluu has also a 'main menu' with all items listed.

Sure, tell me more, i like reading interesting stories about Mitakuuluu :)

coderus, the textsecure protocol that you have (wonderfully) implemented, is open and available for a hypotetic ( and hoped, from my point of view) implementation even in whatsup? thank you, and go on!!

everything i do is opensource.
https://github.com/CODeRUS/libaxolotl
https://github.com/CODeRUS/libaxolotl-curve

Also Qt libwa library in development, it's fully integrated with axolotl encryption. It's a bit messy code because i'm developing and using it alone, but if anyone want to use it in other projects (its not depends on Sailfish) it may became a very cool library. Also it better to continue this conversation in different thread :)

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-30, 11:22
i love you even more.....you are such a great developer..

coderus
2015-05-30, 11:25
Also i really have nothing against developing one better client in cooperation, but we're never talked about it :)

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-30, 11:35
lets talk about....i promise and i suppose even others would agree, to donate double to all if there would be active collaboration with improved features..less time,more feature,more money..so lets make meetakulup ahah

243kof
2015-05-30, 11:48
It's not that simple. I think it's hard to find two programmers with matching development styles so that they can work together efficiently. Most often they will disagree on implementation ideas, feature prioritization etc. I have nothing against it of course ;)

HtheB
2015-05-30, 12:01
ok guys, lets stay on topic again pls :)

Thaodan
2015-05-30, 13:36

I go the new I didn't like it, the pully menu for the load more chat was much better for example.
But fastscroll would be much better.

I didn't like the new sidebar, it would be better if the main page would be more minimalistic.

In my opionion the conversation title is useless.

EDIT: the new german translation of disable read status is to large and doesn't fit in the pully menu.

CepiPerez
2015-05-30, 14:56
I go the new I didn't like it, the pully menu for the load more chat was much better for example.
But fastscroll would be much better.

I didn't like the new sidebar, it would be better if the main page would be more minimalistic.

In my opionion the conversation title is useless.

EDIT: the new german translation of disable read status is to large and doesn't fit in the pully menu.
1) Load more was added because old one doesn't work anymore in latest update (I'm on 1.1.6.22). I don't like it too, I'm still thinking how to make it better.
2) I don't like sidebar, but a pulley menu with more than 4 items looks a lot worst and it's not nice to pull a lot in landscape mode.
3) title is useless? are you serious? All sailfish native apps has a title

az2111
2015-05-30, 15:09
Where can I get the new .rpm file?

itdoesntmatt
2015-05-30, 15:30
and cepi for previously suggested solutions wha you think?

Thaodan
2015-05-30, 15:31
1) Load more was added because old one doesn't work anymore in latest update (I'm on 1.1.6.22). I don't like it too, I'm still thinking how to make it better.
2) I don't like sidebar, but a pulley menu with more than 4 items looks a lot worst and it's not nice to pull a lot in landscape mode.
3) title is useless? are you serious? All sailfish native apps has a title

I just mean I don't like the page title, as its very large and as there's already an icon that does the same.

Wouldn't it be possivle to make scrolll work like in the messenger app? (without any menus).

For me the old menu worked fine.

CepiPerez
2015-05-30, 15:35
I just mean I don't like the page title, as its very large and as there's already an icon that does the same.

Wouldn't it be possivle to make scrolll work like in the messenger app? (without any menus).

For me the old menu worked fine.You mean load more when you get the fist item, right?
Latest sailfish update has something different, old load more stopped working. Also notifications lost their pictures

Thaodan
2015-05-30, 16:05
You mean load more when you get the fist item, right?
Latest sailfish update has something different, old load more stopped working. Also notifications lost their pictures

Yes I mean, wich update do I missed something?
Maybe you can look at the code of the message app from jolla how the implement fast scroll?

emgaron
2015-05-31, 22:41
Since this seems to be the thread to ask questions about WhatsUp... One of the biggest gripes I have with WhatsApp is that I have to give them access to my complete address book (including non-WhatsApp users) when I want to use WhatsApp - that's the main reason I'm not using it.

Hence my question: Does WhatsUp allow for some control over which contacts I allow WhatsApp to see?

Thanks in advance,
emgaron

TMavica
2015-06-01, 08:27
Maybe you can look at the code of the message app from jolla how the implement fast scroll?

He mean sailfish 1.1.6

coderus
2015-06-01, 08:31

Fastscrool is system feature, it doesnt require developer implementation. In my application i have none of this problems, using latest unreleased sailfishos also.
CepiPerez, i can tell you what problem with your code if you describe it.

joshinho
2015-06-01, 12:25
When I try to download Beta3 I get error 404 from dropbox. Are the files down intentionally or can you please fix it, CepiPerez?

Can't wait to try it out! :D