Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Bug:

Ended a call and received a message at that moment, clicked on the notification and the phone was acting weird. It showed me only a miniature of everything, including desktop.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
1: You have a downgraded version of advanced-power-common that is blocking apt-get updates. You will need to download and install via "dpkg -i" version 0.4.5-3 of advanced-power-common. Don't worry, you can download and install your current 0.4.5-4 version again after you've done your apt-get updates.
Actually it was the opposite - he has 0.4.5-3, apt-get wants 0.4.5-4. So you got downgraded right, just told him the wrong version number.

Originally Posted by cddiede
2. You have a downgraded version of hildon-desktop that is blocking apt-get updates. You will need to download and install via "dpkg -i" version 1:2.2.142-13 of hildon-desktop. Don't worry, you can download and install your current 1:2.2.140-1+0m5 version again after you've done your apt-get updates.
In this case, you got both mixed - he has an upgraded version: the package depends on 1:2.2.140-1+0m5, and he has 1:2.2.142-13. (As I said before @CSSU folk: wtf? Do you really need a dependency on a specific version? Can't you make it depend on ≥1:2.2.140+0m5, rather than just =1:2.2.140+0m5?)

Originally Posted by cddiede
3. No, the status menus does not work in portrait mode. It's too wide to display and can't scale like the power menu button can.
Actually, while this is true for stock status menu, hildon-status-menu has had portrait mode supporting patches available for a while now (if I recall correctly, thanks to MohammadAG), and includes portrait mode support in the CSSU for it. It might be that the amount of rows to show set in gconf is wrong, but then he should be able to scroll inside what status menu elements are shown.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Oh, while I remember, if you're adding the option to scroll vertically or horizontally in portrait mode, why not add it to landscape as well? Those who don't want the option aren't effected so long as default behavior is preserved, and those who do get it. You obviously already have the code to enable either option, since you're implementing it for portrait orientation, so it should be only minimal effort to provide the option for landscape too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
what does the changelog look like?
just installed the update hd_18_07_2011.deb, but couldnt spot any differences^^

i cannot install it...helpp~~..can anyone private message me and help??thanks~

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Only minor changes, http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=186

i did install it. if i type apt-get upgrade it says upgrade hildon dekstop.if i upgrade it den the new potrait is gone.so i shud never upgrade dat?

Originally Posted by zifis View Post
This is my first "dual orientation" background. set it to all your desktops an it loops both ways
Nice one, could you post a version with only the hexagons?

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i did install it. if i type apt-get upgrade it says upgrade hildon dekstop.if i upgrade it den the new potrait is gone.so i shud never upgrade dat?
No, not /never/ - just don't upgrade it until it's included in the CSSU and you're upgraded to CSSU (if you're not currently).

This is why people shouldn't run 'apt-get upgrade' if they don't understand how apt-get/dpkg versioning and behaviors work, and others shouldn't recommend 'apt-get upgrade'.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
No, not /never/ - just don't upgrade it until it's included in the CSSU and you're upgraded to CSSU (if you're not currently).

This is why people shouldn't run 'apt-get upgrade' if they don't understand how apt-get/dpkg versioning and behaviors work, and others shouldn't recommend 'apt-get upgrade'.
yes this is correct...i lost my HPD cause "apt-get upgrade"....i have to re-install HD again then install this HPD to make thing works again...