Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
MeeFolders 0.0.4 is now available.

Changelog:

* Reverted back to using original desktop files.
* Removed back button from folders.
* Fixed issues with character encoding.
* Added loading indicator when an application is launched.

Again, all existing folders will be removed. This should be the last time that this is necessary.

Debian package is available from http://ubuntuone.com/3sqokjfEvFGL63nCba9ULe

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Thanks! I can confirm that umlauts work in 0.0.4 and the umlauted folder does open.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Before testing this, I want to get rid of the last pesky icon that I don't want to see on the app screen, which is created by the SIM card on every boot of the phone. It's a .desktop file in /home/user/.local/share/applications, and either deleting it, renaming it, or appending NotShowIn=X-MeeGo; to it would make the icon go away.

I am trying to write a startup script to do that, which only needs to run with user privileges I think, and which if I understand correctly would need to be in /etc/init/apps. However I can't get a script together that will actually run after boot - it appears I guess that aegis is preventing it, but I can't figure it out. There are other third party scripts in that directory and I've tried following their structure, to no avail.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
MeeFolders 0.0.4 is now available.

Changelog:

* Reverted back to using original desktop files.
* Removed back button from folders.
* Fixed issues with character encoding.
* Added loading indicator when an application is launched.
Does it also now show icons in the add icon page from .desktop files that have had NotShowIn=X-MeeGo; appended? I'd like to know before testing as otherwise recreating my folders will be a bit of work.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Does it also now show icons in the add icon page from .desktop files that have had NotShowIn=X-MeeGo; appended? I'd like to know before testing as otherwise recreating my folders will be a bit of work.
Yes. I see stuff like Yandex and Baidu which are not visible normally.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Problem to fix :
- some icons are not shown, like "Bambuser", "Bedside", "Circus", "KAlgebra", "OperaMobile", "Space Blok", etc;

Suggestion :
- show the icons in alphabetical order in add view and in folders.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
Problem to fix :
- some icons are not shown, like "Bambuser", "Bedside", "Circus", "KAlgebra", "OperaMobile", "Space Blok", etc;

Suggestion :
- show the icons in alphabetical order in add view and in folders.
If icons are not shown, it must be because MDesktopEntry::isValid() returns false.

I can show the icons in alphabetical order in the add view, but I don't want to do it elsewhere, as it would override the order that the user has chosen.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
If icons are not shown, it must be because MDesktopEntry::isValid() returns false.
Sorry, I don't understand your comment.

It seems the 'appname' whose icons are not show have 'appname.desktop' files with 'Icon=' without full pathname, e.g., 'Icon=spaceblok'.

I can show the icons in alphabetical order in the add view, but I don't want to do it elsewhere, as it would override the order that the user has chosen.
The add view with alphabetical order would be very useful.

For user folders, maybe an option in 'Settings' to override the order to alphabetical order.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Is there a way of manually reordering icons in the folders without having to delete and re-add them? It would be great if a future update could provide a way to re-order icons, but failing that, if there are config files somewhere that can be manually edited it would be much appreciated to have some info about that.

Possible make option: if i add app to folder it will be hidden from main screen. if i remove it will be restore to main screen.

Tags
folders, organise