Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Did you see any calls in the call log, what I mean was the phone just silent? Just a word of warning about the rules as you described up there: setting cell id and WLAN to the same rule rarely makes sense. That kind of rule means both conditions must much, that you're in one of the specified Cell Ids AND you're connected to the specified WLAN. It's not that either of the conditions being true will make the rule active.

Anyway there's no way ProfileMatic can make your phone not receive calls (except by turning on flight mode, but uninstalling ProfileMatic would not resolve the issue in that case), so whatever it was I doubt it was caused by ProfileMatic. But if you can reproduce it and let me know the exact situation and what rules you had, I can try and reproduce it myself.

Anyway I will also be testing the power saving mode etc. more on my phone, but so far I have seen no problems.
The problem I faced (incoming calls could not go through) is fixed in 1.5.0 RC2.

Thanks!!

The Following User Says Thank You to thanyapat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
And now it's fixed and the URL is back. Sorry about my earlier fumbling with the fix. I'll just blame my children for distracting me in the critical moments :-).

And thanks again to chillip for his work on the Availability and the fixes!

Please let us know Tonyk that this version fixes your issues. At least in my testing it did.
I have now used it for couple of days and I haven't got any issues so far.
Thanks to both of you, ajalkane and chillip!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tonyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Just bought the N9 this week after two years of N900. Installed ProfileMatic 1.4 yesterday from the store, just deinstalled it to make way for 1.5.3.

I noticed a change in Avg Idle Consumption. Without ProfileMatic it is 9 mA, with it: 16 mA. I even got a warning from Battery Usage about the increase. I only had one profile running, all days 23:00-07:00 Silence, Flight Mode and Power Save Mode.

That did not do exactly what I hoped, but I'll try the new version to check it out.

What a great UI the N9 has btw! And thank you ajalkane for improving it.

Ajalkane: Have you thought about adding a condition based on the current active access point? So that the condition parameters would contain a set of access points (wlan or 3g) from your saved access points. At least I would like to automate the account availability that way. At the moment I have to manually switch some of them to offline state, when I'm using a 3G connection. Even a condition based on the current connection type (3g/wlan) would be enough.

Last edited by Jare; 2012-03-19 at 00:12.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I noticed a change in Avg Idle Consumption. Without ProfileMatic it is 9 mA, with it: 16 mA. I even got a warning from Battery Usage about the increase. I only had one profile running, all days 23:00-07:00 Silence, Flight Mode and Power Save Mode.
I have used Energy Profiler, and haven't seen any large bump in energy consumption with ProfileMatic.

ProfileMatic is event based. For the kind of rule you have made, it means ProfileMatic wakes up only twice during one day (at 23:00 and at 07:00) to do anything. It's hard to see how it could cause any noticeable difference in the average energy consumption.

Are you sure it wasn't something else running in the background that caused it?

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jare View Post
Ajalkane: Have you thought about adding a condition based on the current active access point? So that the condition parameters would contain a set of access points (wlan or 3g) from your saved access points. At least I would like to automate the account availability that way. At the moment I have to manually switch some of them to offline state, when I'm using a 3G connection. Even a condition based on the current connection type (3g/wlan) would be enough.
I haven't, but I'll write that down. If I understood correctly, a condition on connection type (3g/2g/WLAN) should be enough, as you can get the access point specifics if you want by combining it with WLAN rule.

Very cool you have decided to include custom actions via scripts. Thanks a lot! Now I can control my lights and other things with ProfileMatic, too.

A small improvement would be to include a "test script" button in the custom script window, if I may suggest.

Have you considered adding "[some] alarm is active" as a condition?

For example: I have set ProfileMatic to silence the phone from 23.00 to 6.00, ringing 40% from 6.00 to 7.00 and ringing 100% from 7.00 to 16.00 on workdays. I have a recurring alarm for workdays also, which I enable/disable depending on whether I'm actually going to work the following day. If ProfileMatic would see if that alarm is active, I could set the rules and actions accordingly.

Edit: ... or maybe there could be an active alarm with perhaps a specific name to act as a trigger for ProfileMatic. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.

Last edited by slarti; 2012-03-19 at 10:05.

Posts: 198 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Dubrovnik, Croatia
one, but, at least for me, very important suggestion - beside these time/wlan/cellid conditions it'd be very nice to be able to switch among Your very customizable profiles manually... everything to stay just as it is, only an option to be added - to be able to activate profiles just by tapping its name on the list.

or make it as a different app... (would pay for it)

[tw] @kegnatz

Originally Posted by slarti View Post
A small improvement would be to include a "test script" button in the custom script window, if I may suggest.
I like that idea because I think it's easy to make mistake when inserting a script there. But I struggled to think how it could be reasonably implemented. Do you have any suggestions?

Have you considered adding "[some] alarm is active" as a condition?

For example: I have set ProfileMatic to silence the phone from 23.00 to 6.00, ringing 40% from 6.00 to 7.00 and ringing 100% from 7.00 to 16.00 on workdays. I have a recurring alarm for workdays also, which I enable/disable depending on whether I'm actually going to work the following day. If ProfileMatic would see if that alarm is active, I could set the rules and actions accordingly.

Edit: ... or maybe there could be an active alarm with perhaps a specific name to act as a trigger for ProfileMatic. I hope you understand what I'm getting at.
Thanks for the use case... I can see it could be useful. I'll write it down, but implementing it depends how easily (if at all) the alarm information is available to applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
one, but, at least for me, very important suggestion - beside these time/wlan/cellid conditions it'd be very nice to be able to switch among Your very customizable profiles manually... everything to stay just as it is, only an option to be added - to be able to activate profiles just by tapping its name on the list.

or make it as a different app... (would pay for it)
I would like such custom profiles also. But it will need to be another application, it does not fit into what ProfileMatic does. Good news is that ProfileMatic supports custom profiles if they have been defined.