Active Topics

@ajalkane
check this app:
http://my-meego.com/software/applica...Auto=594&faq=1
"This app will run in the background and store the last tag type and UID for you. "

i don't test it so i don't know if don't show any kind of messange when running in background you tag

i don't find the link to the source code , i just find this at google:

http://projects.developer.nokia.com/nfcinfo/

but i think not the same app.

Not sure whether you looked at this application. It seems this author has done lot of work on NFC. He might have already resolved this problem?

http://www.nfcinteractor.com/contact/

Source code is available
https://projects.developer.nokia.com...ractor/browser

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I have looked at both of those applications, and they have the background behaviour I described.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
profilematic doesn't work for me. Don't know why. I only want to use simple profile rules set by TIME to change my ringin profile. But rules don't apply. They apply just one time. Then no more.

suggestion: include conditions such as when phone is plug into charger?

also, is it possible to switch to 3g when the certain apps are being run? Example browser, facebook app etc.

lastly, add an option to enable auto switching to 3g when the phone attempts to download feeds or email?

tks for the great app!

Originally Posted by patocr View Post
profilematic doesn't work for me. Don't know why. I only want to use simple profile rules set by TIME to change my ringin profile. But rules don't apply. They apply just one time. Then no more.
Can you post a screenshot of your rules or describe them in detail?

Originally Posted by snowparang View Post
suggestion: include conditions such as when phone is plug into charger?
Thanks for the feedback. I'll most likely include this in the future as it's been asked many times.

also, is it possible to switch to 3g when the certain apps are being run? Example browser, facebook app etc.
Perhaps. If there's a dbus event when those applications are launched or some other non-polling method to detect it (I haven't studied if its possible), then I could consider it.

lastly, add an option to enable auto switching to 3g when the phone attempts to download feeds or email?
This would be problematic, as switching from 2g to 3g cuts momentarily the connection. So the feed would fail to update probably.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Can you post a screenshot of your rules or describe them in detail?
One time ago, a version worked flawlessly.
But then i started updating, and it stopped. Hopes were allways on update. Never came. This time it worked! Only for a week.
The one and only "tweak" i have is Faster9N, and i just installed it 2 weeks ago.
No oc, no homescreensettings, no nothing. 16gb cyan n9.

Ill describe my rules:

1 Rule Name : "Croatian"
"Silent when 20:00 - 21:30 lunes" (lunes = mondays)
2 Name "Codos"
"Silent when 07:00 - 11:00 miércoles" (wednesdays)
3 "Barilari"
"Silent when 14:00 - 17:00 lunes"

No default rule stablished
all rules with Restore previous profile.

The Following User Says Thank You to patocr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by patocr View Post
Ill describe my rules:

1 Rule Name : "Croatian"
"Silent when 20:00 - 21:30 lunes" (lunes = mondays)
2 Name "Codos"
"Silent when 07:00 - 11:00 miércoles" (wednesdays)
3 "Barilari"
"Silent when 14:00 - 17:00 lunes"

No default rule stablished
all rules with Restore previous profile.
Thanks. I will try to reproduce and fix this problem to the next ProfileMatic release. There was one other user who said that his time based rules worked only for one week, and then stopped working. Maybe this is the same problem, but I have to try reproduce it first.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Hello guys! first of all, thanks for creating this useful aplication, and second, yes, a request for help
Accuweather has some problem not udating in events feed, so in the related thread about this problem, they suggest to execute this code
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/msyncd
but sadly this doesn't work for me, i have a rule when all days from 1:00 - 11:00 enter flight mode, silent and power saving on (restore all this to previous profile) and the above code when this rule deactivate. All the previous actions work fine, but i can't get accuweather to work, unless i open the app, but i don't know how to run it from terminal, ps or top doesn't help me much.
Can anyone of you have a clue about how to get accuweather to update by himself?