Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
Hi there, I have noticed that my N9 sometimes doesn't switch to Wi-Fi automatically (I have to manually select the Wi-Fi network and click Connect button), and upon closer inspection I think I have found the root cause: in my active Profilematic ruleset I have set an action to turn on power savings. In this mode, it seems my N9 never has a chance to detect the Wi-Fi network, so the phone stays on 2G/3G. I think this is the cause because when I delete the action to enable power savings, then the phone switches to Wi-Fi automatically as expected.

Is there a way to reliably connect to Wi-Fi when I set an action to enable power savings?
When device in power saving mode, it doesn't scan for near-by WiFi access points (or if it does, much seldom than in normal mode) - so naturally it won't connect automatically to them either.

It is probably possible for you to create a script that forces WiFi scanning, but I don't know the details.

Hi ajalkane, not sure if this is already requested but is there a way to enable/disable following of rules e.g. via terminal? I was wondering if MAG or coderus could create status menu toggle for turning rules on/off quickly when needed. See e.g. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85816

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
Hi ajalkane, not sure if this is already requested but is there a way to enable/disable following of rules e.g. via terminal? I was wondering if MAG or coderus could create status menu toggle for turning rules on/off quickly when needed. See e.g. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85816
That can be done using D-Bus.

Following rules off:

Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=org.ajalkane.profilematic /org/ajalkane/profilematic org.ajalkane.profilematic.setActive boolean:false
Following rules on:

Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=org.ajalkane.profilematic /org/ajalkane/profilematic org.ajalkane.profilematic.setActive boolean:true

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Thanks! what about quering current status of rules...are they on or off?

Originally Posted by Jaykie View Post
Thanks! what about quering current status of rules...are they on or off?
Probably like this (I'm unable to test it now):
Code:
dbus-send --session --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.ajalkane.profilematic /org/ajalkane/profilematic org.ajalkane.profilematic.isActive
There is also a DBus signal "activeChanged(boolean)" sent when its changed.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
Code:
echo rootme|devel-su -c "/sbin/shutdown -h now"
is not work in ”Custom action”

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
When device in power saving mode, it doesn't scan for near-by WiFi access points (or if it does, much seldom than in normal mode) - so naturally it won't connect automatically to them either.

It is probably possible for you to create a script that forces WiFi scanning, but I don't know the details.
Thanks, ajalkane. It would be so wonderful if you could find a way to add an Action to connect to a wireless network . That way, I can add a rule to connect to the office Wi-Fi, then a second rule to turn on power savings if connection type = Wi-Fi.

Last edited by 10basetom; 2012-08-04 at 05:25.

Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
Thanks, ajalkane. It would be so wonderful if you could find a way to add an Action to connect to a wireless network . That way, I can add a rule to connect to the office Wi-Fi, then a second rule to turn on power savings if connection type = Wi-Fi.
Power saving mode will disable background connections so whats the point of the wifi part?

Better off enabling GSM only when connected to wifi That will save heaps of power

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Power saving mode will disable background connections so whats the point of the wifi part?

Better off enabling GSM only when connected to wifi That will save heaps of power
I do not need the background connections -- what I would like is to use Wi-Fi when I need to (i.e., when I surf the web). I noticed that as long as you connect to Wi-Fi first, then turn on power savings, then even when power savings turns off the Wi-Fi (when unused for a period of time), then whenever you need to access the internet the Wi-Fi would be used. Right now, because of power savings, I find that sometimes the Wi-Fi connection is never established, so after I enable power savings and I need to use the internet, 2G is used instead of Wi-Fi, which is too slow. Hope that makes sense LOL.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
At first, thanks for this great app!

Since the last update I have switched to condition "Internet connection = WLAN". but somehow it doesn't seem to be very reliable. Often the associated settings (like switching on my sip account) don't trigger when the wlan is connected. Any Idea what the problem could be? Anyone else seeing this?
Is there a way to produce meaningfull logs or error messages that might help to debug this?

And second: It seems CODeRUS has found a way to switch the background connections setting that actually works in his Status Menu Extensions. Maybe he can tell how he did it so we can get this option back and working in Profilematic?

Thanks again!
seiichiro0185

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post: