Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Deb & Ian's dooryard
What a great application, thank you for maintaining it Saturn.
I've just cracked my WRT-54G Router with tomato firmware and it only took 5 minutes to get 45000 IVs. Had no luck on it with wifite and injection, only got 90 IVs after one hour.

Sometimes I come across WEP secured routers when repairing the computers or network of acquaintances and I think this will get very handy to quickly show what can be done with a smart Smartphone.

I'm looking forward to watch their reaction.

Last edited by conred; 2012-08-05 at 19:54.

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I have noticed there is an issue with selecting an AP that its name has accented letters. e.g. like ΄ or ¨ that some languages have (Scandinavian, French, Greek etc.)
Can it be this case?

If you look in the small info box (that shows the Name, MAC, Channel, etc.) if the name and MAC is from the one you want to select. If it is shown there, then you can be sure it will be those parameters that will be used.
No, no odd characters in SSID that I've seen. I'm in the US. I've found weirdness in many different locations.

OK, so I powered up My N900 so I could give you examples. I run Cleven, set up the drivers, set the scan to 20, and hold it out my windows. Oddly enough, in the WEP and WPA lists, every access point is doubled (It shows in the list twice). Never saw that before. The WPS list is normal. OK, from the WPS list, I select the first one, and the name, MAC, and CH don't change. I select one of the others, and it works. I again select the first one on the list, and it shows the previously selected one. The 4th one down the list does the same thing. The first one is only lower case letters, while the fourth has an upper case first letter, but the rest lowercase. They are both 5 characters long. There are a total of 11 AP's here. This isn't the problem I've been having, just what I observed from a quick check. I'll play with it more to see if I can replicate the issues, but it looks like Injection is working OK. OOPS. Spoke too soon. The IV's got to about 3900, and now the Authentication window is saying:
15:38:50 Sending Authentication Request (Open System) (ACK)
15:38:50 Got a Deauthentication Packet! (Waiting xx Seconds)

If I kill the Inject window, it authenticates within 15 seconds or so. If I don't kill it, it never re-authenticates.

As a quick update, I did another scan, and now three AP's don't 'Activate' when clicked, the first two original ones, and a third one. I also noticed AP's with a space in the name get truncated after the space. So, 'Joe Blow' shows up as 'Joe' in the list. If I select it, the information below shows the full 'Joe Blow'.

Originally Posted by Empéror View Post
@the_envy: there are plenty to download files for dependencies and dont have much idea on it... can you make a link for what to download for one last favor...

P.S. i am glad that you help a noobie. Thank You, the_envy
well, all the dependencies are installed automatically, just make sure you have letest Kernel-Power and all extras- repositories enabled when you are installing Cleven

cold anyone please explain me about WPS type of security, which appeared in latest version of Cleven?

The Following User Says Thank You to the_envy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Coimbatore, India
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Release of cleven 4.1-1 in extras-devel

This version (should be available in few minutes) expects (but do not enforce) KP51.
In short, provides proper support for reaver and wash through the release of pali.
All previous workarounds that required to compile and copy the binaries is not needed any more.

To casual users: Please allow people with more experience to test it first before you upgrade. I have not tested it with all possible combinations and the major changes might break your system. Recommended is to use the version in stable repository or if you feel adventurous the testing repository.

Changes:
  • NEW: Added dependency to the newly distributed reaver package.
  • CHANGE: Removed earlier workaround code to copy and configure reaver binaries.
  • CHANGE: Modified the postintall and postremove scripts to remove workarounds in the setup.
  • CHANGE: Modified calls to execute reaver and wash binaries.
  • NEW: Added Pali in the credits. Thanks.

INSTRUCTIONS:

• To override the autodiscovery of the drivers location and use the default, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipKernelCheck
  • To skip the kernel check in the startup, create an empty file in /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
    Code:
    touch /home/user/.cleven/skipVersionCheck
WARNING: This version will work only with Kernel-Power version 51 and above.
Thanks Saturn. I have KP50. earlier cleven version was working properly. but accidentally w/o reading ur post I updated to this new version which will support only KP51 and above. i created a mess. pl let me know how to go back to my earlier version. thanks in advance. i am a noob using cleven.

EDIT: I understood from wiki that support to older KPs including KP50 has been dropped. request you to attach the weblink for the earlier version of 4.1-1. thanks in advance.

Last edited by bharathkumarst; 2012-08-06 at 14:57. Reason: problem status update

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by bharathkumarst View Post
Thanks Saturn. I have KP50. earlier cleven version was working properly. but accidentally w/o reading ur post I updated to this new version which will support only KP51 and above. i created a mess. pl let me know how to go back to my earlier version. thanks in advance. i am a noob using cleven.

EDIT: I understood from wiki that support to older KPs including KP50 has been dropped. request you to attach the weblink for the earlier version of 4.1-1. thanks in advance.
1. Uninstall cleven
2. Disable devel repo
3. Install cleven

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by the_envy View Post
well, all the dependencies are installed automatically, just make sure you have letest Kernel-Power and all extras- repositories enabled when you are installing Cleven

cold anyone please explain me about WPS type of security, which appeared in latest version of Cleven?
im terribly sorry for asking you again the_envy... which kernel-power will i use? there are 47,48,49,50 and latest 51. can you make a URL for specific KP? and how to enable extra-repo? please one more help just this one.

i know i bother you a lot. im sorry.

Hi Saturn, I would like to use cleven, but I don't succeed. I prefer to use things in extra so I installed kernel power 50. I think I succeeded in doing that because uname -r gives the right output as in the kernel power wiki.
But cleven (the one in extra repository) says that it's not found a compatible kernel version for injection drivers. Have you any ideas in order to make it work? I would prefer not to put KP51 since it's unstable.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Patroclo View Post
Hi Saturn, I would like to use cleven, but I don't succeed. I prefer to use things in extra so I installed kernel power 50. I think I succeeded in doing that because uname -r gives the right output as in the kernel power wiki.
But cleven (the one in extra repository) says that it's not found a compatible kernel version for injection drivers. Have you any ideas in order to make it work? I would prefer not to put KP51 since it's unstable.
I'm not infront of a pc to check, but from memory the version in extras-testing should work for you.

Please check that. Otherwise I will post tomorrow a version spesific for kp50.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
The one in testing works.

The Following User Says Thank You to Patroclo For This Useful Post:

Tags
aircrack, cleven, reaver