Notices

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Doing some searching for audio delay, I came across this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Some players are only using /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
And this is a bad choice. Upgrading mplayer will become impossible using the application manager in this case (as it will notice the change in the configuration file and will not know what to do with it).

Looks like Bundyo and Serge never give up :-)

I found this for audio delay,
===============================================

Send a message via ICQ to Serge
Default Re: mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.27
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki View Post
Possible regression:

When i select menu-->settings-->there's an audio delay option of 200ms.

Does this exist for everyone or it happens only to me? Please check it out.
It's audio latency compensation.

Quote:
If i remember well, something similar was reported some versions earlier and was later fixed.
Earlier we had a problem with incorrect audio delay estimation for videos with single channel audio.

Please check if you have lipsync problems on your videos, that's more important.

On Nokia 770 this audio delay compensation value is hidden in '-ao gst' audio driver, so that it is not visible from outside.
============================================

umm.... how can I set this to default?

bun

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Doing some searching for audio delay, I came across this,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Some players are only using /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf
And this is a bad choice. Upgrading mplayer will become impossible using the application manager in this case (as it will notice the change in the configuration file and will not know what to do with it).

Looks like Serge never give up :-)
The guys who are recommending to edit '/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf' don't give up either There are lots posts around repeatedly spreading information that is not completely true or even sometimes just wrong. One of the other popular misleading statements is that 'slow graphics bandwidth is limiting video playback'. Really, I got tired of replying all these posts already

One of the solution is to make a FAQ and just post a link to it whenever one of such questions arises. But such approach may also have pitfalls, see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/users/38777 Some people are extremely sensitive and demand to be treated personally

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Of course running as root will ignore it, its not his config to start with.

On the other hand - why installing the mplayer.conf then? Why not creating it on first start if it doesn't exist?

EDIT: The reason i'm thinking about this comes from the multi user systems. This config should persist between users and you can't forbid writing in it. Of course we have other situation, but i still think that's wrong.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-08-16 at 18:30.

I am the only one having problem with screen blanking, both with 27.n770 and 29.n770 versions, running 2007he? Before these two versions this did not happen.

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by dcy View Post
I am the only one having problem with screen blanking, both with 27.n770 and 29.n770 versions, running 2007he? Before these two versions this did not happen.
I have a problem with screen blanking too on my N810. It appeared with diablo (but perhaps I upgraded to .29 at about the same time). See http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22213.