Active Topics

Please add integration & user interface with Gmail Drive

The Following User Says Thank You to solideogloria For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by jolo View Post
Evernote is interested in creating a browser plugin for web clipping. Also, they are probably going to do improve their webpages.

What other features are you looking for?
An offline\sync-able document browser with various editing\management features.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

That squirrel app is dissapointing. I thought it was going be about squirrels.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by izzox View Post
The app that I really would like to see is the one tracking in real time Buss, metro, and trains on a map such as maemo mapper or ovi mapper. So that I would know exactly weither I missed the buss or that it is just in late.
I heard that iphone has one that tracks buss in the US. so I think it's gonna be possible to make it working under maemo 5.
Great idea.
In terms of London, where there is a big transport service, it would help leaving home for work to know that you only have a couple of minutes to wait for the bus or train, and similarly when leaving work.

Another thing that could be useful would be a tracker on a bus or overground train (I'm assuming underground trains would block the GPS system). This way you can see which stops you've passed and which ones are still to go, and which is the next one.

This would be useful if you are going somewhere you are not overly familiar with. I had this recently with a job interview where I was using Google Maps to find out where I was and if I should get off the bus. Not as polished obviously.

Originally Posted by Andrei View Post
@axel

Get an iPhone! All your examples are for OS X apps. Why don't you just get an iPhone then?
Yes my app suggestions may be focused on the OS X applications, while that's the platform I have mostly used. I simply do not see the point in suggesting linux applications that I know nothing about. There might or might not be similar applications in open source which is why I suggest these and see that these amazing applications get developed and/or come to my knowledge.

What comes to the hardware. I think it's a ******ed thought that a consumer should pick his/her hardware according to the software that exists for the hardware. I want to use the best hardware with the best software!

My final argument to pick Nokia over the iPhone is that I happen to be a Finn and thus my love for Nokia is greater than life itself

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to axel For This Useful Post:
I may suggest some sort of simplish video editor, that for example replaces the audio of a video track with a mp3 on your device, that can cut/attach different video tracks with maybe a couple effect, extract a frame from the video, add written things on the video and so on, some basic video things, so that you can edit a very little before posting on youtube or somewhere else. It's not such a simple application probably, but well, I tell it, and you do what you want with it.

A file searcher and application launcher would be nice too (à la Google Desktop/Spotlight) as allready stated.

Is batch renaming & resizing & converting of images allready there? otherwise that too.

Mms support (rarely used, but well, we strive for perfection ^^).

An application à la PhotoBooth that makes use of the front camera or back camera (or both for some effects?). (You would be surprised on how much people loves that stuff.)

An application that checks my email box via POP3/IMAP and collects only the headers of eventual unread emails, and removes them once read. A sort of very light email reader that doesn't require to have data stored on the device. (or improve the existing mail application to support such a modality)

Just brainstorming, if more ideas come, I'll post them.

Last edited by thecursedfly; 2009-10-11 at 19:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to thecursedfly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 488 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Asgard / Midgard / London
Originally Posted by thecursedfly View Post
An application à la PhotoBooth that makes use of the front camera or back camera (or both for some effects?). (You would be surprised on how much people loves that stuff.)
Interesting idea. Perhaps recording both video cameras simultaneously with a picture in picture result would be good for YouTube? Or recording either picture after the other and merging into this format perhaps?

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
This is my first post, so hi everyone!

I'd like to see Bluefish Editor and Ubuntu-One client ported to N900.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Welcome to the forum, mivoligo!

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
This is very UK specific, but an app to access and download from the BBC iPlayer without going via the web interface would be handy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:

Tags
apps idea