Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Yeah so that makes no sense. Even though the imports are unnecessary and I should remove them anyway.. should not be preventing him from running it because with python-gobject he should get glib.

Flandry:
Code:
dpkg -l | grep python-gobject
It's installed right?

Well.. if its working for you, then I guess so. That's quite strange.
I also installed autocomplete custom dictionary editor, which might depend on that? Just FYI.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

I have a bit of a surprise for you guys in 1.5. Hopefully you like it (if you notice/find it).

Unfortunately it's still a work in progress (you have to select something like the menu, or a button, before it really works)... and there is a bug with QComboBox that makes things a little annoying.

But, let me know what you think.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I have a bit of a surprise for you guys in 1.5. Hopefully you like it (if you notice/find it).
You've come up with a hack to make it work outside of the US?

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
You've come up with a hack to make it work outside of the US?
hah... unfortunately no .

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a way to use proxies or something with my python stuff. I'm sure it's possible..

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Good job on the Portrait Mode! Little buggy, but great feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
Good job on the Portrait Mode! Little buggy, but great feature.
Yeah, buggy. I need to change the station list because QComboBox is broke (I verified with attila77).. anytime you activate a QComboBox it rotates back to landscape .

And, getting it to clear out the screen until the portrait is built would be nice too.. since right now it still sometimes will show the landscape one all squished before switching.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
The behavior when a network connection isn't available is a bit confusing: it asks for a login, even when it already has the login/password stored.

Other than that it's nice but i have no idea what that middle "--" button does. I've never used the web interface except to sign up and create channels.

Edit: One thing i've missed from pianobar is the song time/remaining counter.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-06-21 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
The behavior when a network connection isn't available is a bit confusing: it asks for a login, even when it already has the login/password stored.

Other than that it's nice but i have no idea what that middle "--" button does. I've never used the web interface except to sign up and create channels.

Edit: One thing i've missed from pianobar is the song time/remaining counter.
Yeah, the error handling right now isn't perfect. Basically if the login fails it just assumes an incorrect user/pass and prompts again. You can of course just wait until the network is available and then login again .

The middle "-" marks the song as "tired". It will prompt you first. Tired to Pandora means that you don't want to hear it for a while.

The song time/remaining was something that pianobar itself calculated and I haven't figured out how yet. The song length is one thing that is strangely lacking from Pandora's API.

I'm not sure if this behavior is intended, but when I press the Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down button, the current song skips.

I can see why the song should skip if the Thumbs Down button is presssed...

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ceevee View Post
I'm not sure if this behavior is intended, but when I press the Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down button, the current song skips.

I can see why the song should skip if the Thumbs Down button is presssed...
Yes... Bug... Fixed in my version.. just need to upload it.

It should skip when you thumbs down, but not when you thumbs up. But once you thumbs down something gets set to tell it to skip and I never unset it... so every time you either Up or Down after that it just keeps skipping.

I'll fix it tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio