Notices

Sorry, Got delayed last night.

It's been uploaded and will be available within the hour. Just minor tweaks here and there.. still no fixes to the Portrait UI.. but there will be . Promise.

Years ago I learned to comment my code... somewhere over time I've gotten lazy and don't comment anymore... this is starting to bite me in the ***, again lol.

Note to coders: always comment .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 132 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ New Jersey
Sorry its been a while since I've given any feedback, but I come bearing gifts. I've looked into the reason why the default Media Player doesn't skip and its because they use MAFW.

Apparently this can circumvent the patches and makeshift changes that you've tried to correct the lockscreen stuttering and play music in Silent Profile. Here's an excerpt I found from the website below:

"Using MAFW on the N900 has some benefits. For instance, audio will play in silent mode and doesn't stutter while locking the screen. And you are able to control the volume with the hardware keys while the screen is locked (this requires Maemo5 PR 1.2)."

http://pycage.blogspot.com/2010/06/n...n900-n800.html

If you take a look at that site, he also has the source code posted in the Garage for scripting MAFW in Python. So I'm hoping this can be of some kind of help to you. Best of luck!

Check out:
pyRadio-A Pandora Client

The Following User Says Thank You to The Arsonist For This Useful Post:
I knew I would probably have to integrate PyRadio with MAFW eventually.. but the python->MAFW bindings were/are stuck, seemingly indefinitely (last update in 2009), in the Extras Devel repo. So if I depend on them, I will forever be stuck in Extras-Devel and not able to push it forward.

That is why I chose gstreamer for the solution right now. If better python MAFW bindings appear and get promoted.. then we can work with that.

ETA: OIC.. he has his own much like we do for PulseAudio now...

That.. I could probably do. Sweet! (assuming MAFW will let me load a URL...)

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-06-29 at 16:50.

Just a quick question.
I was listening to pandora using pyradio 1.6 today. Everytime a song ended, it would start the next song, but then after only about one second skip to another.
Is that a known issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to tho For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tho View Post
Just a quick question.
I was listening to pandora using pyradio 1.6 today. Everytime a song ended, it would start the next song, but then after only about one second skip to another.
Is that a known issue?
Hrm.. No it's not.

I listened to it all day yesterday and did not experience the problem.. strange. Is this reproduceable? Happens every time?

I will look into the code around the song skipping to see if I am having a bit of a race/timer issue going on.. has anyone else experienced the same phenomenon?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Hrm.. No it's not.

I listened to it all day yesterday and did not experience the problem.. strange. Is this reproduceable? Happens every time?

I will look into the code around the song skipping to see if I am having a bit of a race/timer issue going on.. has anyone else experienced the same phenomenon?
No, but i did manage to get it all confused so that it was displaying a different channel than it was playing, and album art one song behind the actual.

Edit. Only once, though... so far.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-06-30 at 15:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
No, but i did manage to get it all confused so that it was displaying a different channel than it was playing, and album art one song behind the actual.

Edit. Only once, though... so far.
This one did happen to me.. once. I've tried looking at it it makes NO SENSE why.... the URL is part of the same array as the graphic and title so how it was trailing is a mystery to me at this point...

This has happened to me multiple times. I usually select a station (selecting the station that's already playing is possible) to get it right again.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Hrm.. No it's not.

The answer the question is now "Yes". I had this problem all day yesterday. It was after i had already started and then killed pyRadio once when it got hung up with a bad "frozen" wifi connection.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
The answer the question is now "Yes". I had this problem all day yesterday. It was after i had already started and then killed pyRadio once when it got hung up with a bad "frozen" wifi connection.
So just to be clear.. it skips every song?

Tags
bad tags, good tags, pyradio