anyone tried skype? i don't know if mine is an isolated case but i think it's having a mic issue. the other end can't here me even with multiple attempts of reconnection. i tried the skype for windows and it's working properly. but the skype of n900 doesn't...

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by inuyasha0209 View Post
did you update? and how
i updated via xterminal all was okay but few are facing few problems with xterminal and nokia updater so flashing ur n900 maybe the last option.

Originally Posted by raaj13 View Post
i updated via xterminal all was okay but few are facing few problems with xterminal and nokia updater so flashing ur n900 maybe the last option.
why do you mean flashing my n900?

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia
why do you mean flashing my n900?
I see you're new around here. Welcome.
Don't know if I should point you to this link: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
It explains the procedure, but requires some knowledge of what you do. Good luck, and if you need help... just ask.

Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Originally Posted by kulas View Post
do not back-up any applications as there are many applications that don't run well on PR1.3. Just back-up messages,contacts via OVI. then reflash your device!
I have heard here in the comunity that you can brick your phone if you flash it to many times. I have flashed mine 3 times already. If so, how many flashes is too many?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Ele-Mental View Post
I have heard here in the comunity that you can brick your phone if you flash it to many times. I have flashed mine 3 times already. If so, how many flashes is too many?
That's nonsense. There's a limit to how many times a flash cell can be written to, but normal day-to-day writes will have more effect on that than an occasional reflash.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Hi, I am at PR1.2 because I am not sure about Kernel Power.
Is the Kernel Power 100% compatible to PR1.3? I don't want 'old' components because of an outdated Kernel Power.
Wiki says it is for PR1.2
http://wiki.maemo.org/Kernel_Power
Shall I wait for an updated Kernel Power?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PQDZ...layer_embedded there u go, this is what we are excpecting with pr1.3, download file from here http://repo.meego.com/MeeGo/releases...t-armv7l-n900/ but i have no idea how to bloody do it .

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
is there anyone living in U.S updated PR1.3 yet? i can't find it in application manager, and looking for it?
I'm in California and my N900 was flashing for the PR 1.3 update at 5:30am PST on 10/25. Actually, 5:30am is what I have the Alarm set on my N900 to wake me up, so the update probably came earlier than 5:30am for me. I woke up and proceeded to perform the update which pretty much installed without a problem. N900 is running smooth as silk! Almost time to try out MeeGo 1.1!

Same as JayBEE. US here too and on 1.3. No apps lost or anything after OTA update.
@Morku, AFAIK, the kernel is compatible with 1.3. I updated while on it and 1.3 continues to recognize it. Multiboot is recognized as well. The only issue I've really had is that tweak flash no longer works fully (green lines) but other than that, not a spot of trouble.