I think they are actually working with Nemo mobile to use the previously accumulated effort in handset targeted releases.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
This hasn't been posted here, but as it's a tasty rumor why not add it. From MyNokiaBlog comments:

incognito says:
July 9, 2012 at 12:01 pm
Catching a flight in an hour, so I’ll be brief – just had a lengthy conversation with one of my old and reliable `Maemo insiders`, he has quit around the same time Jolla was formed but he doesn’t want to openly admit yet if he’s a part of the team or not (tho given his role in the Maemo project I’d say they most definitely headhunted him). Anyway, he said that there is a strong indication (wink, wink) of the ultimate vaporware – OpenMobile’s ACL – being available for initial Jolla’s take on MeeGo/Mer, and that there was a reason why we had a couple of weeks prior to Jolla’s announcement a statement from OpenMobile regarding ACL for MeeGo.

We were, so he says, way too quick to assume they were talking about MeeGo/Harmattan, where the fact is that they haven’t even mentioned either the N9 nor Harmattan (well, they did say ‘including Harmattan’ in the comments). Somebody is pushing serious money to OpenMobile and, again wink, wink, that might be Jolla. That should be a good boost for the platform for the start – having the cake and eating it too – native where it counts, Dalvik VM clone when you need that special app not yet available in native. All that should equal to an amazing battery life, snappy performance and generally provide all the benefits of the Android world (sans Google proprietary stuff) without any of the penalties.

That’s it for now… Classify it as a pure rumor, and take it lightly. I, myself, have confidence in his words (that’s the guy that told me about Nokia & Intel deal two months before the announcement), tho I still consider ACL – as well as the previous attempts like Alien Dalvik – a vaporware and nothing more than that. Still, I’d love to see the above come to fruition and I’m willing to put off my skeptic hat for a moment to at least entertain the idea.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Sure i didn't mean the community. If you are starting and expanding fast you must have lots of money. Otherwise you taking it slow to be sure you can deliver something while looking for investers everywhere unless you have i t covered.
Oh yeah I know what you mean now xD well if they open donations page i am willing to help out

There is a high possibility that Jolla is being funded by Nokia as well, as a Plan B for them, reason why it is located next to Nokia's main campus...if this is true, more interesting as this proceeds.

Originally Posted by gabriel9 View Post
@OffTopic
@Dave999 Why in the seven suns you thank yourself on every post?
I think it's just normal message body text formatted in similar way than those thank you lists. However the font is larger and if somebody actually thanks Dave, the name won't be displayed in same context. This was the case in same previous post.

So it's just kind of clever trolling.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
R
Originally Posted by mahead View Post
I think it's just normal message body text formatted in similar way than those thank you lists. However the font is larger and if somebody actually thanks Dave, the name won't be displayed in same context. This was the case in same previous post.

So it's just kind of clever trolling.
Damn it, you just learned about the uncanny valley. Good call!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Banja Luka
The project is helped from NOKIA starter project. But i think they have some other partners. These dudes know what to do and they have connections from mobile industry. This is the real deal as i see it. And you(community) should help them. I will for sure.

@Dave999 Hmm, i did not think about it in that context, i can so i will do it. So continue. You have the right on it.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
This hasn't been posted here, but as it's a tasty rumor why not add it. From MyNokiaBlog comments:
I might have mentioned amazon a little earlier?
Jolla + ACL + amazon....

High end OS with instant "ecosystem" and app market...

totally agree with gerbick.

all i ask is a way to allow some threads/boards to keep focus purely on dev talk (for bugs, experimental builds etc.), to seperate user support from development. be it a different sub-board or a minimum karma. just get tired of seeing stuff like cssu-thumb where people are installing kernel-power in place of the correct kernel and don't know why it doesn't work.

additionally, a bug tracker that is used and maintained by *all* hosted projects. its annoying when your looking through page after page to see if an issue is reported or fixed because a project doesn't list or check a bug tracker.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Agree with you.

Why I thank myself?

Some would say I do it because I seek attention, some say I do it for a being fun.

But the real answer is: because I can.
lolz, I wounder how many ppl did u troll

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla