View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
How are you still not getting this?

With a PC you have a full 12"- display, at least 1600x900 pixels, you have a real full keyboard, a mouse with 3 (sometimes more) buttons. You also have a lot more processing power. Most PC's are at least quad core 2GHz+ with much more and much faster RAM. When you compare that to the new iPhone 5 with 640 x 1136 4" display, dual core 1.3GHz [ARM] processor, and 1GB of ram. You can't seriously think that it will perform the same way a PC does, and even if it did - the form factor does not lend it's self to the "web browser" format. I don't think anyone will claim it is easier to go on the full Facebook website on any mobile device than to use a properly made client.

There is also Atomic Web Browser for iOS which is neat.
You probably didn't read my post. I said I dont get why people think they **need** those apps. Better performance is a convenience, not a need.

And in the end I can visit websites just fine on my original eee, I can't see how a phone suddenly became too slow for displaying websites.

finally macbook air 2011 vs gNote (2011)

1366*768 vs 1280*800
1.6Ghz dual core vs 1.5Gz dual core
2gb ram vs 1gb
none vs array of sensors

Not so far away. What is more powerful? The mac, because it can run desktop apps.
Even a docked Note vs a 2007 laptop the laptop wins. And that's a shame.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: