View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
My first smartphone was the Nokia N-Gage. I didn't know what a smartphone was and I was just stunned when I realized I could install applications on that thing. The years passed and more features came over, like cameras and wi-fi. I was looking at the N91 (the one with the hard drive) but right before I bought it I realized that the Qtek S200 had everything I wanted and with the full sized SD could do the 4Gigs of the N91 too. It had a gorgeous screen, 3times the resolution of the N91 but lacked a full size 3.5mm jack.

I was so burnt by the horrible WinMo5 (powerful but buggy as hell) that I decided I'll go back to symbian, forever. A friend had the 770 but I thought it was useless as I didn't even have WiFi at home at that time.

I got a N81 (not-so-good) and then I got two N95's and a 5800. I loved all those devices, and when Nokia announced it was ditching symbian for N-series I was disappointed. It didn't last long. When I saw the N900 I was immediately, without even looking at the specs "WoW! I *want* this"

The amazement didn't stop a day until today. The N900 has converted me to a full time linux user, and played a role in the job I'm doing today.

The N900 is by far the most important phone I've ever had, and it's not an exaggeration to say that it changed my life.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob