View Single Post
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Copernicus your photo has much potential. While you have 2 very interesting subjects, you can probably get a lot more out of this. Let the colors be the main subject but don't forget your cat. A closer shot so you don't have the dull table filling 1/3 of the image.

You may also want to apply the rule of thirds and place the color "tube" on the left intersection, en let the rest of the image be your cat. or it's head only and let the eyes be in good focus. Try to fill your image with more subject and less background

So that leaves you with (as I imagine it) from left to right*:
A little bit of table and background and at about 1/3** the colorfultube and try to fill the rest of the image with your cat (If he and you are willing to ). But don't let the cat "overrule" your main subject

*: as most humans read from left to right, are eyes are also trained to analyze pictures from left to right (most of this happens without conscious)
**: We humans also ignore the sides of an image, so placing your subject to much to the edge leaves it without the intention it actually deserves.

I really should participate in this as quite serious hobby-photographer but I almost always carry my compact cam, and if I could, even my DSLR. I only use my phonecam for documents and quick snippets for useful purposes not for the photos

edit: Even cropping this image could make it more interesting, try to eliminate those empty areas on the top and the bottom to get more focus on the cat. Still not as much as I would have hoped, as a little part of his head is cut off. But really that reflection is a nice addition to the image
Attached Images

Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

Last edited by mr_pingu; 2014-04-26 at 10:02.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: