View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Two. One is pretty much the same maemo council as it has always been and the other is the new foundation council. The reason for this, which might not have been apparent, is that Hildon Foundation might in the future have an OSS project other than maemo.org. For example, a potential partner or sponsor may not be interested in working with legacy maemo because it wants to be future looking, but it would be interested in doing another project with us. There is more flexibility if this other project and the Foundation in general is not compelled to use the same rules that have been used in maemo.org. Notice that the Foundation Council has the ability to write different rules on membership and elections, and need not do things the same way as at maemo.org. For example, imagine if Jolla had decided to work with us, we could have worked out a different arrangement with them. I get comments from time to time expressing the mistaken notion that Hildon Foundation was founded just to save maemo.org, and it is not limited in that way. So this post should clear that up as well.

This is correct (except for the single word "Foundation"). The Board's minutes say: “The Board votes the newly elected (maemo community) Council in to take responsibility for running, administrating, and managing daily operations of maemo.org.”
The adherence to words and semantics instead of on the community's prosperity deeply disappoints me.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post: