Active Topics

I really need someone to help me. I mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 in /home/user/ i just forgot to write MyDocs after user and now after reboot my nokia n900 not responding when I turned on if I am fast i can open xterminal because he is on my desktop but i dont know what to write in xterminal. I try with umount /home/user/mmcblk0p1 and umount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /home/user/ and it show up message Invalid agrument something like that. Im sorry for broken language but I'm from Bulgaria. Please help me

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Try simply to get the output of mount command to a file for further inspection
Code:
mount > /home/user/MyDocs/mount.txt
Read the file mount.txt or attach it in your next post for more support.

If you try to unmount a partition, the command doesonly expect one argument like
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1

My virtual keybord cant open and i type "mount /home/user/MyDocs/mount.txt and xterminal cand find the file. I type filebox on xterminal and check the file.The file is mount.sh not .txt .What i gotta do now?

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Read his post again, you are missing an essential character in your command...

>
Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

That's what I'm saying I cannot type ">" because my virtual keyboard can not show up .Is there any chane to type > without virtual or can i copy this sivol from anywhere on xterminal. I don't know. I will do everything you said.
I just don't wanna payed for servise.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
OK. Just open the terminal, type "mount" and then hit ENTER. Type here what you see on the screen.

It is critical that you don't make any mistakes when typing here what you see on the screen, so take your time!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Try simply to get the output of mount command to a file for further inspection
Code:
mount > /home/user/MyDocs/mount.txt
Read the file mount.txt or attach it in your next post for more support.

If you try to unmount a partition, the command doesonly expect one argument like
Code:
sudo gainroot
umount /dev/mmcblk0p1
Seriously? This is like the third time i see here someone who suggests redirecting output of some command to a file in the filesystem while helping someone with broken filesystem. How can one do that if he may not even have that directory? Sorry for turning my rage at you, I don't remember if it was also you in the previous cases, but Jesus Christ, when someone says something like "I cannot access MyDocs" or "I mounted MyDocs partition somewhere else", it's not wise to tell him/her to create a file over there :P

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
xterminal
withot sudo gainroot or root
i type mount :

rootfs on /type rootfs (rw)
uni0:rootfs on /type ubifs (rw,bulk_read.no_chk_data_crc)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw,noatime,size=256k,mode=755)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,noatime,size=10240k,mode=755)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,size=6534k)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /home type ex3 (rw,noatime,errors=continue,commit=1,data=writebac k)
/home/opt on /opt type none (bing)
nodev on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (0)
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python2.5 on /usr/lib/python2.5 type bind (bind)
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/pyshared on /usr/lib/pyshared type bind (bind)
opt/pymaemo/usk/share/python-support on /usr/share/python-support type bind (bind)
/opt/pymaemo/usr/lib/python-support on /usr/lib/python-support type bind (bind)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /home/user/MyDocs type vfat(rw,noauto,nodev,exec,nosuid,noatime,nodiratim e,utf8,uid=29999,shortname=mixed,dmask=000,fmask=0 000,rodir)

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@boy_5551,

OK, you didn't type *exactly* what was displayed on the screen, but the copy is good enough

In short: everything looks OK.

mmcblk0p1 is mounted on /home/user/MyDocs
mmcblk0p2 is mounted on /home

But you say you have problem ("N900 not responding"). Can you explain a bit more detail what exactly happens?

Also, if you can open xterminal (no sudo gainroot or anything, just as normal user) again, type "ls -a". You should see things like ".cache", ".clock", ".config", etc.

Do you see those folders? if yes, everything looks OK. You may have damaged something though. If that's the case, it will be very hard to identify exactly what, but if you can describe exactly what your problem actually is, we may be able to help you!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
Seriously? This is like the third time i see here someone who suggests redirecting output of some command to a file in the filesystem while helping someone with broken filesystem. How can one do that if he may not even have that directory? Sorry for turning my rage at you, I don't remember if it was also you in the previous cases, but Jesus Christ, when someone says something like "I cannot access MyDocs" or "I mounted MyDocs partition somewhere else", it's not wise to tell him/her to create a file over there :P
Simply put: The folder is still there! You might use it regardless whether anything is mounted to it or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post: