Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
  1. Why does x-terminal remember some old commands I issued months ago and not the ones from the last run? I always exit typing 'exit' not by the x button
  2. Why does the welcome app (language, time etc - shows up when battery is completely empty) has a different (looks more like harmattan) theme?
  3. Why do the IM services continuously mess up my contacts. I'm merging duplicate contacts almost once a month. btw I use syncevolution to sync to gmail
  4. why does modest NOT* go to the message when clicking on a notification, but shows me the accounts list? --*Not, as in not always--

If anyone knows a anything about this I'm just curious. I can perfectly live with them. I'm sure some of you have also some trivial questions that you never bothered to ask. So let them fly

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
The answer to you first question is that it's just a bug. The problem is fixed in Enhanced BusyBox package.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
1 good question
2 because it loads very early and Your selected them is not yet loaded, so default Nokia theme is used?
3 did not notice that (not syncing with gmail, just Lotus Notes)
4 perhaps more than ONE new message arrived, so asking for selecting account...

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
1, going to install it now
2, but it's not even the default nokia theme (checkboxes are sliders, and the scrollers have a nice coloring effect - when you are not exactly on an option (still dragging) it has the selected color but with varying opacity - hope I made some sense here) I would like that theme all over...
4, but I only have one account...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Why does x-terminal remember some old commands I issued months ago and not the ones from the last run? I always exit typing 'exit' not by the x button
As said before, this is a bug.

Why does the welcome app (language, time etc - shows up when battery is completely empty) has a different (looks more like harmattan) theme?
Welcome app is (probably, according to many people's guesses) based on Clutter, a toolkit that Nokia used in Fremantle (also used in hildon-desktop's effects), but unfortunately they didn't use Clutter for anything else. (This may have something to do with the fact that Intel hired away the Clutter developers at the time, to work on their Moblin GUI (the one that later became the MeeGo Netbook UX).)

Why do the IM services continuously mess up my contacts. I'm merging duplicate contacts almost once a month. btw I use syncevolution to sync to gmail
I don't know the reason, but:
There is a nice Contacts app plugin that helps with this.

why does modest NOT* go to the message when clicking on a notification, but shows me the accounts list? --*Not, as in not always--
No idea. Modest is a buggy piece o' crap anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post: