Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Guys, as ranbaxy posted before that Nokia will shut down NaviFirm in the end of the month, seems like they were pretty fast. NaviFirm links were removed (the official ones). Now navifirm-plus.en is not accessible anymore and the mirror does not work. Please all of you guys worldwide, check your links if they have been removed. Please make sure you back the files up if they have not removed the link in your country.
Edit: Some of the mirrors do work.
For the ones who couldn't find a link to NaviFirm, I already have it since last week, and I have backed it up for you, here.

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Last edited by AMD; 2013-01-03 at 13:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
They said later this month according to ranbaxy's source so I think we still have time.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Well in my country it was removed. So maybe tomorrow it could be removed Worldwide,
PLEASE BACKUP YOUR FILES NOW.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Did you read some of the source? They might changed their minds and closed it faster .

"IMPORTANT NEWS BULLETIN 12-21-2012 FROM NOKIA: Nokia will close open connection to Nokia Firmware Repository during January 2013 and Implement access control. After this, the Nokia Online login is required to access Nokia Firmware Repository. During transition phase (December 2012 – January 2013), both open and restricted channels are open, but the open channel will be closed at the end of January 2013 After this, application updates and device software downloading are possible only by using the latest software releases with service NOL login supported"

I wonder what nokia will do with it after that?

I grabbed what I needed. What do you need?

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-01-02 at 16:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
I don't need anything, I just want you guys to backup your files if it wasn't removed in your country YET. Just a warning. And for newbies that can't flash anymore.

Ok that's good. Send a big thanks to ranbaxy for breaking this news, and a semi big thanks to AMD give you a second heads up...

Can we store it somewhere an maybe link it?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i think we need to backup only Switzerland variant and SWAP emmc image.
Switzerland because it have biggest PR-code and can be flashed to every phone, and SWAP emmc image 200-mb size and dont contain outdated maps data
no need to backup every firmware, i think

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Ok that's good. Send a big thanks to ranbaxy for breaking this news, and a semi big thanks to AMD give you a second heads up...

Can we store it somewhere an maybe link it?
Lol, backed up NaviFirm for you guys. Who knows, maybe Nokia is removing NaviFirm and getting a new version back? Or maybe a new app to download FW Images?

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i think we need to backup only Switzerland variant and SWAP emmc image.
Switzerland because it have biggest PR-code and can be flashed to every phone, and SWAP emmc image 200-mb size and dont contain outdated maps data
no need to backup every firmware, i think
Just FYI, if you follow this thread, the backup for migration has all pr1.3 harmattan images for n9/50 as well as n900...

Thank brkn for doing this far in advance

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
I dont know what you are talking about but Marco's (author of NF+) homepage is accesible, including NF

Pierogi, Lanterne, Cooktimer, Frogatto
N9 16GB loaded with:
Kernel-Plus
--
[TCPdump & libpcap | ngrep]
--
donate

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post: