Active Topics

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I believe so

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Question:
Are we supposed to see black rectangles between the wallpapers of the portrait desktop while scrolling between them in the current version?
I think you might have the old version installed what you need to do is do the installation process again which is go to first post download the current version file which is named as 18-hd put it in MyDocs in your N900 then go to xterminal and root and type
dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/the latest file name 18-hd.deb
once its finished installing
killall hildon-desktop
and you are done hopefully you wont see black blocks anymore!

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Changegames View Post
im fine with the version right now, is the one coming to cssu got options whether you like vertical scrolling?
Yes, it's configurable. By default the horizontal scrolling is enabled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
release the next version with the ability of having different landscape and portrait background wallpapers soon. rest is awesome. kudos x 1,000,000.

arcean why is the icons on the right side of the battery can only show 2 icons when in portrait? like wifi and my availability...

Last edited by Changegames; 2011-08-04 at 19:55.

can provide a update so the apt-get upgrade won't replace the hildon-desktop?

Originally Posted by tazenda View Post
install the CSSU is one of the solutions, the most complete. But you can do:

1 - The problem is solved for the status menu by installing this "Hildon-Status-menu" without installing CSSU

2 - For the portrait of settings etc.. etc. ..... add the text quoted at the end transitions.ini your theme.

3 - Set to 1 forcerotation

Now everything will rotate portrait without CSSU.
I've been trying to register on smartphonetab[dot]net so I can download the file but to no avail. Please can you upload the file somewhere else so I can download it. Thanks

Originally Posted by bltcool View Post
Yes, and please read the first page....the answer to ur second question are in big BOLD letter

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...03&postcount=1
i did this, and it asks for a password, i can't type anything into it, maybe you should try it out and then post, some of us are still learning yea?

Originally Posted by jafferkhan View Post
i did this, and it asks for a password, i can't type anything into it, maybe you should try it out and then post, some of us are still learning yea?
The command linked to uses sudo to get root permissions. This requires the users password, which is what it is asking for (and for sudo to be setup in the right way). You may not have sudo set up that way - I don't, I installed the package rootsh and use the command 'sudo gainroot' to get root permissions. So to run that command, I would run:

sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall hildon-desktop; killall hildon-desktop
exit

(the last command logs me out of the root account and back into my user account).

I don't know what you do to get root access on your phone though.

The Following User Says Thank You to scoobertron For This Useful Post:
hi
is there a way to choose other portrait mode backgrounds than the ones in landscape?
i mean it as following:
i have 5 desktops activated and that i can choose 2 backgrounds for each desktop? a landscape one and a portrait one . they switch ever the phone is rotated? i mean your app saves the location of the applications once your app is started is there no way to build in that the new choosen portrait background is also saved ?
greethings (sry for my bad english.....school skills xD)

The Following User Says Thank You to nakatsugawa For This Useful Post: