Active Topics

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
has anyone tried using the n9 drunk or severely hung over? i woke up hugging a glass of water in my bed and looks like i tried eating a burger too...from whats stuck to me and the bed. anyway i find i can still mostly spell when pissed off me face on the n900 so wondering how drunk friendly the n9 is to operate.
I've used the N950 quite extensively both totally drunk and hangover. I'd expect the same findings apply to N9.

My previous phone was N95, so this is compared to that.

The keys are much easier to hit on N95, but in practice I found it required quite a bit of concentration as you had to remember how many times to tap a key to get a specific letter. The result was that it required constantly quite much concentration, which I found surprisingly difficult a task when sufficiently inebriated.

The N950 on the other hand has quite troublesome small keys in VKBD which makes writing quite a frustrating experience when your IQ has fallen couple of deviations due to alcohol consumption. Auto-correction helps somewhat, but can also result in hilariously mangled messages that you're ashamed of when waking up from the stupor.

Since receiving the update to N950, which includes the Swype keyboard, I've come to think that Swype is the best drunken keyboard. You just slide your finger along the keyboard in approximately the correct paths, let swype do the hard thinking, and after you've composed the message you have to just concentrate once proof-reading and correcting the few words that swype guessed wrong.

I hope that helps someone.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2011-10-29 at 22:04.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I have been using the N9 since this morning, and you know what? I feel at home.

The biggest fear I had before purchasing it, was that I will end up having a "sterilized" experience, kind of androidish, where you know customization is possible, but on the other hand you are not sure if you want to do the oneway root. I knew it was no WP, that I could do things with it, instead of endlessly swiping the menu up and down in boredom, but there is something magical in having the sexiest phone around and still have all that power.

All my previous phones sacrificed form to function, and even though I wanted a keyboard, IR, lens cover, sd card, exchangeable battery etc, I'm quite happy, because the looks and body compensate for that. I like to have nice looking things, and while I wouldn't go iPhone because that's too much to pay for the looks, I love to have a geeky toy which for once doesn't look like a geeky toy.

By the way the SU-39 capacitive stylus DOESN'T WORK on the N9
And the silicon case is awesome. Half the guys I showed it didn't realize it was a case. Anybody knows where to get the original one in magenta or cyan? I don't want to go the ebay route, last two or three purchases I made were really bad quality products.
Finally the screen is better than the Galaxy S (tmo readability with no zoom is definitely better)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
...(tmo readability with no zoom is definitely better)
How does TMO look on the N9's screen; as Nokia replaced one of my N900s with an N8 and that makes TMO looks horrid, the orange is right in your face

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I looks very nice. Not as good as on LCD screens, always lcd's will be better for tiny text, but on the GS all orange text was a bit blurry, on the N9 it isn't

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
Just picked up a black 64GB N9 last Friday. And it's awesome. Swiping feels so natural. Every time I pick up my E7 now, I have to consciously refrain myself from not swiping to get to the menu or open up the multitasking screen.

I love this device.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shockr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shockr View Post
Just picked up a black 64GB N9 last Friday. And it's awesome. Swiping feels so natural. Every time I pick up my E7 now, I have to consciously refrain myself from not swiping to get to the menu or open up the multitasking screen.

I love this device.
where did you get it?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
Local store in my country.

for those with a N9...does the alarm allow you to snooze? and how many times? also, can you set multiple alarms? if so, how many? Thanks!

also, can you create groups in the contacts and send a msg to everyone in that group with one msg? rather than typing one for each?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ New Delhi, India
Sorry couldn't help it. Had to post this.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rohit.hellboy For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????