Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by charbar View Post
is there a way to change the default search engine on the browser to be google instead of bing? :X

i feel like you can't do anything with this browser!
settings<applications<web<search engine

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Audrius For This Useful Post:
I've got 2 problems thus far:

Not sure if this is a problem with Nokia link or the media player application on the N9, but it doesn't seem to pick up changes to playlists.

I've twice deleted all music and playlists, only for Nokia link to tell me that the device doesn't have enough room onboard. The N9 itself reports plenty of room, so I'm not sure where Nokia link is getting its data.

The second issue is MfE. The error message implies that it can't connect to the server, but the server is reachable from my home network.

Any help is appreciated.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
does anyone know if it is possible to create contact shortcuts in the app grid? Maybe by editing some .desktop files?
some info: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=92

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
One or two people have reported problems using a mini SIM cut down to micro SIM in the N9 when the mini SIM carried the large format contact area.

This link shows examples of the comparative sizes to illustrate what I'm talking about

In theory it shouldn't matter, as far as I am aware, since the actual electronic contact area remains the same. But can anyone report success with cutting down such a mini SIM for the N9 (rather than examples of success for the iPhone)? I ask because my current mini SIM is of the large format
I had the same concern. I have a 3+year old US t-mobile mini sim I was going to attempt to cut myself. The chip does not look like the ones in the link but like this:

http://share.ovi.com/media/Drekkie.m.../Drekkie.10001

I took it to the T-mobile store where they had not heard of the N9 so they just put it in a sim cutter to try it (so if they messed up then at least they would replace it for me). It works fine.

EDIT: that's a pic of the cut sim in the N9 holder.

Last edited by Drekkie; 2011-10-31 at 00:34.

i havnt once dropped my phone.. and now i have a dent...

thankfully that the colour is bled through the whole material, but unthankfully you can still notice the dent...

and iv noticed a few other random dents...
my phone is either in my pocket or on the desk...

this policarbonate material isnt very durable at all...

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
That is really tempting me to dig out qtCreator... Next weekend maybe.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by ifox View Post
I returned my 4s and it was right choice no doubt.
X-
Did you use the iPhone for a long time?

Please tell me about the differences in display, if you can observe any.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by toki View Post
i havnt once dropped my phone.. and now i have a dent...

thankfully that the colour is bled through the whole material, but unthankfully you can still notice the dent...

and iv noticed a few other random dents...
my phone is either in my pocket or on the desk...

this policarbonate material isnt very durable at all...
It is durable in a sense that it will protect the inner parts of the telephone adequately. (inner parts, not the screen)

Actually dents are not that bad - the device is way too slippery and that will problem will increase once the matt surface wears off due to daily use.
It will turn into a semi-glossy one with some battle scars here and there.

Only the upcoming white version will start looking pretty ugly soon due to dirt residing in many micro scratches.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
is there any chance to get medical apps on N9
I need eocrates for instance

Thx for the help

Last edited by anis_ber; 2011-10-31 at 03:55.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
for those of you in the states and have tmobile, I walked into the store yesterday, asked if they have micro-sims and the guy gave me one for free. so doesn't hurt trying to walk into a store first before you cut your sim down.

and actually the guy for a second thought he ran out of micro-sims and was about to cut down my current sim for me, but then he remembered he had some in the back.