Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by charbar View Post
for those of you in the states and have tmobile, I walked into the store yesterday, asked if they have micro-sims and the guy gave me one for free. so doesn't hurt trying to walk into a store first before you cut your sim down.

and actually the guy for a second thought he ran out of micro-sims and was about to cut down my current sim for me, but then he remembered he had some in the back.
You can do the same for AT&T. Got mine for free too.

hi..i'm thinking of getting an N9, may i please know whether is it possible for the Nokia N9 to connect to a wifi network in a school or uni where you'll need a username and password to login to use?
if i'm not mistaken it's PEAP+MSCHAPv2..

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lagos, Nigeria
I have no idea about that, but I know it supports both ad-hoc and infrastructure wireless networks with WEP, WPA and WPA2 authentication as I have tested all these three.

The Following User Says Thank You to shockr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ErrorlnDisplay View Post
hi..i'm thinking of getting an N9, may i please know whether is it possible for the Nokia N9 to connect to a wifi network in a school or uni where you'll need a username and password to login to use?
if i'm not mistaken it's PEAP+MSCHAPv2..
I connect to my universities wifi often.. which is peap+mschapv2. works fine. all you have to remember is for it to work go into advanced settings (of the appropriate network) and put in a manual username. (until you put in a manual username it doesn't work)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randomdood For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
hey guys do you know if IMAP IDLE (or imap push for that matter) works on N9 or should I switch to mfe? Which is better batterywise?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Again problem with N9's calendar. DST ended on Sunday and now some of the calendar entries synced from Outlook to N9 (via bluetooth) have wrong time. Outlook shows correct starting time for them (e.g. 12:00) but in N9 starting time is 1 hour earlier (e.g. 11:00). This happens with calendar invitations got from other people, though not with all of them

Timezones are OK in both N9 and Outlook/PC. Deleting calendar from N9 and re-syncing does not help.

Anybody seen similar problems? I have seen something similar happening with my E71 & Nokia Suite in past, but not to this extend (happened for one or two invitations).

Ok..my N9 is pretty much F**ed up and is not booting after installing the foursquare and some other applications. It turns on and shows Nokia Logo Only.. on a flat black screen.

I did some reading and came to know that flashing may solve the problem... but i think the OneClickFlasher is not available for N9 yet, need to take it Nokia Care.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by GunsNRoses View Post
Ok..my N9 is pretty much F**ed up and is not booting after installing the foursquare and some other applications. It turns on and shows Nokia Logo Only.. on a flat black screen.

I did some reading and came to know that flashing may solve the problem... but i think the OneClickFlasher is not available for N9 yet, need to take it Nokia Care.
theres a link to N9 flasher and instructions on the forum.meego.com handheld forum

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Riga, Latvia
Hi,

I have my N9 for about a week now, and overall it's awesome. Some questions/nitpicks however:
  • How to turn off smilies in messages? Does the workaround from https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7127 work?
  • How to add more "accented" characters to the vkb layout/create a new layout? It appears that I need to edit an XML file, but the whole picture is sketchy for me. Any pointers are welcome.
  • I was about to ask how to set a custom song as a ringtone, because it takes too f***ing long time for the music to show in ringtones selection.
  • Pinch zoom for camera would be nice

Also, is it possible to reformat the user data partition (ie. the data accessible via USB, assuming it is a separate partition) as ext? And if yes, is it a terribly stupid idea to do so? Not being able to access it from windows is something I'm not concerned about.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Again problem with N9's calendar. DST ended on Sunday and now some of the calendar entries synced from Outlook to N9 (via bluetooth) have wrong time. Outlook shows correct starting time for them (e.g. 12:00) but in N9 starting time is 1 hour earlier (e.g. 11:00). This happens with calendar invitations got from other people, though not with all of them

Timezones are OK in both N9 and Outlook/PC. Deleting calendar from N9 and re-syncing does not help.

Anybody seen similar problems? I have seen something similar happening with my E71 & Nokia Suite in past, but not to this extend (happened for one or two invitations).
Muhahaa, got it working. But not via bluetooth, but using Nokia Suite...

Apparently older version of Ovi Suite had still support for N9 and by first installing it, connecting N9 and then updating to latest Nokia Suite 3.2 (Beta) the calendar sync works perfectly. No more wrong time in calendar items.

Instructions for getting N9 to work with Nokia Suite are here: http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...076/n9-support

See post 31. Seems that also at least SMS and photo sync works OK.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post: