Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ In a dream
I probably sound very silly right now but.
Just for clarification, does this mean we will no longer be getting over air updates. We will actually be required to reflash the N900 with each new update?

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by passm View Post
I probably sound very silly right now but.
Just for clarification, does this mean we will no longer be getting over air updates. We will actually be required to reflash the N900 with each new update?
yes you do

To make this clear: you ONLY need to reflash if you want to go from testing to stable in any other case the cssu installer / OTA will still work as ususal

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ In a dream
Thanks for that hehe.
What is the major difference between the two other than the title.
As personally I like the idea of updates over air.

If anyone had problem with hildon-desktop not rotate after install of cssu stable try to install "status-area-orientationlock-applet" and activate and deactivate the lock. I have tried "cssu features configuration" tool but it does not help (reboot 3 times).

I went frustrating because had reflashed 4 weeks ago and waited of stable release. Now it works.

Last edited by nikeb; 2011-11-27 at 20:48.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by nikeb View Post
If anyone had problem with hildon-desktop not rotate after install of cssu stable try to install "status-area-orientationlock-applet" and activate and deactivate the lock. I have tried "cssu features configuration" tool but it does not help (reboot 3 times).

I went frustrating because had reflashed 4 weeks ago and waited of stable release. Now it works.
Or type in terminal:
Code:
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool true
Remember to rearrange your widgets and shortcuts in portrait, hildon-desktop saves that layout seperately!

Info from: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...hildon-desktop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone im just trying to install it but when i try to update it gives me the error TO UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO THIS VERSION OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM YOU MUST USE NOKIA PC SUITE ON YOUR PC. CONNECT THE DEVICE TO YOUR PC VIA A USB CABLE AND LAUNCH THE APPLICATION., i already followed the FAQ on the installation guide and the problem seems to be the package libqt4-test (4.7.0~git20100909-0maemo1+0m5)

i already tried to run apt-get install libqt4-test

but it tells me: Unable to lock the administration directory (var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

can you help me please

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by rodald View Post
but it tells me: Unable to lock the administration directory (var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

can you help me please
In case you have ham still open, close it. The other thing that could be is, that apt-worker is checking for updates, in that case just wait a min or two and try again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
Or type in terminal:
Code:
Remember to rearrange your widgets and shortcuts in portrait, hildon-desktop saves that layout seperately!

Info from: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/...hildon-desktop
Thanks and sry, i have expected that rotation were enabled by default and missed this first point in the wiki ^^.

Originally Posted by nikeb View Post

where do you find that lock?, im not beeing able to find it
i runed
Code:

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
guys my version is 21.2011.38-1maemo1.. there is not "T" or "S".. what version am i using.. sorry if its already answered