Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
A cosmetic suggestion, make the keyset title on the main tab clickable to acces keyset settings. I tried twice to click to change keyset but that didnt work as it wasn't a button.
Ah, that sounds like a good idea! Hmm. I'll have to check whether I can dynamically update the content of a Qt button's label...

Actually, I was also pondering the idea of maybe using the volume rocker switch to allow you to quickly move between favorite keysets. (Of course, I could also map the rocker switch to the Volume Up and Volume Down keys, if that sounds like a good idea.)

But yeah, there are many many ways to improve this app. Thanks!

Anyway some keyset make the the recorder to Pick up something as I see it a LED turning on and off when pressing a button. However it doesn't do what it should do
Yes, as I mentioned above, odds are quite good that I've got something mixed up somewhere in my Philips code. If you can, tell me which keyset(s) are doing the wrong thing, I'll take another look at them. Thanks!

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
A cosmetic suggestion, make the keyset title on the main tab clickable to acces keyset settings. I tried twice to click to change keyset but that didnt work as it wasn't a button.
Sounds like a good idea.
The problem is if you make the main screen to busy you could push other buttons by mistake.
I would prefer if it toggled through a list of favourite presets myself.

Mapping favourites to the volume rocker sounds even better!!

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
The problem is if you make the main screen to busy you could push other buttons by mistake.
You're absolutely right, my original guiding principle was to keep the main screen just as simple as possible, with the minimum amount of controls. The main panel really should just be about controlling the most basic aspects of the target device, and other controls should be pushed off to other panels... Yeah, I'd prefer to just leave the keyset labels the way they are right now.

Mapping favourites to the volume rocker sounds even better!!
Cool, I'll put that on my list!

One more voice in the "congrats" chorus...

Yesterday I tried this on my Sony Bravia TV and it worked like a charm on first try... actually the hardest part was finding out where the IP lens was located on the N900, as I hadn't ever used it and was pointing it the wrong way :-)

It's fun to mystify the family and have them wondering why the TV is acting up

It's amazing that great new apps are still coming out this late in the N900 life cycle... having just jumped ship in the phone department thanks to Nokia's boneheadedness, I was looking for useful stay-at-home apps for its peaceful retirement... Pierogi and Squeezster are great finds for this !

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Got the new update earlier and it now works with my Logitech system.
could you have a look for Sky HD and Goodmans TV model GTVL32W
Thanks

Good to hear that the logitech is working! (BTW, I've mapped the "effect" key to the Red button, and the "settings" key to the Blue button. I didn't map the "test" key at all, I thought it might be unpleasant to accidentally hit that one. I don't really have any good place for those in my UI as yet...)

Originally Posted by hycraig View Post
could you have a look for Sky HD and Goodmans TV model GTVL32W
Sky+HD looks good: the LIRC has a config file, and it looks like standard RC6 protocol! This could be the first satellite receiver I manage to get right...

Goodmans may be a problem -- I'm not finding TV config files in either the LIRC or in the hifi-remotes website. That one may take some digging.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Oslo - around
I am impressed - it is great.
My only concern and the reason for the "but" is that I use the ON/OFF button on the TV, the sound, and input channel. The rest is on the Set-up box, or the DVD player or even the VHS - and some of these devices are "non-original". So, do you have a "learning mode" planned? And a quick device selection? (Bose use radio, CB channel,but the others...)

Its great work, and a good show-off of the potential of the N900. Lets hope that the reverese polE reads this.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
No need to wait, I've already got a Samsung airconditioner keyset in Pierogi. You'll have to play around with the keys a bit, I've currently got the temperature keys mapped to channel up and channel down, and a lot of the other keys just mapped to numbers on the keypad. (I didn't think anyone would really be interested in that keyset... )

Thanks! It seems to do something, but I can't figure out what. The volume keys seem to adjust the louver, and the power button causes the A/C to make a sound, but it doesn't turn on or off...

Can't wait for the logitech keyset to reach extras though. That's just about everything I have at home, along with an MCE remote. Haven't tested that yet.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I have just been comparing a standard remote to Pierogi.

Normal remote controls send the command once pause then sends the command repeatedly.
Pierogi sends the command repeatedly, so sometimes toggle commands can be twitchy like mute for example.

Do you think it would be possible to do this?

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control