Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
and please leave this lumiaman alone he just trolling. he doesnt even know in which section to post a thread like this. stop feeding the trolls.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I dont understand this hostility. This is why products like ipad3 are selling like hotcakes. They are even calling them resolutionary. Are 50,000,000 people that will buy these devices wrong? i loved the N900 resolution, and I was real disappointed that N9 is nothing like it. The letters are fuzzy, broken and only when magnified look normal. I still dont understand why NOKIA cant improve on what N900 had in terms of resolution. N9 is a huge step backward.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Are 50,000,000 people that will buy these devices wrong?
Billions of flies eat **** daily, are they wrong? Probably not, but I won't be joining them anytime soon.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
I dont understand this hostility. This is why products like ipad3 are selling like hotcakes. They are even calling them resolutionary. Are 50,000,000 people that will buy these devices wrong? i loved the N900 resolution, and I was real disappointed that N9 is nothing like it. The letters are fuzzy, broken and only when magnified look normal. I still dont understand why NOKIA cant improve on what N900 had in terms of resolution. N9 is a huge step backward.
obviously they are wrong since 6 500 000 000 people are not buying them

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Code:
phone	screen technology	pixel layout	pixel density (ppi)	Brightness (nits)	contrast	notes
N900	 transflective lcd	stripe	267	257	349/1	you need far less brightness if screen is transflective  because there is no need to out-do sunlight
Galaxy S	SAMOLED	pentile	233	334	infinite	
N8	 AMOLED CBD	stripe	210	230	infinite	you also need less brightness in AMOLED screens due to high contrast
X7	 AMOLED CBD	stripe	184	630	infinite	
N9	 AMOLED CBD	pentile	251	596	infinite	ability to have sleeping screen
iPhone 4	IPS LCD	stripe	326	571	1261/1	
Galaxy SII	SAMOLED+	stripe	217	301	infinite	
Motorola atrix	LCD TFT	pentile	275	365	719/1	
E6	LCD TFT	pentile	328	1004	905/1
Name:  image2993.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  23.3 KB

You see it's a trade-off

you can't have everything. Some trade ppi(pentile,LCD) for contrast (amoled), others for better color reproduction and clearer text (stripe), etc etc. Fortunately there are choices for everyone. For me the choice on the N9 was one of the best. Bright, contrasty, not so low ppi, not-so-good colors (but you can't see it unless you play the same video side to side with a stripe amoled)

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-03-18 at 17:07.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
By the way the iPad 3 has less ppi than the N900

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
letters are fuzzy, broken and only when magnified look normal. I still dont understand why NOKIA cant improve on what N900 had in terms of resolution. N9 is a huge step backward.
Ok, I'll take back some of my badmouthing, there's actually reasonable content in this reply.

I'm pretty picky on displays in general since I'm pretty much spoiled where I work. That being said, I'm not having any of the issues you described in my N9. I'm thinking you might have a defective unit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Maybe a visit to a optician will do u good +/- instead of trolling.

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
if you remember apple launched iPhone 4 with multi tasking and people also called it revolutionery. So for apple and its fanboys multi tasking is revolutionery ? Symbian devices do multi tasking from start. There was nothing new with iPhone 4 and also nothing new in any new apple product. All symbian users were already enjoying multi tasking and all the features that apple products have many many years ago when there was no sign of apple.

Last edited by panjgoori; 2012-03-18 at 18:33.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
The amount of Nokia bias is incredible. Have you ever seen a retina display? it might sound like a marketing gimmick but it's the best out there. CBD comes after (excluding the crap resolution ones) because super amoled plus has TOO much color for my eyes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tHMZ For This Useful Post:

Tags
godwin’s law, pentile, screen res