Active Topics

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Wait for a new release or hack the package yourself.
1.Extract the package from this page http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...0.14_armel.deb to some empty folder, named 'kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty',
2.Change to the ' DEBIAN'-folder inside the extracted content and edit the 'control'-file with nano or leafpad,
3.Go to the Depends line and remove the 'kernel-power...' part or replace it with the corresponding names for kernel-cssu packages,
4.Open your X-Terminal and change to the directory, that contains the 'kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty' folder,
Code:
dpkg-deb -b kernel-power-settings_0.14.0-dirty
Install the package
There is another way without extracting and hacking a package, after or before install of cssu-thumb to device u can install package "kernel-power-bootimg" it will install modules and img and provides kernel-power feutures withuot flashing kernel so u can now install all packages who depends on power-kernel.
U can install this package by typing this in X Terminal:
Code:
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg
Note: You must be a root.

Last edited by Nobless; 2012-06-28 at 21:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nobless For This Useful Post:
And? It still won't be flashed.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

seems a wastr to pull in kp modules etc if they are not going to be used in this case. why don't someone just upload their modified deb on here.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
People,

Could you stop discussing about kernel-config? FFS it's just a shell script. Just grab the package/script and unpack it on your N900.

Or even better, just put a few lines on one of the scripts on /etc/event.d and do the config there!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
And? It still won't be flashed.
That's the whole point. We want to fool the package manager that tge dependency to kernel-power is fulfilled without flashing kp. Cssu-thumb-kernel provides all kp features as it is based on it, plus fixes for thumb.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
seems a wastr to pull in kp modules etc if they are not going to be used in this case. why don't someone just upload their modified deb on here.
I just did what I was told and I got it work. There is the .deb I used to install kp-settings. Everything works just fine (the only thing I had to remove was Advanced Power Monitor as it got corrupted who knows why and it hanged, using 100% CPU; maybe is unrelated).
Attached Files
File Type: deb kernel-power-settings_0.14_armel_hacked.deb (11.2 KB, 192 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to ghitly For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Lithuania
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
People,

Could you stop discussing about kernel-config? FFS it's just a shell script. Just grab the package/script and unpack it on your N900.

Or even better, just put a few lines on one of the scripts on /etc/event.d and do the config there!
It is not only kernel-config have dependencies on KP and should conflicts with other packages like h-e-n, batterypatch, cleven when u have only clean cssu-thumb update installed, if im wrong correct me

Installed CSSU-thumb, and it scared me -- there was never an extra application icon to run for the follow-up package installs, so I had to judiciously upgrade X and install kernel-cssu through apt-get. But it turned out OK!

Look forward to testing usability of various things on the thumb2 ABI. Don't expect to see anything different, but it's fun to be part of the activities.

The Following User Says Thank You to wumpwoast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by wumpwoast View Post
Installed CSSU-thumb, and it scared me -- there was never an extra application icon to run for the follow-up package installs, so I had to judiciously upgrade X and install kernel-cssu through apt-get. But it turned out OK!
You mean kernel and X were not installed as a part of the update?
What did you use to install the update?

Look forward to testing usability of various things on the thumb2 ABI. Don't expect to see anything different, but it's fun to be part of the activities.
Check your swap usage and compare it with usage before thumb was installed

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Check your swap usage and compare it with usage before thumb was installed
I installed Thumb for a week long testing (again moved to KP50) and found no issues with it. Found same performance and battery life as it was before.

RAM Usages:
CSSU-Testing+KP50: RAM: 120-150MB and SWAP:~50MB
CSSU-Thumb: RAM: 80-110MB and SWAP:~30MB
CSSU-Testing+KP50 (just after reflash): RAM: 120MB and SWAP:~40MB

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lalit For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life