Active Topics

Notices

people, if you messed up your phone or used more than one phone and now you can't install wazapp, please, do not write nonseses! update the version info to newest (as it has been posted previously) and write back to whatsapp. If that does not help, wait for a solution! whining won't solve it. Is it worse to have a limited wazapp version or not to have it at all? be patient!

Originally Posted by Dazsa View Post
people, if you messed up your phone or used more than one phone and now you can't install wazapp, please, do not write nonseses! update the version info to newest (as it has been posted previously) and write back to whatsapp. If that does not help, wait for a solution! whining won't solve it. Is it worse to have a limited wazapp version or not to have it at all? be patient!
I've done that.. I've update all the files with the latest version number available... And reg still fail-too-many...
but in case you haven't read yet... Someone posted in one of the previous pages saying wazapp blocked the registration to non-official clients... Which means that no one that hadn't registered before will be able to register on wazapp now, unless they do one of those tricks of switching the SIM card to another phone, and then before registration completes, just write down the 3 digit confirmation number and use it manually on wazapp.

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
I'm glad someone mentioned that, haven't been able to register since I got it. Just put my SIM back in my 808 to fix that.

EDIT: No registration code appeared. Well, there goes that idea.

Last edited by keflex; 2012-07-27 at 03:55.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Seville, spain
I and my wife (we both have nokia N9) are using standard wazapp since it was released and we have not had any problem so far. It is working actually quite well.

I read frequently this Post to check when the next version is available, and I do not intend to try to install the dev version until it is ready, cause I am not an IT guy but a simple chemist that wants a fast unique and reliable mobile with some standard software.

I know that this is a forum for developers, but cause I want a durable program, I would like that the devs meet with nokia and Whatsapp people to reach an agreement. I did a donation and I do not mind to pay again for a reliable software in the nokia shop. Is that possible?

In another order of things, there is no point in insulting Whatsapp people. They did a nice piece of software and they are doing well, don't think they should be blamed or called "stupid" for not supporting meego.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carlos_Diaz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Diaz View Post
I and my wife (we both have nokia N9) are using standard wazapp since it was released and we have not had any problem so far. It is working actually quite well.

I read frequently this Post to check when the next version is available, and I do not intend to try to install the dev version until it is ready, cause I am not an IT guy but a simple chemist that wants a fast unique and reliable mobile with some standard software.

I know that this is a forum for developers, but cause I want a durable program, I would like that the devs meet with nokia and Whatsapp people to reach an agreement. I did a donation and I do not mind to pay again for a reliable software in the nokia shop. Is that possible?

In another order of things, there is no point in insulting Whatsapp people. They did a nice piece of software and they are doing well, don't think they should be blamed or called "stupid" for not supporting meego.
Totally agree.

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Sorry ignore my earlier intructions

Do this

Open terminal and type in this

Code:
devel-su
rootme
apt-get install nano
cd /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp\
nano /opt/waxmppplugin/bin/wazapp\filename.py
When the file is opening in nano, use the arrows above the keyboard to scroll down and then make your changes.

To save changes press Ctrl X then press y and enter

The change you need to make is change the

Code:
Symbian-2.6.61-443
to this

Code:
Symbian-2.6.99
Hope this helps!
Well, maybe I´m to stupid, but I cant navigate inside of the file. After I used your instruction the ui file was opened but how to get down? If I tried to use one of the arrows only an arrow is keyed in as symbol.

how to navigate?

thank you!

ok, I got it. But no registration possible. Thanks, whatsapp.

So there is no way without nitdroid to registrate at the moment, right?

Last edited by skysmo; 2012-07-28 at 11:12.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
registration doesn't use any .py file
maybe modifying warequest.cpp and compiling it will fix the registration problem
it uses the old synbian version for registration request
but I didn't try it yet
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
registration doesn't use any .py file
maybe modifying warequest.cpp and compiling it will fix the registration problem
it uses the old synbian version for registration request
but I didn't try it yet
Thank you! one quick question, do you think modifying the warequest.cpp would prevent the ones who -for any reason- have to re-register in the future from being blocked by whatsapp to reinstall the app (in case whatsapp is really recognizing the numbers that use an unofficial im client due to old version on requests)? the change on .py files at least stopped the annoying app update messages =)

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
I don't know this cause I didn't try it yet
Changing .py files prevents the update messages cause wazapp uses the .py files for login in
Buy if it works fine for login in then maybe it works for registering too
I'll try it in the next few days if nobody do it before
CallBlocker for Harmattan

Support my work:
Paypal / Bitcoin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
my keeps saying the fail too many but no time limit, and if i click everything fails it says server: unknown reason

edit: ah i see

Last edited by m4r0v3r; 2012-07-29 at 01:28.

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp