Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Nice, will try that thanks! (Looks like a candidate for a toggle app if you are lazy & a poor typist like me)

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
This is possible with ProfileMatic. You can use WiFi condition, then in Custom Action the gconf command to disable/enable WiFi scanning.

Bluetooth conditions will come later, maybe next version.
Anyway to make a special toggle that does all the magic while streaming music over bluetooth? When activted it will ask what connection to stick with, before said changes are made?

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Anyway to make a special toggle that does all the magic while streaming music over bluetooth? When activted it will ask what connection to stick with, before said changes are made?
Sure, doing a toggle would be possible. I'm not sure I understand about asking what connection to stick with and what's the purpose of that, but I seem to remember opening the connection selection dialog is possible.

My apologies if it didn't make any sense, but I meant asking what connection to stick with in terms of data (carrier connection or WIFI) I know its not really needed because one could easily do it manually, it was just something that might make things a little easier? Anyway, glad the toggle can be done. If you get anything to test hit me up and I'll gladly do it and send moeny your way thank you so much for the response

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
My apologies if it didn't make any sense, but I meant asking what connection to stick with in terms of data (carrier connection or WIFI) I know its not really needed because one could easily do it manually, it was just something that might make things a little easier? Anyway, glad the toggle can be done. If you get anything to test hit me up and I'll gladly do it and send moeny your way thank you so much for the response
I didn't actually expect to do this toggle myself. But I can do it with community's help on the following conditions:

1) Someone gives me two icons: one for when WiFi scanning is normal (active). One to indicate that it's off. I suck creating icons and don't enjoy that at all. I prefer SVG icons as I can create different sizes then easily. But otherwise at least 64x64 and 80x80 sizes are needed. Preferably also 256x256, but not mandatory.
2) The application I create will be open source under GPL license
3) I will provide the application freely to the community to download from here (if you like it and it works you can donate if you like it, which I appreciate)
4) If I publish it to Nokia Store I will charge the hell out of it to get some beer money lost in coding and testing it

If that's okay and someone does the icons I'll go ahead. TMO users will of course be the poor test subjects whether it works or not .

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Would really appreciate a toggle
Sadly I can't make the icons.

Last edited by Sniper_swe; 2012-09-01 at 20:58.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
I didn't actually expect to do this toggle myself. But I can do it with community's help on the following conditions:

1) Someone gives me two icons: one for when WiFi scanning is normal (active). One to indicate that it's off. I suck creating icons and don't enjoy that at all. I prefer SVG icons as I can create different sizes then easily. But otherwise at least 64x64 and 80x80 sizes are needed. Preferably also 256x256, but not mandatory.
2) The application I create will be open source under GPL license
3) I will provide the application freely to the community to download from here (if you like it and it works you can donate if you like it, which I appreciate)
4) If I publish it to Nokia Store I will charge the hell out of it to get some beer money lost in coding and testing it

If that's okay and someone does the icons I'll go ahead. TMO users will of course be the poor test subjects whether it works or not .

I can make the icons.. but is this "toggle" going to be like a clickable app in the homescreen or something?

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
I can make the icons.. but is this "toggle" going to be like a clickable app in the homescreen or something?
That's what I understand people would like to have.

So there would be one icon for each state so that it's easy to see when scanning is off.

That is how I want it

Later maybe a toggle in unrestricted-ui

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
That's what I understand people would like to have.

So there would be one icon for each state so that it's easy to see when scanning is off.
Ah alright.. I got it. Here you go:

256 x 256 when scanning is on:

and 256 x 256 when scanning is off:

If it's fine, I'll make the other sizes too

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post: